PDA

View Full Version : Need information on Moomba

kmcg
12-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Hello,
I am in the market for a new boat and need advice on which boats to consider. I am an average skier. My wife likes to wake board. I have two young kids that tube right now, but I assume they will start to ride in the next year or two.

Given that our family skis and wake boards, which boat makes the most sense for a boat that we plan on having for many years?

Thanks,
Kevin

JoeTechie
12-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Top choice = Mobius LSV = ~$37K.
Second choice = Outback V = ~$34.5K.

They are about the same boat - the '07 Outback V used to be the '05 Mobius LSV. They changed the LSV in '06 and it became longer, wider, and taller. The old hull was rebadged the "V" and is about $3500 cheaper than the LSV. Probably the best all around boats in the line. The newer LSV is larger and feels more like you are "in" the boat than "on" the boat, and handles rough water better, but is deeper, and heavier, and sometimes more of a pain to manage in tight spaces. It has HUGE amounts of storage and seating space for all the kids and parents and friends of either group. ( 6 small children can be stored in the v-drive compartments alone! )

If you do not need the tower (the wife is not jumping) then you can get the Outback LSV = ~$35K - same exact boat as the Mobius in every way, but no ballast bags and no tower, so about $2200 less.

I think people coming from other boat tyles really enjoy the V-Drives since they give lots more room and are more social. The base Outback, Outback LS and Mobius LS are all Direct drives... amazing for true skiers, but not as capable of carrying a big family and when sking, the entire rear of the boat is lost to the rope (unless you want to behead one of the neighbor's little tikes) ;)

Hope this helps,

Joe

smokedog2
12-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Go with Joe unless you have deep pockets for a Supra - a friend is buying one and they are sweet.

qb12
12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Go with Joe unless you have deep pockets for a Supra - a friend is buying one and they are sweet.

sd2, what deep pockets are you talking about. i picked up a new 05 ssv 22 for the same price as what i was looking at paying for a loaded 06 lsv for.

you just have to look at the deals that are out there.

remember we are all still family.

have a good holiday.