PDA

View Full Version : Helix speed control paddle wheel or GPS

c_stein09
04-18-2019, 05:15 PM
I have zero-off gps cruise option on my 2018 helix. Last weekend our local river current was faster than normal and I noticed my speeds seemed a bit off but it was also my first time out for the year. Does anyone know if the speed control while towing is set by paddle wheel speed or gps? Is it possible to change this?

KnoxMojo
04-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Pretty sure if you have zero off option, you do not have a paddle wheel. You should have river mode that you can set in your screen. The best way to really know what you have is to refer to your owners manual or look up the manual in the archives on the Moomba site.

c_stein09
04-18-2019, 06:30 PM
I know for certain that i have a paddle wheel as I just checked in as I was waxing the bottom last week. Ill have to see if I can change the speed control or look for the display manual in my owners packet.

KnoxMojo
04-18-2019, 10:07 PM
I just looked through both the owners manual and the display manual. Did not see anything about river mode or switching to paddlewheel. You may can call your dealer or sift through the different settings in the vessel and user interface to see if anything comes up. Sorry I couldn't help.

korey
04-19-2019, 09:47 AM
They build them all with paddlewheels but when you get GPS it is not used. There is no river mode or way to switch to paddlewheel on the current Moomba software. I think you can on current Supras.

jph3
04-19-2019, 10:27 AM
I’m curious as I have the zero off on my helix. Where is the gps antenna located? I haven’t really looked for it...

c_stein09
04-19-2019, 02:08 PM
I appreciate the attempt. I spent way to long looking for the answer to this while I was working.

BigOrange
04-19-2019, 03:37 PM
I’m curious as I have the zero off on my helix. Where is the gps antenna located? I haven’t really looked for it...

The GPS is a "puck" that is right in front of the helm's windshield; starboard side of the boat.

jph3
04-19-2019, 04:11 PM
The GPS is a "puck" that is right in front of the helm's windshield; starboard side of the boat.

Thats what I figured... mine works ok... but I cannot find that puck. I wondered if the original owner moved it up on the tower.