PDA

View Full Version : January Picture Thread

RC_Hinojosa
01-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year!!

Toasting for a new year of killer weather, tasty waves and great memories for our families!!

[emoji898][emoji1635][emoji1690][emoji2101]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190102/cdcd32323cb39419d039127f0f3750bf.jpg

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

jph3
01-10-2019, 01:55 AM
27900 face shots all around

trayson
01-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Went to the PDX boat show.

Who wants a surf pontoon?
https://i.imgur.com/HuyLmQ9.jpg

jph3
01-10-2019, 04:31 PM
:cool: I want one. What was the price tag?

mikenehrkorn
01-10-2019, 05:19 PM

I read an article that quoted $65-75K (https://boatingindustry.com/news/2018/10/08/minnesota-based-montara-boats-introduces-surf-pontoon/)

MJHSupra
01-11-2019, 10:26 AM
Boat show price?

mikenehrkorn
01-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Went to the PDX boat show.

Who wants a surf pontoon?
https://i.imgur.com/HuyLmQ9.jpg

Do you have any more pics of that beast? Like what does the hull look like? I'm headed to the boat show here in Chicago this weekend but it doesn't look like this vendor will be at the show. :(

mikenehrkorn
01-11-2019, 01:58 PM

Article I read and quoted called it the "street price".....what did you see at the show Trayson?

trayson
01-11-2019, 02:18 PM
Do you have any more pics of that beast? Like what does the hull look like? I'm headed to the boat show here in Chicago this weekend but it doesn't look like this vendor will be at the show. :(

The hull is like a tri-toon, but the front of the three is all connected like a tri-hull boat. It has a surf platform and of course surf tabs. Center mounted engine.

Article I read and quoted called it the "street price".....what did you see at the show Trayson?

Gosh, I didn't even look. I got up in it and crawled around. It's of course super roomy. Has a crazy auto retracting bimini. Two captains chairs. The vinyl certainly isn't wakeboat quality. Gatorstep type flooring. They didn't make me take my shoes off, LOL.

bjrow
01-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Been a bit of a heat wave over here of late, temps around 39 to 42 degC over the past week.
Took Monday off work and chilled out.

Not a bad way to spend a Monday.

Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.

beat taco
01-23-2019, 01:57 AM
Haha I was trying to ban this guy and couldn't get my mod powers to work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bergermaister
01-23-2019, 09:18 AM
Sorry - too busy drooling over the presidential caddy to be distracted by spammers.

DFTR Josh
01-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Utah has been frozen so I decided to upgrade my poker table to 8' of playing goodness.

The old starter... 27962
The new sheriff...27963

KG's Supra24
01-23-2019, 11:49 AM
Just started recovery from a December mountain bike injury. Hoping to be back up and going before summer!

Top plate is collarbone and the other two are on the shoulder blade.

https://i.imgur.com/AN2qBLk.jpg

TXSurf4
01-23-2019, 11:58 AM
Just started recovery from a December mountain bike injury. Hoping to be back up and going before summer!

Top plate is collarbone and the other two are on the shoulder blade.

https://i.imgur.com/AN2qBLk.jpg

Ouch!! That is really making me contemplate hitting the trails this weekend!

MJHSupra
01-23-2019, 09:26 PM
Dang . . . . good luck on the rehab.

bjrow
01-23-2019, 11:08 PM
Farrrk!
Good luck with the rehab and hope you're well on the road to recovery.
Broke my ankle 13mths ago and still not quite right but have been out wakesurfing.
Hardest thing I found was all the sitting around waiting for things to heal let all the muscles wane away. Found the rehab good for getting flexible again but just had to force myself to get out and about to build up strength even if it was a tad painful.
Hope other half is giving you lots of tlc :).
Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.

rdlangston13
01-25-2019, 04:38 PM
Just picked her up from Rinkers after a warranty head unit swap. They cleaned her up nicely. Time to go back to Storage. Is it summer yet???https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190125/cead8a395515702ed8abe1ee0c36883c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 04:57 PM
Just picked her up from Rinkers after a warranty head unit swap. They cleaned her up nicely. Time to go back to Storage. Is it summer yet???https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190125/cead8a395515702ed8abe1ee0c36883c.jpg

Man that is a great looking boat!! Even with the cover on! Is that the cover that came with it or did you have it made? I only ask bc I know the new ones are gray.

rdlangston13
01-25-2019, 04:58 PM
Man that is a great looking boat!! Even with the cover on! Is that the cover that came with it or did you have it made? I only ask bc I know the new ones are gray.

I has it made by Cory with evolution covers. The black matches the boat way better than the gray and its custom made to be on while towing.

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 05:01 PM
I has it made by Cory with evolution covers. The black matches the boat way better than the gray and its custom made to be on while towing.

I see! I was really wondering about the towing. Does it scuff the gel at all? Was it expensive? I ordered my boat with a cover but am not opposed to having one make like that and selling the factory one.

rdlangston13
01-25-2019, 05:43 PM
No scuffs that I have seen and i tow a few thousand miles a year covered (yearly trips to Arkansas and such). Cost was around $800 if I remember right. Main thing is he stays pretty busy so there can be a lead time. I am getting Jim at Rinkers to look into getting me the cleat and fuel door covers that come on the Supra covers. If he can get them I may try to get them added to my cover.

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 06:04 PM
No scuffs that I have seen and i tow a few thousand miles a year covered (yearly trips to Arkansas and such). Cost was around $800 if I remember right. Main thing is he stays pretty busy so there can be a lead time. I am getting Jim at Rinkers to look into getting me the cleat and fuel door covers that come on the Supra covers. If he can get them I may try to get them added to my cover.

Man I wish I would have thought about that as that is the cost of the cover from the factory.

What do the cleat and fuel door covers do?

rdlangston13
01-25-2019, 06:07 PM
Just allow access to the cleats and fuel door with the cover on. Right now if I am towing with the cover on and stop to get gas for the boat I have to take off the back half and fold it over to fill up the boat. A cover that unzips around the fuel door with allow me to get fuel without undoing the cover.

Same concept for the cleats with the boat in the water. I would like to be able to cover the boat while it’s tied t a dock over night and the cover covers the cleats so you don’t have access to them. Have the zippable covers for the cleats would allow me to use them when the boat is in the water covered.

MJHSupra
01-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Evolution - don’t we surprised if you call and your in the list until summer. Busy shop. My friend recently tried on a 242 Supra.

Good stuff!!

Call them.

Matt0520
01-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Man I wish I would have thought about that as that is the cost of the cover from the factory.

What do the cleat and fuel door covers do?

I was actually just messaging with someone that had their dealer order an OuterArmor cover in place of the factory one. No prob.

Apparently there's also 5 other standard wheel choices on the boatmate trailers as well :)

larry_arizona
01-26-2019, 11:18 AM
I think the factory Supra covers are now made by outer armor.

Edit: looks like APEX makes them

z28ke
01-27-2019, 02:58 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190127/ba3afa0022a580263d63211ee22880e2.jpg

Drinking a Bloody Mary workin on the boat, jones’n for spring!!!

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Evolution - don’t we surprised if you call and your in the list until summer. Busy shop. My friend recently tried on a 242 Supra.

Good stuff!!

Call them.

Ya so I emailed him and he is booked into July right now which is awesome for him and I love that a privately owned made in the USA company is super busy!! I am definitely going to get a swim platform cover from him but I have to figure if I am going to order the boat cover from him as I am going to have to get the factory one anyways to keep it clean for the 3-4 months before it would show up. I already have enclosed storage for when the boat shows up but with the pollen in the spring I would never leave a boat uncovered.

Does anyone that doesn't have a trailerable cover have problems with cushions staying in place or do your boats get that dirty while on the road?

I was actually just messaging with someone that had their dealer order an OuterArmor cover in place of the factory one. No prob.

Apparently there's also 5 other standard wheel choices on the boatmate trailers as well :)

Unfortunately with the Makai being so new OuterArmor doesn't make one for it :(

RC_Hinojosa
01-30-2019, 03:14 PM
Does anyone that doesn't have a trailerable cover have problems with cushions staying in place or do your boats get that dirty while on the road?

I have the standard factory mooring cover but I do not tow with it on.

There's plenty of debate about whether or not the mooring cover will scuff your gel coat while towing. If it's a long trip, I know guys that will Saran Wrap the beltline before putting on the cover for travel.

I've been towing for two seasons now without the cover, no issues with cushions. Just make sure the windshield walkthrough is closed to direct airflow over the boat.

The boat stays clean except for the tower, cans and bimini cover...they are good bug catchers. Some Hula Boat Care Surf Away spray detailer & a microfiber and it cleans up easy.

My mooring cover really just keeps the boat dust free while in storage...

jph3
01-30-2019, 03:17 PM

There's plenty of debate about whether or not the mooring cover will scuff your gel coat while towing. If it's a long trip, I know guys that will Saran Wrap the beltline before putting on the cover for travel.

I've been towing for two seasons now without the cover, no issues with cushions. Just make sure the windshield walkthrough is closed to direct airflow over the boat.

The boat stays clean except for the tower, cans and bimini cover...they are good bug catchers. Some Hula Boat Care Surf Away spray detailer & a microfiber and it cleans up easy.

I am the same, but drop the tower to avoid all the bugs and crap on the tower. I have found that its best to remove the struts from the rear compartments... mine were bouncing open on the highway, so I pop them off for road trips now.

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 03:40 PM

I see. Do you put the walk through screen in too or just close the windshield?

I am planning to get covers for the cans to use when trailering and storage for that reason. I definitely need to get some new cleaners... do the hula products work well?

I really want to get the cover from Evolution to trailer with but hate paying for 2 covers. LOL I know what a problem to have.

RC_Hinojosa
01-30-2019, 04:24 PM
I see. Do you put the walk through screen in too or just close the windshield?

I am planning to get covers for the cans to use when trailering and storage for that reason. I definitely need to get some new cleaners... do the hula products work well?

I really want to get the cover from Evolution to trailer with but hate paying for 2 covers. LOL I know what a problem to have.

I don't have the walk through screen, I just make sure the windshield is closed.

The Hula products work extremely well. They are based in Austin (local Texan company) and their stuff is eco friendly. (Rinker's dropped Boat Bling and exclusively carries Hula)

They have some good starter kits that have a little bit of everything and they have gallon jugs of the stuff you'll go through a lot.

The must haves are the Gnarly Water Spot Remover, the Surf Away spray detailer and the Wipe Out Vinyl cleaner & conditioner.

Hold off on any boat cleaning purchases for now.

For a second year in a row, I've been chosen as an HBC brand ambassador and I will have a new 2019 discount code to share with the forum shortly.

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 04:38 PM
I don't have the walk through screen, I just make sure the windshield is closed.

The Hula products work extremely well. They are based in Austin (local Texan company) and their stuff is eco friendly. (Rinker's dropped Boat Bling and exclusively carries Hula)

They have some good starter kits that have a little bit of everything and they have gallon jugs of the stuff you'll go through a lot.

The must haves are the Gnarly Water Spot Remover, the Surf Away spray detailer and the Wipe Out Vinyl cleaner & conditioner.

For a second year in a row, I've been chosen as an HBC brand ambassador and I will have a new 2019 discount code to share with the forum shortly.

Ya I knew they were a local Texas company and I appreciate that. I am having the platinum protection done on my boat are products safe to use with that?

That is awesome that you were selected again!

RC_Hinojosa
01-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Ya I knew they were a local Texas company and I appreciate that. I am having the platinum protection done on my boat are products safe to use with that?

That is awesome that you were selected again!

The products are safe to use with nano ceramic coatings...you simply won't need to use much of them because your boat will inherently stay cleaner.

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 04:48 PM
The products are safe to use with nano ceramic coatings...you simply won't need to use much of them because your boat will inherently stay cleaner.

Good to know! I will definitely wait until you have the code to share to pick everything up. Thanks!

Prospersigman
01-30-2019, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=RC_Hinojosa;336611]I don't have the walk through screen, I just make sure the windshield is closed.

I will have a new 2019 discount code to share with the forum shortly.

Need a good discount code because they are proud as s--t pf their products!!

RC_Hinojosa
01-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Need a good discount code because they are proud as s--t pf their products!!

Texas Proud feeding the Texas economy [emoji16]

I'll hook y'all up as soon as I get the new code!!

Matt0520
01-30-2019, 06:37 PM

Awesome! I was actually messaging with one of their people yesterday. She said that the Gnarly is a great spot remover but doesn't have any vinegar in it (vs Boat Bling) so won't strip wax or anything like that. I think she said they use fruit acids instead. I'll probably get what you listed, as well as the polish.