PDA

View Full Version : fake a lake or a flush kit???

blueLSV
12-12-2006, 12:02 AM
i have to preface this question by saying, I'm new at this whole boating thing but...

i just got back from mexico and i used the fake a lake to flush out the boat and it's not very convenient. so my question is, what is everybody using to flush out the boat? thanks in advance for the help.

Buttafewcoe
12-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't use anything. Boat only in fresh wah-wah, occasionally clean the strainers and drain the block.
It would be wise to not boat in salt water, esp. w/o a fresh water cooling system.
B

blueLSV
12-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't use anything. Boat only in fresh wah-wah, occasionally clean the strainers and drain the block.
It would be wise to not boat in salt water, esp. w/o a fresh water cooling system.
B

thanks b,

technically, the place i was at in mexico is "fresh water" :lol: (i use that term very loosely) i'm told it is brackish, so i want to be sure i do the right thing.

JoeTechie
12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
I use the fake-a-lake about every 3 or 4 outings. My home tap water is no better than the lake water so not really sure what I am helping.

-J

BensonWdby
12-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Joe,
I feel your pain. Everytime we travel to Florida our family refers to what comes out of the tap as 'Florida Swamp Water'. It's like drinking the water that condenses off a very old window air conditioner...

Hope you are still on the water.
Dave

Smrtz
12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Ya acid rain will do that Ed...lol

JoeTechie
12-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Ed - just curious: do you post with wading boots on ???

:wink:

-J

Smrtz
12-13-2006, 12:50 PM
awesome...Ed the wakesurfing cross dresser...
Cant wait to see that at the jamboree Helga!

blueLSV
12-13-2006, 01:17 PM
No, I don't Joe.

I wear nothing but paisley suspenders and thigh high boots with 6" spiked heels and call myself Helga.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
wow...fake a lake to spiked boots. you all have way too much fun. :D

this post went bad real quick :wink: i guess this is what happens during the "off season".

qb12
12-13-2006, 01:22 PM
blue, i cannot stand fake a lake. found it to hard to get a good seal.

the flush pro works much better.

now i will apologize for ed and sd2, for their random comments.

ps, ed

i really need to get down to the jamboree and see this.

db

blueLSV
12-13-2006, 01:26 PM
thanks qb12. i'll have to do some research on the flush pro...

now i will apologize for ed and sd2, for their random comments.

no apology needed...those are what keep life interesting. :D

smokedog2
12-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey, hey!

I didn't even comment on the whole fake a lake thing. Heck that's what I ride on.

Flush kit? Sounds like a mess to me.

NOW you can apologize for me as I have now added a nonhelpful comment.

Which is not exactly different from most.

SD2

qb12
12-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey, hey!

I didn't even comment on the whole fake a lake thing. Heck that's what I ride on.

Flush kit? Sounds like a mess to me.

NOW you can apologize for me as I have now added a nonhelpful comment.

Which is not exactly different from most.

SD2

:oops:

deepcove
12-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Blue

Perko flush kit is the way to go, get a quick connect for your garden hose and it makes it even easier. The best part is you can use it while your boat is in the water, I ride in salt and flush with a perko every time I return to my dock.