PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Grab Handles

cab13367
12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I am looking into replacing the plastic grab handles on my 06 Mobius LSV with the stainless steel ones from the 07 boats. Has anyone priced this out? My local dealer tells me that skier's choice is closed so he cannot get pricing.

If anyone has priced this out already, I would like to know how much they cost.

Thanks,

Al

JoeTechie
12-29-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't know the price, but I am curious... WHY ? I always thould that they would get very hot in the sun and I'm glad mine are plastic - also more comfortable. I'm sure it is just different taste in appearance, and I agree a certain amount of stainless does make the boats that much "shinyerer." Just :?:

Feel free to ignore this.

-Joe

smokedog2
12-29-2006, 07:11 PM
If you find out about SS cup holders let us know - I'm thinking about those. Easier and cheaper bling I bet.

cab13367
12-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Joe,

My old boat had stainless grab rails and heat was never an issue. It's just a way to dress up the boat a bit.

Smoke,

I am assuming the stainless cup holders are a standard item, not one specific to the Moombas so you can probably around for price. Then again, the handrail might also be an off the shelf item available elsewhere.

Thanks,

Al

redmobius
12-30-2006, 02:24 PM
cab13367, I actually just received the stainless steel grab handles I ordered from my dealer for my 99 mobius. They were slightly over $20 a piece. Well worth it. I also ordered the stainless steel cup holders from Overtons. I store my boat outside year round and always had a problem with mold on the light grey grab handles that came with the boat.

I looked every where for stainless steel handles to fit my boat and was unable to find any that were even close to the 7 1/4" bolt width. The ones from Moomba are 8" between the bolts, so I had to open the holes where my other ones attached just a little bit to make them fit. The new handles look great on the boat, and as you said, they do not get hot from the sun.

The cupholders from Overtons were just a drop in with no modifications.

Hope this helps

dj

cab13367
12-30-2006, 03:28 PM
redmobius,

Thanks for the post. That's exactly the info I was looking for. I wonder if the 2006's have handles with the bolts 8" apart, like the ones you got from the dealer? Once I have the boat in my possession (next weekend), I will pull one off and measure it.

Thanks again.

Al

smokedog2
12-31-2006, 12:45 AM
3 or 3.5" cup holders" My boat is a ways away in a barn.

I saw it today, but did not check the cup holderes.

tx

SD2

redmobius
12-31-2006, 08:31 AM
SD2,

I used the 3.5" for my boat. Overtons part number 36078 ($14.99). You can get them cheaper at Wakeside ($11.95 + free shipping and taxes).

dj

Aquaholic
01-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I add the ss cup holder's in 05 to my xlv and it looks great. I WILL have the grab rails this year! I also changed my spouts to ss and add two front grab rails.