PDA

View Full Version : Height / Length of a trailered Mobius LSV

ts40ounce
01-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Can anyone give me a general idea of the height / length / width storage needed to be able to back a trailered Mobius LSV into a garage? I'm pretty sure my current house won't fit it, but I'm hoping the next house will. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and if this info is available somewhere obvious, and I missed it ... sorry.

Thanks, Tom

ts40ounce
01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Found the length is 25'3" ... still haven't been able to track down a height ... maybe it's not an issue, but I'm guessing that tower sticks up a bit higher than my Expedition.

Dave A
01-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Height won't be a problem, because the tower folds down. I take by ski platform off and have a swing-away tonge, which I think is standard. The storade dimensions front to back shold be about 8" longer than the boat itself if you have a wake plate and remove the platform and fold the tounge back. I think you need around 9 feet side to side because of the trailer. Look at the trailer dimensions. I have a 2005 Modius LS, which is 10" shorter than than the new LSV. I have 23' front to back in my garage and I could fit the new LSV in there, barely.

Dave

ts40ounce
01-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the info Dave, maybe the fiance will just have to park in the driveway for an extra year. Headed to a small boat show this weekend, then the big STL boat show early February. We've pretty much decided that we should just stick with the Sea Doo for one more year ... but you know how it is when you get boating fever.

Anyhow ... thanks again!
Tom

smokedog2
01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
he has to be talking folded - 4" pluss over my XL

SD2

kcsideways
01-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Allow 8' for the height on the trailer w/ tower folded down...might be able to squeeze in a bit less height? Width on trailer is 8'-6". Length on trailer is 23'-8" w/ platform removed and swing tongue folded, 25'-0" w/ platform on and tongue folded, 26'-8" w/ platform on and tongue fixed. Hope that helps...enjoy your new XLV!

ts40ounce
01-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info ... there's no way that's going to fit in my garage. I'll look into storage options, but I think I might just have to wait another summer.

Will let you know. There's a small St. Charles, MO boat show this weekend, and the big Stl show early Feb. Maybe the dealer will throw in a few extra feet on my garage if it's a deal breaker ... I think I saw that on the incentives after the tower mirror bracket option ...

Anyhow, Thanks again,
Tom

smokedog2
01-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I went and bought a 48x50 building for the boat before I had the boat. The posts were rotted and the roof leaked but the price was right and it now holds a Moomba, a Supra, a Catamaran, a camper and a Lund.

Took all of two years to fill it. (and fix it).

I collect a little rent and it goes up in value faster then the boat will go down. Up $18,000 so far - unsolicited offer to buy last year.

Don’t let storage stop you.

SD2

smokedog2
01-19-2007, 11:08 PM
My daughter asked today when is summer – (way too far off here in Ohio) which prompts me to add if you have kids they will love boating. My daughter is six and says this is the year she will wakeboard. She kneeboards and tubes and has tried twice to get up on a wakeboard. If I could figure out how to post pictures, I’ve got a few that are just priceless. Our mud hole of a lake is the destination of choice for LOTS of kids. MO has some great water, don’t let it go to waste.

SD2

ts40ounce
01-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Well, currently I have a Sea Doo RXT, my best man in my upcoming wedding has a Tahoe Q6, and another good friend and groomsman just traded in his 2000 Outback for a 06 Smokercraft 25-something-or-other last spring. So now we have a ski boat, a family truckster, and we're missing a wakeboard boat.

But, with so many nautical friends, we get on the water quite a bit (the Mississippi River is only 20 minutes from my house) as is. That said ... I can't wait to have a real boat of my own. Thanks for the words of encouragement ... and good luck with everyones future aquatic adventures!

Tom