PDA

View Full Version : Spring break ideas w kiddos

jph3
12-30-2018, 10:37 PM
Our spring break is 3/23-29... we live in Colorado, and looking for a good (warm) spot to take the boat with the kids. Have a camper as well, or ideally in hotel. Any ideas or suggestions within a good driving distance (Arizona?). We were in new braunfels last year, and temps were just ok... any advice appreciated!

rdlangston13
12-31-2018, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure you will find much within a reasonable drive to take the boat that has warm water during spring break. Florida is probably going to be the best bet and thats a haul. Even around Houston the water is typically not that warm in March.

Broke Pilot
12-31-2018, 10:48 AM
I would have to think there’s some guys in SoCal that would have good water by March, if not year round. Jerks... lol
That’s probly where I’d be looking. I’d say Havasu, but it’s not really family friendly over spring break.

Boonejeepin
12-31-2018, 11:23 AM
Havasu would have the best water temps at that time but as mentioned may not be family friendly. Mead is also on my spring break list. There are not really any “destination lakes” in SoCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jph3
12-31-2018, 11:40 AM
Are there parts of Havasu that would be family friendly? I saw one hotel that was geared toward kids... have a friend that lives there (hes retired) and offered his house... but have never been there.

Just figured there might be some other lakes in that area that are warm if all else? Looking through these lakes if anyone has info... http://waterskiarizona.com/canyon-lake.php

Boonejeepin
12-31-2018, 12:49 PM
Are there parts of Havasu that would be family friendly? I saw one hotel that was geared toward kids... have a friend that lives there (hes retired) and offered his house... but have never been there.

Just figured there might be some other lakes in that area that are warm if all else? Looking through these lakes if anyone has info... http://waterskiarizona.com/canyon-lake.php

The south end of Havasu is more tame. You could check out Lake Pleasant or Saguaro in AZ as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
12-31-2018, 01:20 PM
we were in havasu last spring during spring break. as long as you stay out of the channel it's not bad. weather was warm. lots of people around but we had lunch at one of the more popular mexican joints and no wait to get in. lake looked pretty deserted for tubing/surfing/boarding.
if you time your week right, they do races down at the Bluewater south of the dam. short drive down the canyon to put in on the lower colorado for a day.

not sure on mead's water temp at that time. temple bar is pretty inexpensive to stay at with everything you need right there and day trips to vegas/hoover dam/grand canyon.

Ed_Geary
01-02-2019, 02:39 PM
just tossin' this idea out...consider the Orlando attractions (Disney, Universal, etc). If you acted quickly you could rent a lake front house and rent a boat.

Lake front house is available thru https://floridavacationvillage.com/

Late March water temp is about 75

jph3
01-18-2019, 01:12 AM
So I think we are settling on Phoenix for a couple reasons... Planning to bring the boat with us and we are staying up by Lake Pleasant. Anyone with experience at that lake? Any advice is appreciated...