PDA

View Full Version : 99 Outback

peglegger
06-18-2003, 09:53 AM
I just bought a 99 Outback and was curious about some basic things (don't think my last post worked):

-Glove Box: Is there an aftermarket glove-box that I can add on the dash by the observer's seat?

-Depth Sounder: Is there anyone here that has added one? Just curious if there is a logical place to put the gauge? The instrument panel doesn't have any extra blank gauge spots.

-Covers: My boat didn't come with a cover. I hardly need one (boat is stored in winter and under a covered boat lift in the summer), but when I take it out to work on it for a couple days, need a basic cheap cover. Any recommendations?

RickMcD
06-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Regards your boat cover question, I've had pretty good luck (and good prices, too) with "made to fit" covers at

www.boatcoversdirect.com

MartyC
06-18-2003, 12:25 PM
My depth indicator is from the factory but it is over to the side just in front of the throttle.

Catdog1
06-18-2003, 08:30 PM
We installed a humminbird 400 TX on the passenger dash.

Reason: we wanted to profile the lake bottom and hopefully see situations in advance. (Our lake has hidden features that aren't predictable by viewing the shoreline. )
It pivots so that the driver can see it even with passengers in the seat. The sensor is in the bilge.

Pictures below are of antenna installation, but also show the depthfinder through the windshield.

http://members.cavtel.net/hct

We have not solved the lack-of-glovebox situation. We use the cup holders on the passenger dash to hold keys, money, watches....

Would also like to have a driver's cup holder....