PDA

View Full Version : Never got my free Moomba Gear

Geoffrey18
01-06-2007, 11:14 AM
When I bought my new 06 Outback V in August I filled out the survey thing that came w/it. It said if you filled it out and sent it in you would recieve a gift pakc from moomba w/all kinds of stuff in it. Well I never got my stuff. I sent the survey in by mail right after I bought the boat. Does anyone know how I could possible get my free stuff from Skiers Choice?

rboatwr
01-06-2007, 04:47 PM
:cry: Never got mine either and I filled it out on-line. Wondering what it was and if anyone ever got anything.

Smrtz
01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I never received mine either but, I just figured maybe it was a while quantities lasted kind of thing

jburnside
01-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Maybe I was just lucky but with both of our Moomba boats we have purchased I received a goodie package. It came with Moomba window stickers, insulated can sleeves, Moomba key float, a logo beach towel, and a Moomba logo bag.

Call Skiers Choice and ask if they are still going to be doing that with new boat purchases. As I recall it took a few months for the package to arrive. How long has it been since you guys turned your surveys in?

Geoffrey18
01-08-2007, 11:12 PM
I did my survey online back in mid-August right after I purchased my boat.

rboatwr
01-09-2007, 12:27 AM
I bought my boat in the middle of October, and filled out the survey just a couple weeks after buying. Maybe I'm just being impatient. Hopefully we'll get the bag o' goodies before boating season here in the Chicago area.

smokedog2
01-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Chicago has a boating season?

Slush rather than ice I supose.

SD2

Roachman
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
I got mine but I had to email SC and give them that number on your survey and they sent it to me the very next week. You get a towel, koozies, stickers and small net bag.

rboatwr
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
:D FYI - Just had an email exchange with the excellent SC customer service group. They said they were running behind on the gift packs. They confirmed that an order was placed for mine and I should be receiving it very soon.

blueLSV
01-11-2007, 05:55 PM
it sounds like i'm a little late to the party but...i purchased my LSV end of november and i can't find the survey you all speak of. should my dealer have given it to me :?:

rboatwr
01-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Not sure if the survey was only going on for a certain period of time. I bought in October and received a survey in the mail in early December.

Wolf-
01-13-2007, 09:15 PM
excellent SC customer service group

Dude,

That is SO why I bought a Moomba.
I had talked to nearly all the dealers down here in ATL.
I browsed the boards (for the manufacturers that actually had one)

When I saw manufacturer reps in the forums, that just pulled me more and more into the Moomba world.

At the ATL Boat show today, I talked to one couple (while drooling over the 07 moombas).

One wife was hrming and hawing about the extra $8k or so above the I/O they were looking at. I asked, may I show you something? "Sure." I picked up their little 3yr old daughter, put her on the swim platform. She crawled over the sun pad and into the Outback. I asked, can she do that in the I/O? "No." How about that prop? "What prop?" Exactly.

They asked if I had had any problems. Sure, minor ones, but who doesn't? But the difference is that ATL Marine and Skiers Choice took care of me.

smokedog2
01-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Speaking of boat show drooling, I believe my exact words to George (my dealer) were “I find the boat improvements over the last couple years just a tad irritating.”

Everyone should get a survey. It does take a few months.

A friend hits salt water now and then and was convinced he needed a bigger I/O (storage and a tower). It was his son that pushed him over the edge for a Supra. The rider has more control over the boat because the boat is capable of .5 MPH control in the 6-20 MPH range (where most everyone but the 6 year olds ride). His I/O kept popping up on and then off plane – it was hateful, especially for kids trying to get a handle on the basics.

I’d kinda like to know why I/O’s took over the market. What do did they have that made them so popular? Backing up and going fast are two that come to mind. Once upon a time was the price a lot more different than today?

SD2

zabooda
01-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Dollars, specific needs, convenience, top speed and prior experience come to mind for I/Os.

I/O's tend to be cheaper. Direct drives are grossly over priced considering the simplicity of the drive train compared to an I/O. I would expect the prices to be comparable when more boat manufactorers build I/O's. Supply and demand kinda thing.

Specific needs such as shallow water drafting. There are places I go that if your in the wrong place you can kiss your bottom hardware goodbye unless you can lift it out of the water.

Convenience of backing up. Most people don't understand the backing up issue and when they plunk down bucks they expect a boat that can backup as well as go forward.

Top speed is a hard sell for people when you tell them that a direct drive has a whopping 330 horses and gets you a killer speed of 45 mph.

Prior experience with I/Os where the family has driven them before and are comfortable driving it and it works for them.

I love my direct drive over an I/O but there are trade offs and I can live with that. Others can not. There are other products that are superior products to those that succeeded such as Beta videos and Apple computers but the general public decides what is best not the knowledgable experts.

Wolf-
01-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Specific needs such as shallow water drafting. There are places I go that if your in the wrong place you can kiss your bottom hardware goodbye unless you can lift it out of the water.

This is the one that is a rub for us every now and then.
When the Army Core decides that the cute little mussels in some florida are so important that they release enough water to drop the levels by 4 feet, I have to find a new dock and ramp.

First add-on was a depth finder just to be sure.
Was in some rivers in FL where we hopped out and pushed the boat because the clearance was too close.