PDA

View Full Version : New Garage - Looking for Advice

jcredible
02-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Hey guys,

Looking to build a new garage this spring\summer. Working with my buddy to get around as many bylaw stipulations as possible with the following:

1) 24x27 deep with 2x6 walls
2) End up with 23x26 of usable space.
3) Run a custom 18x8'10" door to maximize the door size without having to require a Development Permit for >10 foot walls.

I have a Mondo today, but trying to future proof should I look at a 23 footer in the future.

Thoughts?

larry_arizona
02-23-2019, 01:29 PM
Not sure where you are located, but 2x6 walls for greater insulation potential for heating?

23 footer will be a tight fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparsigfan
02-23-2019, 01:45 PM
Our Craz is pretty close to 25’ with the trailer tongue folded and the swim deck in place. Removing the swim deck doesn’t help much with the surf system fitted anyway.
I agree that 26’ usable space is going to be snug unless you can put the boat in at an angle(?).

rdlangston13
02-23-2019, 01:50 PM
The mojo is 27 ft on the trailer with the platform on. I would try to extend it to 30' deep if I could.

larry_arizona
02-23-2019, 06:07 PM
There really is only one rule when building a garage.....

Make its as big as possible.

When I nailed the last shingle on my 30x48 barn, I looked at my buddy who helped me build it and said......”I shoulda gone 56’”

Go 10’ walls if you plan on ever installing a car lift

FamilyMan
02-23-2019, 07:16 PM
with the tongue swung in I fit the Max into a 26' garage by inches. Agree, go 30ft if you can.

sandm
02-24-2019, 10:32 AM
I don't have a skiers product but current boat at 23ft will not fit into a 26ft garage even with the swing tongue. that said we are hunting for a house with a 26ft garage knowing we have to remove the swimdeck each time. sacrifices sacrifices.....
last boat was 22ft and it would have fit snugly in a 26ft garage without removing the swim platform so as you think future proof, what size boat are you really wanting to move to. one could argue that 30ft isn't enough if you decide to get out of wakeboats and buy a 26ft tooner so at some point have to decide what's the limit.

not sure how you plan on running trusses but I would have them build in a stepped ceiling to 12 or 13 ft in the middle like a coffered ceiling to allow tower to be put up. if you are not going to 10ft walls this will accomplish the same thing.

jcredible
02-24-2019, 07:09 PM
Thx guys! Talked to my buddy building it and we are gonna do 24x28...he said you just waste a foot of material doing 27 feet. Unfortunately 28 feet is pushing the depth already...so 30 is out of the question.

Not sure my next boat...I am leaning towards a Max at this point...but also looking at the new Supreme ZS232....have heard great things about it!

on the 2x6 walls...I live up in Canada...my buddy drafting and GCing it said if you are running gas to insulate it...it is worth it for the minimal difference in pricing.

I am pumped to replace my little 14x22 footer!