PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow Lake this Summer - TN/KY

MJHSupra
01-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Looking forward to hitting a new lake this summer.

Supra and Moomba owners - 2nd week of July:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?20259-8th-Annual-Southern-Supra-Reunion-July-12th-14th-2019

13mobiusLSV
01-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Have been going to DHL since I was 8. No one will be disappointed with any part of it. We try to make it down there 3-5x year driving from IN. Recently moved to KY for work so hoping to make it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

korey
01-11-2019, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty excited about that group heading to DHL! I't been my main go-to all of my life, but things drag me to Cumberland a little more these days. If anyone here has any questions about the area, I am happy to help! I will be there on the family houseboat with my Craz and my family Ts6m that weekend.

13mobiusLSV, where in KY are you now?

padge
01-11-2019, 03:11 PM
I maybe down for that. You guys need to come to lake Cumberland too!

13mobiusLSV
01-11-2019, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty excited about that group heading to DHL! I't been my main go-to all of my life, but things drag me to Cumberland a little more these days. If anyone here has any questions about the area, I am happy to help! I will be there on the family houseboat with my Craz and my family Ts6m that weekend.

13mobiusLSV, where in KY are you now?

We are out in La Grange, in Oldham co. How about you guys?

padge
01-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Somerset, Ky

MJHSupra
01-11-2019, 03:27 PM
There were a few lakes they tossed around, Dale Hollow, Norris, Lanier, and Cumberland.
Last 3 get pretty busy on weekends, so Dale Hallow looked most peaceful and cleanest.

I also tossed out the idea Ft Loudon and Tellico in Knoxville. Catch a factory tour on that Friday.

13mobiusLSV
01-11-2019, 03:29 PM
There were a few lakes they tossed around, Dale Hollow, Norris, Lanier, and Cumberland.
Last 3 get pretty busy on weekends, so Dale Hallow looked most peaceful and cleanest.

I also tossed out the idea Ft Loudon and Tellico in Knoxville. Catch a factory tour on that Friday.

While DHL might be smaller than some of those mentioned (we have spent lots of time on norris and Cumberland also) there are plenty of longer fingers and coves for great water even on the busiest of weekends.

MJHSupra
01-11-2019, 03:35 PM
While DHL might be smaller than some of those mentioned (we have spent lots of time on norris and Cumberland also) there are plenty of longer fingers and coves for great water even on the busiest of weekends.

I agree. We get to Norris - lots of SC boats there.
Never been to Cumberland, but looking at the size, there has to be nice water somewhere on wkends.

I lived in ATL for a few years, did not have good luck at Lanier on weekends. Early in day - not a problem.
On my buddy's yacht - sure, but dang did that place get rough.

Looking forward to hitting Cumberland someday.

korey
01-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Dale Hollow has WAAAAAY more places to get away from the main lake than Cumberland. Dale Hollow says WAAAAY cleaner too; both water clarity and debris. Cumberland is riddled with "mines" and "Season Enders" until 4th of July.. Sometimes later than that - last year was a horrible year for me to own a brand new boat because all of the rain brought debris out all the way through the season on Cumberland. It's a mystery as to why Dale Hollow never suffers from this. My theory is that the Obey River is a much smaller river than the Cumberland, and that Dale Hollow is older than Cumberland (but only by about 10 years)

13mobiusLSV, I'm in Lexington but grew up in Louisville. My uncle - who we're pretty close with - lived in Smithfied (Oldham/Henry Co Line) most of my life, but just moved to Bullit Co.

padge
01-11-2019, 04:14 PM
If you get on the dam end of Cumberland it’s much cleaner. The water in otter creek is super clear and clear of debris. Super big creek as well lost of surfing goes down in otter and beaver creek.

KnoxMojo
01-11-2019, 04:16 PM
They planned it on my wife's and mine birthday weekend, that was really sweet of y'all, very thoughtful, lol.

MJHSupra
01-11-2019, 05:33 PM
If you get on the dam end of Cumberland it’s much cleaner. The water in otter creek is super clear and clear of debris. Super big creek as well lost of surfing goes down in otter and beaver creek.

The dam north of Burkesville KY?

padge
01-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Wolfe creek dam

MJHSupra
01-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Wolfe creek dam

Yea, love that tailwater below that dam for fly fishing. We float that on Jon boats from the dam to Burkesville.

That is one big azz dam with probably 6 turbines.

MJHSupra
01-11-2019, 08:48 PM
They planned it on my wife's and mine birthday weekend, that was really sweet of y'all, very thoughtful, lol.

Isn’t that what all the girls want - romantic bday weekend in KY with a bunch of Supra and Moomba internet strangers talking about boats, wake boarding, and surfing?

evoimport6
01-12-2019, 10:42 AM
We are out in La Grange, in Oldham co. How about you guys?

Crazy I’m in crestwood oldham co.

jcarter20
01-14-2019, 04:14 PM
Dang, we just booked a trip to Norris that same week. Maybe next year. We boat at Cumberland, but not before mid July as someone else mentioned. I would like to try Dale Hollow again. Haven’t been there since I was a kid. We come from Ohio, so that extra hr or so drive makes it a little less appealing. However, the extra drive is always worth it for good water!

MJHSupra
06-19-2019, 03:13 PM
T-Shirt Orders for the event - I will try to get a pic uploaded

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?20532-Order-Your-2019-Southern-Supra-Reunion-T-shirt-Now!

Order Now!! 2019 Southern Supra Reunion T-shirt. Price is $20.00 for any size shirt.

Ok guys, I finally have the design to post for the Southern Supra Reunion which is quickly upon us. It is just three weeks away .
You have ONE WEEK to get your orders in so don't delay.

You don't have to attend the reunion to order a shirt. Please, order one if you like the shirt. Every year after the reunion, I get many emails asking if there are any extra T-shirts and the answer is always no. The quantity we print are based on the emails you guys send to us prior to the event. Remember, our event is not sponsored by Supra and we don't do this for income purposes.
We do this for fun and to add a nice Supra shirt to our collection.
The best way to let us know you that you like this year's design, is to purchase a few for yourself or the family.

The shirts will be Heather Gray this year with a 3 color print (first time for 3 color - red, white and blue) as shown below. (NOTE: the shirt color is much prettier than this computer representation)

Changes this year....offering two new sizes. Adult Extra Small and Adult 4XL. No upcharge for larger sizes as in years past. Shirts will be one price and one price only.

All shirts are ADULT sizes.

XtraSmall, Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2L, 3XL and 4XL. Price is $20.00 for any size shirt.

If you would like to order, please send an email before 10:00 PM on Thursday, June 27th to [email protected] with the sizes, quantity of each size, your forum name and given name. I will confirm receipt of email. If you don't hear from me, then I did not get your email.

Please send me your home address if you want them shipped to you. Shipping will be at your cost and shirts will ship the week following the reunion.
We will not ship any shirts until payment is made in full. PayPal is preferred method of payment.

Cut off Date for ordering will be Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48093853573_3f57754041_z.jpg