PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Shirts

Roachman
12-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Has any one designed any cool Moomba Shirts? The ones online are so weak. Just wondering if anyone has designed any shirts with the Moomba or Mobius logos on them (Like on the boats). Skiers choice needs to bump up their merchandise creativity. I know their main goal is make the boats that we love but we need something that we can show off our Moomba pride.

JoeTechie
12-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Isn't it illegal to use a company logo without permission ?

-J

Roachman
12-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Not if they dont make cool stuff :D

That is why I was saying they need to have some new internal designs created.

Smrtz
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
I know Ive been wondering about that too Roach. The designs really are not very nice. I considered buying one anyways just for the pride factor... of course they wont ship to Canada so Im pretty much screwed there. If it was really nice I would do what I had to do to get one but based on how crappy the designs are I havent bothered. Its almost like SC just sent a logo to one of these companies that create cheap marketing goods and went with whatever they were offered.

I would love to have nice quality gear and would wear it with pride if someone was to put something together

Cheers
Jay

scmarketing
12-08-2006, 07:45 PM
We do use a premium supplier to develop our brand gear. As with all things, what is cool to one person isn't to another.

I appreciate your desire to have stuff from us you like. So give me a little more input than 'its all garbage'.

qb12
12-08-2006, 08:09 PM
We do use a premium supplier to develop our brand gear. As with all things, what is cool to one person isn't to another.

I appreciate your desire to have stuff from us you like. So give me a little more input than 'its all garbage'.

I will have to say I agree with Michael. We have a very wide range of people that they have to attempt to appeal to from the hardcore skiers to the newer generation boarders. :o

Yes there are some things I would like to see. ie, hitch cover. However to those of you griping, did you see what we used to have to chose from :oops:

go and take a look at some of the other boat companie sites and look at their gear stuff. pretty sad. (and yes i just got off the mc site after reading scmarketing's coment

one thing the vendor needs to do is look at what has been good in sales and what has sucked. ipod holder :wink:

i wish they (vendor) would maybe show us some ideas on our forum before making them avail and get the input of us the potential customers

Doug

aintskeered
12-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Yep I agree! I think we have sweet boats and we are very proud of them! I think we should have better Shirts, hats, sweat shirts, automobile stickers to reflect our pride in our toys. I am by no means a designer, but I have bought none of the shirts ect from moomba. Just are not apealing. The only one I like is the old Roo sticker! I am going to get a copy of it made and put on my truck window. This was a pretty good design and stood out from the rest. Where is more like this or something simular. Get the boys at the design shop to come out with a few diffrent ones for us boy our ladys and our children post them on the site and lets see what the members like! Take a poll make the most popular ones on the clothing. If we like them you will sell more of them!

My .02
Seth

smokedog2
12-10-2006, 09:58 AM
They need the roo above the name - rather than the name and instead of hiring out, license out.

Like Nike - the roo is enough the message will follow.

Roachman
12-11-2006, 10:28 AM
scmarketing wrote:

My idea to start with is pretty simple, use the 3 logos you put on the boats and put them on a shirt. Dont limit the color you can use. For example you can have a heather grey shirt with the Moomba logo in Navy or a Black shirt with the logo in red. give some options that people can select from. A lot of other boat companies do this for their customers. At least change the design every year for the shirts. I think the same 4 have been online for 3 yrs.

Smrtz
12-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the heads up Ed,
Thats too bad the quality of the shirts isnt better. Hopefully when the newer stuff comes out it will be printed on better quality fabric.

Smrtz
12-13-2006, 10:35 AM
sorry sleevless shirts with wider arms and necks....lol

Rugburn
12-27-2006, 10:45 PM
I have an embroiderer here in Wisconsin that I use for my company stuff. How much trouble would I be in if I decided to make a few Moomba shirts and sell them? Ive approached Skiers Choice several times asking what is required to becomed a licensed supplier of T shirts and trinkets and have never gotten a reply. SOMEBODY at Skiers Choice please give us the skinny on marketing some of our own Moomba gear. It would benefit anybody that wants to show their Moomba pride and can only help in marketing of this fine vessel.

dmgx
12-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Our Brands are trademarked, and should not be reproduced or sold. We are making progress in our clothing. It's way better than it was 3 years ago. With clothing (practicaly everything) you are going to get different tastes and opinions on everything that you do or don't do. We're trying to please everyone and do it in a cost effective manor. There is a balance there. Best Regards, Jay Warren

Rugburn
12-28-2006, 01:58 PM
So how does one become licensed to produce Moomba gear? Email me with details please.

smokedog2
12-28-2006, 02:53 PM
The guys from SC probably don’t want to get into a licensing discussion. The bottom line for them is that a licensing mistake will cost them way more than they can make on a few t-shirts. (If you do not know of any licensing mistakes, it is a sure sign you should avoid getting involved in one.)

If you are going to license, you need to audit and for t-shirts at the volume level you have, it is a wash at best. Watching WI from TN is also an issue.

A good licensing agreement is expensive to develop and the “what ifs” are more than you would expect.

I doubt the SC marketing model is the - be everywhere Nike. More likely it is the Chico purse. There is value in having to look a little for it.

I think they should follow the Lund model and allow folks to sell through a SC catalog with a lot more selection. That helps solve many of the audit issues. But, Moomba is a very narrow sliver of boaters and the demand may not be what we think it is.

Other than being BB Luddites, I think the marketing guys are doing a pretty good job. The choices for gear are way up from two years ago. I think boat color combinations have more than doubled. The web is much better but could still be expanded in pictures and information. The little magazine actually had information in it. More than most wakeboard magazines which are all advertisements.

SD2

BensonWdby
12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I actually got a couple of Moomba t-shirts for Christimas this year. In fact I am wearing it as I write. A little late, but nice none-the-less. They are certainly no works-of-art, but they are adequate.

Personally I would like to see a skier image on the shirt (as opposed to WB or surfer). And I would definitely prefer to see the blue of my boat.

But I can see their dilema. What to they sell - 1500 boats a year? Maybe 2000? And they have been in business maybe 10-12 years? So maybe 20K to 30K boats on the water right now? Of that how many are participating on this forum? Maybe folks don't know about the forum.

But I think the forum is a pretty good indicator of the number of folks who would actually spend money on a corporate T-shirt. So producing Tshirts for the current user base is probably not going to be worth much of an investment.

I doubt that you would ever see them for sale at Target or Wal-mart. Then it becomes more of a marketing tool. Maybe a give-away at boat shows or dealers? So they have to weigh the return on investment on stuff they are going to give away. The benefit to that is that it becomes an expense and they may be able to write some of it off..

So instead of producing the Tshirts, how about providing desirable logo art that can be downloaded and transfered by whomever to add to a T shirt by anyone who wants to, by any means available? I am sure there are currently numerous methods of transfering an image to a shirt or other media.

As far as licensing goes - I doubt that nyone here is going to get rich on selling Moomba logoed mechandise. Sure they may make a few bucks - maybe even a few thousand. But the gain in getting their name out there at no cost to them is probably worth the lost income (on stuff they are not producing anyhow). It might be different if they had a compettive product, like a really cool embroidered shirt, but they don't so what's the point in preventing someone else from doing it?

Personally, as much as I like my boat and enjoy swapping ideas with the folks on this board, I would probably not spend the money on a T or other logoed merchandise. I already have a ton of T's from all over that I never wear, except to paint and work around the yard.

My 2 cts.
Dave

Roachman
01-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Moomba is just a word and not solely used for Moomba wakeboard boats. It is an annual festival created in 1955 long before any moomba brand boats were made so feel free to make some cool shirts. I will help you design or purchase some.

Roachman
01-04-2007, 04:11 PM
What new shirts? I haven't seen any.

Roachman
01-04-2007, 04:25 PM
If they are on the newsletter then they should be on the site.

cmathis
01-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, where are the new shirts. I have one of all the others! Still don't see them up in the gear store. Btw...........taking the "V" out tomorrow for a mid winter romp since it will be nearly 76 here. Should be fun!

Craig :)

Roachman
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
well they added a whopping 2 shirts. I am sorry I am just not impressed.

Geoffrey18
01-18-2007, 12:00 AM
I have had the Moomba Dust shirt since end of the summer. It is one of the new shirts they just put on the site. I should be getting some more new shirts soon that are not on the site yet. I will let you know how they look when I get them.

Smrtz
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
All I want to know is if I can order them now and have them shipped to Canada...

AZ_Calling
01-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Has anyone purchased a 'Moomba Mute' T-shirt? I thought I would buy one, but that is the only product that does not let you select a size? Wondering if it is only on my end.

Or maybe it is like spandex or something - "One-size" fits all. :D