PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LSV Hard Start Cold, Steering Cable

Aondion
02-23-2019, 09:52 AM
Guys, my 2007 LSV starts a little hard when cold, when its warm it starts right up. I keep it on a trickle charger year round, have tested the batteries & they are fine. Any thoughts? Also think I am due for a new steering cable, any thoughts on what that will cost to have it replaced?

mikepo26
02-23-2019, 10:54 AM
ok so hard start when cold, check all the usual things, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter, possible fuel pressure regulator, they are common. remember its a 350 chevy truck engine, so think of it as a truck in very wet conditions all the time. and steering cable, its most likely a sticky rudder, i removed mine and greased it and reinstalled, nice and smooth. they use some type of nylon self lubricating sleeve but its not the greatest design. removing the rudder is a huge pain, lots of brass drifts and hammers, but what a difference. hope this helps
it did on my 08 lsv

larry_arizona
02-23-2019, 11:24 AM
Hours since your last maintenance that was described in the post above?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbinesurgeon
02-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Steering cable is around $60. Fairly simple to replace and about an hour to replace. Good advice above for the hard starting issue. Check all the basics first.

mmandley
02-27-2019, 10:23 PM
When you say hard to start, are you referring to cranking slow, cranking a long time, or what?

Typical to crank for 3-5 seconds this happens when the boat sits weeks at a time.

Show crank is battery issues. Doesn't matter if batteries test fine, if they are 4-5years old replace