PDA

View Full Version : tubes

Zihuatanejo
12-04-2006, 08:30 PM
I am not usually a big fan of tubing but I just got married and now have some little sisters that like to tube. Where should I hook up the tube. The back or the pilon?

smokedog2
12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Ah yes, the “I don’t tube but well my kid sister wants to.” Yea, we understand. Really, someone believes you ;)

Pylon, same as a skier, never the tower. Monster tube – replaced the 5 year old one and it still works. Great tubes and you cannot be thrown at reasonable speeds (unless you stand up). It has a sealed interior so feet cannot get wedged underneath between the tube and cover. Best bang for the buck. Other tubes are not as safe or stable IMHO. Next favorite is a flat one like the TomCat. Very skippy and fun to ride. Hard on the neck after awhile. Personal favorite is tube wars – jumping between the tubes – a hoot. If you do this the Tubes MUST have ropes the same length and if one gets pushed fwd you have to cut the power. Generally, if you have the ropes right your fine.

We run 3 large tubes at a pop. Well, other people I’ve seen . . .

Good luck.

SD2

Married and you now have sisters? . . . Interesting - you don't usually see that in bloomington.

Zihuatanejo
12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
O.K. I admit I do tube from time to time. I just don't like the thought of spending $30,000 on a tubing boat. My wife has little sisters so now I have sister in laws. If I could figure out how to post pictures on this website I could prove it.

smokedog2
12-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Oh! And $30,000 for a wakeboard boat make much, much more sense exactly how?

yea, yea, don’t ask don’t tell. You sir are lucky you’re not selling the boat – I have a marriage story about that I will save for another day.

Good night,

SD2

Oh, I prefer to wakeskate. In chop, I kneeboard - Obrian Airrageous - the kids will love them. Do not go cheap on them. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason.

Wolf-
12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Oh! And $30,000 for a wakeboard boat make much, much more sense exactly how?

Oh, I prefer to wakeskate. In chop, I kneeboard - Obrian Airrageous - the kids will love them. Do not go cheap on them. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason.

My 7 year old prefers to ride the Rush or Lowrider over the rotomolded plastic kiddie board. The Airageous is a very nice entry level compression molded kneeboard.

Buy some helmets. As ugly and unsexy as they look...worth every penny. I took a fall this fall, minor concussion. Cracked a kneeboard with my head. Glad I had the helmet on.

hotstore
12-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi:
We have had a couple of people killed in Canada from the tower coming off and hitting poeple on the boat. Always use the pylon to ski or tube as the extra torque on the tower could be too much for it and over it could come.
Rick