PDA

View Full Version : WakeMAKERS upgrade 18 max

xjpeex
03-07-2019, 11:07 AM
Who has it? Is it worth it? Or keep stock and add 720’s midship ?

flienlow
03-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Who has it? Is it worth it? Or keep stock and add 720’s midship ?

Don't have the Max (yet) or the upgrade. FWIW - I was told by my dealer stock bags (1000lbs each) have the forward ports in them, so I will start with my existing 910s from my LSV and see if they will fit in midship compartments. I suspect they will be tight.

haknslash
03-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Not sure if those 910’s from your LSV will fit. Might not be able to fill them all the way. I think the 720/750 lb fat sac bags fill up those areas. If your 910 lb bag is the same width and length but just taller than maybe they will fit. Let us know how it goes! Like you I’m in the waiting game for my Max. When do you take delivery? Maybe I’ll see your boat on my tour in late April.

flienlow
03-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Not sure if those 910’s from your LSV will fit. Might not be able to fill them all the way. I think the 720/750 lb fat sac bags fill up those areas. If your 910 lb bag is the same width and length but just taller than maybe they will fit. Let us know how it goes! Like you I’m in the waiting game for my Max. When do you take delivery? Maybe I’ll see your boat on my tour in late April.

I suspect that you are correct, but Tryin's free. :) Correct me If I am wrong, but the WM upgrade bags for the rear are 1200lbs each? or are they 1000?
At any rate, Big Mama may benefit from a little more junk in the trunk which would force the WM bag upgrade regardless (if they are in fact 1200lb bags.)

haknslash
03-07-2019, 02:21 PM
On their website they’re 1,800 lb bags for the Max. Geez I thought they were smaller. That’s a lot of junk in the trunk and I bet makes a monster wave!

Texmoomba810
03-07-2019, 02:28 PM
On their website they’re 1,800 lb bags for the Max. Geez I thought they were smaller. That’s a lot of junk in the trunk and I bet makes a monster wave!

From what they told me when i called its 1800lbs per side.
1k rear and 800 midship. I believe the benefit would be the exact
Fit bags are shaped to the hull since the floor isnt flat.

haknslash
03-07-2019, 02:38 PM
If that’s the case I’m not sure it’s worth it vs just buying some $160 750 lb bags and tying those into the stock 1,000 lb rear bags. When I was on their site it just mentioned a rear bag upgrade but perhaps it’s also midship. Either way that’s a lot of money just for a formed bag. I don’t think any of the guys running standard fat sac bags midship have any issues with the bags form to the storage compartment shape. Maybe those guys will chime in.

flienlow
03-07-2019, 02:41 PM
I just got off the phone with WM. 2018 Max and older the upgraded bags are 1000lbs. For the 2019 Max, the rear bag is 1200lbs and the Midship bags are 540. You can go bigger in midships, however this was designed in concert with SC and it was determined the 540's would work better. (probably with the flows system and pumps.)

NOTE: WM informed me the stock 1000lb is probably not accurate as they have found them to weigh less.

Texmoomba810
03-07-2019, 02:46 PM
If that’s the case I’m not sure it’s worth it vs just buying some $160 750 lb bags and tying those into the stock 1,000 lb rear bags. When I was on their site it just mentioned a rear bag upgrade but perhaps it’s also midship. Either way that’s a lot of money just for a formed bag. I don’t think any of the guys running standard fat sac bags midship have any issues with the bags form to the storage compartment shale. Maybe those guys will chime in.

I thought the same and called to verify. I have the front ports on my stock rear bags and was thinking about getting the wakemakers kit because it included all the necessary fittings and hoses. Then murder max posted the parts list and midship install thay connects to the stock rear bags......

haknslash
03-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Yea and I believe it’s a bit easier for us 2019 guys because the ports on the stock bags are at the front instead of the center on the 2018’s. I also don’t think we have to drill holes in the storage for the 2019’s. I’m going to follow what the Murder Max did more or less and go from there. I have an existing 750 lb fat sac laying around and just need to buy another for $160 plus the fittings I’ll need. Eventually I’ll order some lead for the bow.

Boonejeepin
03-07-2019, 03:02 PM

I have the Ronix 900s and they fill the area well. Not sure how they compare in terms of LxWxH compared to the 910s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boonejeepin
03-07-2019, 03:05 PM

I run 2180lbs per side between the lockers and side seat. The Max can handle weight. It does not look slammed at all with literally tons of ballast.

jcredible
03-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Curious when slamming 4500-5000+ lbs of ballast how the Raptor 400 peforms and what are the ballpark RPMs at surf speed?

Thanks guys...just planning for an upgrade in the coming years!

Boonejeepin
03-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Curious when slamming 4500-5000+ lbs of ballast how the Raptor 400 peforms and what are the ballpark RPMs at surf speed?

Thanks guys...just planning for an upgrade in the coming years!

I run about 6500lbs plus people at times. The 400 does just fine as long as the boat is at a good running attitude (pitch). If have found that if I run more rear weigh I have to keep the pitch correct with front weight to keep the motor happy.

I have not checked the RPM but the motor is not screaming even with heavy weight, at least the way I load the boat. The one downside of the Max
is that the RPM is not visible without adjusting some settings and I prefer to see water depth, plate setting, and water temp as my default. I have the factory upgraded prop.

haknslash
03-07-2019, 08:50 PM
I run about 6500lbs plus people at times. The 400 does just fine as long as the boat is at a good running attitude (pitch). If have found that if I run more rear weigh I have to keep the pitch correct with front weight to keep the motor happy.

I have not checked the RPM but the motor is not screaming even with heavy weight, at least the way I load the boat. The one downside of the Max
is that the RPM is not visible without adjusting some settings and I prefer to see water depth, plate setting, and water temp as my default. I have the factory upgraded prop.

Wow that's a lot of weight. Good to know the upgraded prop can handle it. Sounds like the Max can pull like a tractor!

BTW you need to upload more videos of your boat and wave. I've watched the same vids countless times. Good stuff!

Boonejeepin
03-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Wow that's a lot of weight. Good to know the upgraded prop can handle it. Sounds like the Max can pull like a tractor!

BTW you need to upload more videos of your boat and wave. I've watched the same vids countless times. Good stuff!

It’s hard to get good videos while I am riding. The wife is driving and the kids are well, being kids.

Kirby
03-07-2019, 10:30 PM
My dealer is upgrading my rear ballast by 1k when it gets here. Am I gonna need more weight in the bow to keep it down while surfing? I travel 4-6 hours to play and I'm not sure I want lead bags in the boat while I tow, although the SC guy at the boat show said lay 500lbs of lead evenly and I'll be fine. Thoughts?

haknslash
03-07-2019, 11:21 PM
It’s hard to get good videos while I am riding. The wife is driving and the kids are well, being kids.

I hear ya. I gotta teach my wife how to drive a real boat. She did not like driving the Yamaha jet boat as it will wander on its own if you don't constantly correct the steering. The overly sensitive, sloppy throttle and supercharger did not help her either. Hoping she can enjoy driving the Max much better. When I did my demo the boat was effortless to drive compared to the jet boat.

Those GoPro suction mounts can free up a camera person so you can focus on surfing and everyone else can do their thing. Not too expensive. Anyways your wave is real nice and hopefully we'll see some more footage of it this season.

Boonejeepin
03-07-2019, 11:28 PM
My dealer is upgrading my rear ballast by 1k when it gets here. Am I gonna need more weight in the bow to keep it down while surfing? I travel 4-6 hours to play and I'm not sure I want lead bags in the boat while I tow, although the SC guy at the boat show said lay 500lbs of lead evenly and I'll be fine. Thoughts?

I believe 500 spread evenly will be fine as well. Although moving up to E rated tires is on my to do list. I would just feel better with higher capacity tires. I feel like they are the weak link.

trayson
03-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Those GoPro suction mounts can free up a camera person so you can focus on surfing and everyone else can do their thing. Not too expensive. Anyways your wave is real nice and hopefully we'll see some more footage of it this season.

We've done a gopro on the rear corner or on the tower. And with the wifi remote control it's super easy. Press the red button on the remote to start/stop recording. Anyone in the boat can do it. and even the wife was fine hitting start on the remote while driving.

Boonejeepin
03-08-2019, 05:58 PM
We've done a gopro on the rear corner or on the tower. And with the wifi remote control it's super easy. Press the red button on the remote to start/stop recording. Anyone in the boat can do it. and even the wife was fine hitting start on the remote while driving.

I have an adhesive mount on the transom and one on top of the anchor light. I just need to use it more.

johnh577777
03-28-2019, 03:15 AM
Does anyone know if the piggy backed under seat bag will fill before the rear bag? I’m thinking if I leave some of it empty so I can keep the side trays in.

Also anyone experimenting yet this year? My boat arrived to the dealer, but I won’t get home until the end of June to use it. My wakemakers kit is sitting in the garage. I don’t even see the kit on wakemakers anymore, do they still make it?