PDA

View Full Version : Best Insurance Policy for Wakeboats?

gsword
02-19-2019, 06:55 PM
My auto insurer gave me a decent quote but I’m just curious if there are better options. Who is everyone using?

larry_arizona
02-19-2019, 07:09 PM
I just got quotes from......

Boater insurance agency
SkiSafe
BoatUS

They are all equally competitive and significantly less expensive than your typical automotive insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAwake
02-19-2019, 09:54 PM
SkiSafe, beat every quote I got from State Farm, Allstate, Progressive, Geico, and Boat US. There are a lot of variables that go into pricing so it's best to shop around. In my area, lower Alabama, SkiSafe beat every place by over $400 with better coverages.

sandm
02-19-2019, 11:31 PM
ski safe. been with them since '09. cheaper than progressive and farmers/amfam and liberty mutual haven't been within $350 of skisafe.

gsword
02-20-2019, 12:33 AM
ski safe. been with them since '09. cheaper than progressive and farmers/amfam and liberty mutual haven't been within $350 of skisafe.

Really good call on SkiSafe guys...$150 cheaper than anybody else with better coverage. Geico was the next closest and actually within ~$70 when you account for it being a 12-month use policy. Progressive was literally twice as much...

Do you know anything about SkiSafe’s reputation when it comes to paying claims?

rdlangston13
02-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Not sure what my issue was but the only way I could get a reasonable quote with ski safe is if i agreed to not use my boat for like 4 months out of the year. That was a deal killer for me. I am with BoatUS/Geico.

Prospersigman
02-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Reach out to Gabriel Berkowitz @ BIA (Boaters Insurance Agency) for a quote. He has taken care of me for years and does an awesome job. They also have a vanishing deductible that goes down 25% per year if you are claim free. They also include $10,000 worth of personal items in the boat coverage.

[email protected]

larry_arizona
02-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Yup Gabe is who I have been working with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
02-20-2019, 01:02 PM
we have a 4 month layup as well from nov to march but 3month was same price. understand that can be a dealbreaker for some but here it's too cold.
heck, supposed to get snow on the valley floor tonight for our 2 snowplows to fight over :)

op is in indiana. doubt a 4month layover is a big deal.

kaneboats
02-21-2019, 11:23 AM
we have a 4 month layup as well from nov to march but 3month was same price. understand that can be a dealbreaker for some but here it's too cold.
heck, supposed to get snow on the valley floor tonight for our 2 snowplows to fight over :)

op is in indiana. doubt a 4month layover is a big deal.

I did a 4 month one in FL from Nov. thru Feb. No biggy. I'm the only one that would go out so I played golf instead. Great golf weather here during those months.

sandm
02-21-2019, 02:56 PM
man, I need to come your direction. snow here and weather has not been that great for golf since mid december.
I miss swinging the clubs. haven't played since august '17 in utah.

guess I'll have to use golf as a reason to come out that way someday since both you and Ed sold your boats...... :)

3threecs
02-21-2019, 11:57 PM
We use Boaters insurance as well. I did take the 3 months of non use to help the rate.

BrentC5Z
02-27-2019, 05:52 PM
We've always used our auto carrier State Farm. Recently, we moved some cars to Geico. Oddly, Geico was slightly higher than State Farm. $420 / yr premium $500 deductible with no restrictions. It was the same $ on our last boat that was insured for $10K more than the current one...