PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for a Craz

Matt0520
12-22-2018, 11:23 PM
Hi all!

Been on the water since I was 8 and (at 32) finally shopping for our first boat. Grew up sailing/teaching sailing at our local lake and psyched to finally get my kids (3 and 6) out on that same spot. Pretty set on the Craz as our limit is 22’ and I’d like to max out our size. I’ve demod the A22, T22/23, and new 22LSV. Bu was amazing..., but too much for our first rodeo. And while the wakes/waves on the Axis were great, the Moomba seems to offer more for the money and I like the look/finish on interior more.

I’m thinking these are the must have options:

Flow surf system
Auto wake
G6
Depth finder
Water strainer/flush kit
Surf bimini
Bow speakers with sub
Wetsounds tower speakers w amp
Gatorstep everywhere
Swivel racks
Seat back kit
Transom walkthrough/stomp pad
Dual battery
Mirror
Swing away tongue
Spare tire
Boat cover

Any other options you’d suggest? Headed to boat show in January and psyched to see lots of options firsthand. I think my best bet is to find a leftover 2018, I’ve read dealers may be able to transfer these around? 15% off is probably a good deal, hoping to push past that on a leftover. Or maybe get a lightly used 2017 or 18. I know surf system and bimini are different on 2016s, is that a year to avoid or no big deal?

Also open to private party sale, if you’re thinking of selling a Craz, LMK!

johnh577777
12-23-2018, 12:47 AM
Heater would be my #1 option!

DFTR Josh
12-23-2018, 12:30 PM
Heaters, walk through screen, GPS.

sandm
12-23-2018, 04:00 PM
just my .02. I had windscreen/heater in the last 2 boats and based on how/when we rode, never used them so before you start checking option boxes, how/when/where will you REALLY use the boat. not having them if you plan on reselling down the road shouldn't kill the deal as heaters are not that hard to add after the fact.

good luck in the hunt.... there's 9 right now on onlyinboards that would make a great xmas present....

Matt0520
12-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Great suggestion RE: the heaters/screen. sandm brings up a good point too, for the next few years with the young kids...who knows how much we'll use the heat. Then again the goal with this boat (getting a newer one) is having one we can grow into and enjoy for 5-7 years at least hopefully. Good things to consider.

Yes there are a lot out there! Key will be scoping that out after the show on the 2018s...I'm definitely watching :)

johnh577777
12-23-2018, 04:59 PM
just my .02. I had windscreen/heater in the last 2 boats and based on how/when we rode, never used them so before you start checking option boxes, how/when/where will you REALLY use the boat. not having them if you plan on reselling down the road shouldn't kill the deal as heaters are not that hard to add after the fact.

good luck in the hunt.... there's 9 right now on onlyinboards that would make a great xmas present....

You live in Nevada right? He lives in Ohio so the use of boat heaters would be a lot different of a story when comparing the two climates.

996scott
12-23-2018, 07:50 PM
we have had heaters in our boats for a long time now and we use them a ton. If you are skiing early in the season or late in the season you will use them. Maybe not so much you, but the kids will absolutely use them. Kids are always cold when then get out of the water and love to use the heaters. As was said earlier, they are not hard to install later on.

jason1973
12-24-2018, 09:44 AM
We boat in Wisconsin and NEVER once used the heaters. I do have them, but to be honest, i can take it or leave it. Not important to me. The most important thing is the stereo (to me). Don't skimp on sound. A depth finder is a must as well.

RC_Hinojosa
12-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Hi all!

Been on the water since I was 8 and (at 32) finally shopping for our first boat. Grew up sailing/teaching sailing at our local lake and psyched to finally get my kids (3 and 6) out on that same spot. Pretty set on the Craz as our limit is 22’ and I’d like to max out our size. I’ve demod the A22, T22/23, and new 22LSV. Bu was amazing..., but too much for our first rodeo. And while the wakes/waves on the Axis were great, the Moomba seems to offer more for the money and I like the look/finish on interior more.

I’m thinking these are the must have options:

Flow surf system
Auto wake
G6
Depth finder
Water strainer/flush kit
Surf bimini
Bow speakers with sub
Wetsounds tower speakers w amp
Gatorstep everywhere
Swivel racks
Seat back kit
Transom walkthrough/stomp pad
Dual battery
Mirror
Swing away tongue
Spare tire
Boat cover

Any other options you’d suggest? Headed to boat show in January and psyched to see lots of options firsthand. I think my best bet is to find a leftover 2018, I’ve read dealers may be able to transfer these around? 15% off is probably a good deal, hoping to push past that on a leftover. Or maybe get a lightly used 2017 or 18. I know surf system and bimini are different on 2016s, is that a year to avoid or no big deal?

Also open to private party sale, if you’re thinking of selling a Craz, LMK!

Based on everything you've listed, if you can get a good spring boat show deal, a Craz Pro would seem like the way to go. My only knock on the Pro line is that you can't get a flake and my Ultra Blue metallic flake is a head turner.

sandm
12-24-2018, 12:33 PM
You live in Nevada right? He lives in Ohio so the use of boat heaters would be a lot different of a story when comparing the two climates.

6 years in Boise Idaho and 4 years in Green Bay Wi in the last 11 years with GB being MUCH worse than anything Ohio has to offer qualify my opinion and I never used the heater once.

hard to believe that I used my heated seats on the way to work this morning since it's 40degrees here. you become climatized to wherever you live and although people think desert, it does get cold here during the much more extended boating season that someone may want a heater. only saying be realistic in your actual use of the boat as you check off the box on things that might not add to resale down the road but add cost to the overall price of the boat.

parrothd
12-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Gotta get the heaters, makes a huge difference, we use them constantly. Early morning nights or cool days. Also get the trailer steps!!! Craz is freaking huge, getting in and out is difficult without. That's my next upgrade.

With the heaters you'll use the boat more on cool days. Wives girlfriends and kids will tolerate a not perfect sunny day(those are pretty rare) with heaters.

parrothd
12-24-2018, 01:32 PM
I'd skip the G6 and use that money for larger ballast, ballast bow bag and heater.

dakota4ce
12-24-2018, 01:38 PM
I'd skip the G6 and use that money for larger ballast, ballast bow bag and heater.

G6 in my opinion is a gift from heaven. Lightning fast fill and empty. Not very fun or easy to add after the fact.

Also those of you in northern climates that don’t use the heaters, you should give it a whirl and stop being such a prude! Or you’re just never going out in cool weather? Heaters are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
12-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Are the G6 pumps ballast Kings?

dakota4ce
12-24-2018, 02:16 PM
Are the G6 pumps ballast Kings?

No sir.

parrothd
12-24-2018, 02:29 PM
G6 in my opinion is a gift from heaven. Lightning fast fill and empty. Not very fun or easy to add after the fact.

Also those of you in northern climates that don’t use the heaters, you should give it a whirl and stop being such a prude! Or you’re just never going out in cool weather? Heaters are awesome!

They don't go out in cold weather or use wetsuits.. Lol

dakota4ce
12-24-2018, 03:46 PM
They don't go out in cold weather or use wetsuits.. Lol

Has to be the case. Cool mornings, wetsuit weather, heaters are worth their weight in gold. Also evening cruises back from friends places or whatnot always sees heater and blanket usage.

parrothd
12-24-2018, 04:15 PM
Have you seen the surf heated blanket? 128 seems rediculous, but looks nice..

https://www.surfinityco.com/product/heated-boat-blanket/

Boonejeepin
12-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Have you seen the surf heated blanket? 128 seems rediculous, but looks nice..

https://www.surfinityco.com/product/heated-boat-blanket/

I bought a couple of stadium blankets (fleece outside/wind and water resistant material outside). Cut the seem near a corner and sewed in a shirt section of nylon pant legs with a cinch strap.
Does the same thing, works great and about $50 for 2 blankets.

dakota4ce
12-24-2018, 05:24 PM
I have the surf blanket...not this exact one though. I recall it being expensive but it is beloved!

johnh577777
12-25-2018, 05:14 AM
[QUOTE=sandm;334920]6 years in Boise Idaho and 4 years in Green Bay Wi in the last 11 years with GB being MUCH worse than anything Ohio has to offer qualify my opinion and I never used the heater once.

hard to believe that I used my heated seats on the way to work this morning since it's 40degrees here. you become climatized to wherever you live and although people think desert, it does get cold here during the much more extended boating season that someone may want a heater. only saying be realistic in your actual use of the boat as you check off the box on things that might not add to resale down the road but add cost to the overall price of the boat.[/QUOTEi

I would bet you would be an extreme minority of wake boat owners in Wisconsin that never uses a heater. I am more than realistic in expecting a heater, I wouldn’t even come close to considering a used boat without a factory heater. My dealer won’t order one without one. I live in Spokane now and it gets cold when the sun starts to go down most of the year. It doesn’t stay hot and humid into the night like the Midwest does.

korey
12-26-2018, 01:24 PM
I use the hell out of my heater in KY. Like nearly every time the boat touches the water, LOL. I almost always get a wakeboard ride at dusk and come in after dark though.

Also, as others said, G6 is a must have. Once you can fill in ~6 minutes, you'll never be able to go back!

Dealers don't really work together in the way that car dealers do - you're probably not going to get one to "transfer" a 2018 around.

I wrote a must-have list after using my (first brand new order) for a few months:

The options that I can't live without:
All of the wake options - G6, Flow, Autowake (in that order if you have to choose)
Bimini with surf pockets - my surf boards NEVER go in the board racks now, they ride WAY better in the bimini
Rear stereo controls (would be a PITA to add later)
HEAT - Even though it's 90F most days we're out, upper 70's at sunset when you're wet gets chilly! We seriously use it nearly every time we're out!
Nonskid on the gunnels
Rear tubs (on the Max, I don't have them on the Craz and am supremely jealous)
Transom steps on the trailer
PTM Mirror - it rocks

Things I got and won't get next time:
The Cooler - it sucks
I might research doing my own board racks, just because of the swivels. I had the Roswell MAGs on my old boat and they were far superior to whatever Moomba uses. I didn't notice a surf rope wrapped around an empty board rack and pulled my brother up and broke the latch on a rack. it has a sacrificial part that is easy to replace, but the MAGs would not have done that...
Also, probably upgrade to clamping board racks
I didn't realize that without the 6 speaker upgrade (add 2 bow speakers and an amp) the 4 speakers leftover in the boat are jsut powered off of the head unit. Lame. With the bow speaker upgrade, all 6 go on an amp. Worth the money!

Last, I'm not really here to hard sell, but my 2018 Craz is not-quite-officially-for-sale. If you;re interested, PM me - price will be pretty good as I bought at a good deal!
https://i.imgur.com/F1DlXRv.jpg

Matt0520
12-26-2018, 06:37 PM

I thought the same but then heard the G6 helps the autowake do its job?

Has to be the case. Cool mornings, wetsuit weather, heaters are worth their weight in gold. Also evening cruises back from friends places or whatnot always sees heater and blanket usage.

Good input thx! Insurance against crew complaining for sure.

I use the hell out of my heater in KY. Like nearly every time the boat touches the water, LOL. I almost always get a wakeboard ride at dusk and come in after dark though.

Also, as others said, G6 is a must have. Once you can fill in ~6 minutes, you'll never be able to go back!

Dealers don't really work together in the way that car dealers do - you're probably not going to get one to "transfer" a 2018 around.

I wrote a must-have list after using my (first brand new order) for a few months:

Last, I'm not really here to hard sell, but my 2018 Craz is not-quite-officially-for-sale. If you;re interested, PM me - price will be pretty good as I bought at a good deal!
https://i.imgur.com/F1DlXRv.jpg

Thx PM sent!

larry_arizona
12-26-2018, 06:42 PM
G6 ballast is huge in making autowake work and adjust on fly.

It’s needs 6 pumps to move water to maintain pitch and roll dynamically, 3 pumps are too slow.

Goose makes this very clear in the autowake thread and the wake9 interview.

Boonejeepin
12-26-2018, 06:56 PM
G6 ballast is huge in making autowake work and adjust on fly.

It’s needs 6 pumps to move water to maintain pitch and roll dynamically, 3 pumps are too slow.

Goose makes this very clear in the autowake thread and the wake9 interview.

G6 is worth the $.

Matt0520
12-26-2018, 08:15 PM
Makes sense, thanks guys!

Matt0520
01-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Bumping this back up to see who has/is thinking of selling a Craz :cool:

TXSurf4
01-15-2019, 09:35 PM
I think Korey said above that his might be and that thing is good looking with that Silver Metal Flake and Brittany Blue classic spray!!

korey
01-15-2019, 09:49 PM
I think Korey said above that his might be and that thing is good looking with that Silver Metal Flake and Brittany Blue classic spray!!

She's Captain Blue, but yep Mike and I have chatted! If i get to replace it, I'll probably end up with real similar colors. But MAAAAYBBEEE on an SA...

TXSurf4
01-15-2019, 09:52 PM
She's Captain Blue, but yep Mike and I have chatted! If i get to replace it, I'll probably end up with real similar colors. But MAAAAYBBEEE on an SA...

Your right that’s my fault it is metal flake in that shade of blue is “Brittany”. Those colors will be sick on an SA!!

Matt0520
01-16-2019, 08:17 PM

Yes it’s a beaut! Maybe a bit more than we want to spend, just looking for other options as we weigh things out :)

flienlow
01-16-2019, 09:14 PM
OP- Why are you Choosing the CRAZ over other models?

chawk610
01-17-2019, 12:46 AM
Cause the craz is awesome!!��

flienlow
01-17-2019, 12:24 PM
Cause the craz is awesome!!��

WHY? (I'm trying to decided)

RC_Hinojosa
01-17-2019, 01:08 PM
OP- Why are you Choosing the CRAZ over other models?

If you read the beginning of the thread the OP stated a 22' limit...

Prospersigman
01-17-2019, 06:12 PM
I understand the Craz for the OP since he has a 22' limit in boat size. For Flienlow I would look at the Makai if you can afford it. If the Makai is out of your price range I would look into the Max...just my .02 cents.

Matt0520
01-18-2019, 01:22 AM
WHY? (I'm trying to decided)

Yep 22’ limit so trying to maximize my space within the limit. and I don’t love the looks of the Helix and the Mondo is hard to find with tandem axle trailers.

Matt0520
01-20-2019, 09:10 PM
Braved the weather and headed to show today...and that's all she wrote. Spray date of March! :cool: Super psyched

TXSurf4
01-20-2019, 09:36 PM
Nice!! Congrats!

RC_Hinojosa
01-20-2019, 11:20 PM
Braved the weather and headed to show today...and that's all she wrote. Spray date of March! :cool: Super psyched

Congrats, show us a render!

larry_arizona
01-21-2019, 07:45 AM
Very cool!!!! If you ask your salesman, they will get you some pictures of your build throughout the process.

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 12:37 PM
Congrats, show us a render!

We are still debating a bit on color, but pretty set here :confused::D
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4916/31886909327_cf58a89d90_c.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7912/31886909417_4d623dd0eb_c.jpg

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 12:38 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7880/46103108194_68c6065604_c.jpg

larry_arizona
01-21-2019, 12:40 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4916/31886909327_cf58a89d90_c.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7912/31886909417_4d623dd0eb_c.jpg

Outstanding colors, love it!!! Is that eclipse black metal flake?

Can I suggest adding a blue welt line to the interior (if that is an option)to make the interior pop more?

RC_Hinojosa
01-21-2019, 12:46 PM

Black and Blue is a timeless combo...looks great!!

larry_arizona
01-21-2019, 12:56 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190121/2223ced0414658d297c903840ee57a79.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190121/e038e240310246cb1d90c017422146bb.jpg
Like this

RC_Hinojosa
01-21-2019, 12:58 PM
Like this

+1 on the interior blue piping & the black flake

csm
01-21-2019, 12:58 PM
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7880/46103108194_68c6065604_c.jpg

That’s almost the exact interior on our max, but we added a touch more blue. But same gray with white welting, and it looks great in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

csm
01-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Here’s what we ended on, pretty similar and we are very happy.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190121/94e673f47e2be7002584084c38f8c2b4.jpg

TXSurf4
01-21-2019, 01:03 PM
The Black Metal Flake would be awesome! I agree on the Welt needing some color to pop but you might also look at it with Black.

larry_arizona
01-21-2019, 01:41 PM
The black flake is awesome, it is subtle (nothing like a bass boat) for a flake but hides swirls really well versus straight black.

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 02:17 PM
That’s almost the exact interior on our max, but we added a touch more blue. But same gray with white welting, and it looks great in person.

Do you have it yet or did you order? I was wondering how the pacific blue accent panel (at cushion base) would look up against the pacific blue decking/fiberglass? Different materials so I assume color will vary a bit between the two surfaces...that's one reason we went black. And also to bring some of the exterior inside.

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 02:17 PM
The black flake is awesome, it is subtle (nothing like a bass boat) for a flake but hides swirls really well versus straight black.

It's just the regular black. I've had a few people caution me against flake since it's next to impossible to repair.

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Outstanding colors, love it!!! Is that eclipse black metal flake?

Can I suggest adding a blue welt line to the interior (if that is an option)to make the interior pop more?

We had it setup like that and I like the idea, just didn't like the look in the configuration...the blue there looks much lighter, but I'm sure that's just an issue with the online builder.

Now the real question - blue or black trailer?

Black and Blue is a timeless combo...looks great!!

Thanks! Reminds me of a really cool watch, the Rolex 116710BLNR (aka the Batman)

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Also, here's the rest of the build. Suggestions welcome!

Autowake 2.0
Flow 2.0
G6 ballast
Surf Pipe
Water strainer/flush kit
OJ945 wake prop

Gatorstep everywhere
Sundeck nonskid walkthrough
Wetsounds bow speakers + sub/amp

Rev10s for tower
Bimini
Swivel racks

Depth finder
Boat cover (charcoal)
Dual batteries with charger

Spare tire
Swing away tongue
7-way round plug holder
Guide pole covers
Transom straps

larry_arizona
01-21-2019, 02:26 PM
I think you will regret the straight black. I have one area that is straight black and it shows the swirls with just normal washing and drying no matter how much care you take.

Just finishing polishing before using IGL marine ceramic coating.

I have the pacific blue trailer and it’s dead nuts the same as pacific blue gel coat on the boat.

The blue trailer doesn’t show water spots.

I did the pacific blue welt to bring the exterior color into the interior. It matches the exterior well.

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 02:27 PM
I think you will regret the straight black.

I have the pacific blue trailer and it’s dead nuts the same as pacific blue gel coat on the boat.

The blue trailer doesn’t show water spots.

I did the pacific blue welt to bring the exterior color into the interior. It matches the exterior well.

My thinking too. And it's a free option, so why not go for something other than black?

jason1973
01-21-2019, 02:45 PM
I have had and still own two black boats. I never had a problem really. I just wipe them down, but i would do that if my boat was white. My previous mastercraft wall all black with just some white on the back. Nothing looks better imo. My new boat is gun metal with black on the bottom. I wouldn't worry about black to be honest.

my bass boat is charcoal and black and i run that thing thru the wringer fishing. As long as you take care of your boat, its no problem. But anyone who buys a boat over 70k and doesn't take care of it is foreign to me.

larry_arizona
01-21-2019, 02:56 PM
I have had and still own two black boats. I never had a problem really. I just wipe them down, but i would do that if my boat was white. My previous mastercraft wall all black with just some white on the back. Nothing looks better imo. My new boat is gun metal with black on the bottom. I wouldn't worry about black to be honest.

my bass boat is charcoal and black and i run that thing thru the wringer fishing. As long as you take care of your boat, its no problem. But anyone who buys a boat over 70k and doesn't take care of it is foreign to me.

It’s possible I am overly anal about black and it not looking perfect. Just a byproduct of owning black cars and the time and effort keeping black like a mirror and 100% swirl free in direct sunlight.

Not an easy task and takes great care and effort.

Just a suggestion for the OP and having the Black flake on my boat has been a significant reduction in maintenance to date.

After the IGL coating it will even be less.

RC_Hinojosa
01-21-2019, 03:10 PM

Autowake 2.0
Flow 2.0
G6 ballast
Surf Pipe
Water strainer/flush kit
OJ945 wake prop

Gatorstep everywhere
Sundeck nonskid walkthrough
Wetsounds bow speakers + sub/amp

Rev10s for tower
Bimini
Swivel racks

Depth finder
Boat cover (charcoal)
Dual batteries with charger

Spare tire
Swing away tongue
7-way round plug holder
Guide pole covers
Transom strapsTransom Steps!!! You will regret not having them on your trailer.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

korey
01-21-2019, 03:17 PM
I'm surprised they'll sell any of these new boats without transom steps. It's a MUST HAVE.

Matt0520
01-21-2019, 03:47 PM
OK, you guys are good salespeople :) $370 steps/LED backup lights added

My 5'1 wife thanks you guys!

TXSurf4
01-21-2019, 04:30 PM

This can turn in to an expensive statement! ;)

RobertJ
01-22-2019, 02:08 AM
Engine compartment tray.

Matt0520
01-22-2019, 01:38 PM
This can turn in to an expensive statement! ;)

haha yeah! Paperwork is signed (woohoo) now on to other shopping. Picked up some boards at 60% off and looking at CGA life jackets and all that now. Fun stuff!

Engine compartment tray.

Thanks, I've heard you can just order that from Moomba...I'll give them a call.

Matt0520
01-22-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm surprised they'll sell any of these new boats without transom steps. It's a MUST HAVE.

Yeah there were a few things left over (heater, surf pipe, transom steps) that we couldn't decide on. Happy we went with everything but the heater. Can always add that later, and put the outlets in better spots.

parrothd
01-22-2019, 03:33 PM
Yeah there were a few things left over (heater, surf pipe, transom steps) that we couldn't decide on. Happy we went with everything but the heater. Can always add that later, and put the outlets in better spots.

Transom steps should be required, dam near kill myself every time getting in or out..

Prospersigman
01-22-2019, 05:02 PM
I can't remember if you can get the bow ladder with steps option on the Moomba trailers or not, but I find myself using the bow ladder more than I do the transom steps.

TXSurf4
01-22-2019, 05:15 PM
I can't remember if you can get the bow ladder with steps option on the Moomba trailers or not, but I find myself using the bow ladder more than I do the transom steps.

To my knowledge from the factory it is not an option but I have heard you can buy them aftermarket from boatmate that will work. That being said I haven't looked into as I am not looking to add one.

Matt0520
01-22-2019, 05:27 PM

That would be awesome but that is in the Supra world.

Definitely would look into adding aftermarket though.

larry_arizona
01-22-2019, 05:55 PM
Did you get the blue trailer?

Matt0520
01-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Did you get the blue trailer?

yep pacific blue trailer!

larry_arizona
01-22-2019, 09:47 PM
yep pacific blue trailer!

That will be a sweet looking rig.

Matt0520
01-23-2019, 12:23 PM
That will be a sweet looking rig.

I think so too, and our Yukon is black so will go nicely with the boat. Wife is worried it'll be too much/too blue...I'm trying to avoid switching to a black one!

korey
01-23-2019, 12:29 PM
I think so too, and our Yukon is black so will go nicely with the boat. Wife is worried it'll be too much/too blue...I'm trying to avoid switching to a black one!

In my opinion, it blends right in with the boat and stands out less than a black trailer.

Matt0520
01-23-2019, 12:35 PM

In my opinion, it blends right in with the boat and stands out less than a black trailer.

Love it! Is that captain or pacific blue?

korey
01-23-2019, 12:44 PM
That's Captain Blue, Dark Graphite, and Silver Metal Flake

larry_arizona
01-23-2019, 01:19 PM

I can send you a pic of my pacific blue and black flake SA on a pacific blue trailer later tonight if you want.

EDIT: Found some.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/87a90113ac118b5e6aedff55bc0a0af8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/479bc6e73e29e23d172b8d522ff746e5.jpg

Matt0520
01-23-2019, 02:03 PM
I can send you a pic of my pacific blue and black flake SA on a pacific blue trailer later tonight if you want.

EDIT: Found some.....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/87a90113ac118b5e6aedff55bc0a0af8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/479bc6e73e29e23d172b8d522ff746e5.jpg

Love it! Have any pics in the sun? I think it lightens up a bit in sun but not much

Prospersigman
01-23-2019, 02:03 PM
I vote black trailer...not that my opinion matters.

The trailer color has to match the color of the tow vehicle!!

Prospersigman
01-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Examples

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/d76480537154eb66fe75174ee3d273c0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/30ff7c320ea0bbaa3087a0016e0e42a7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/259f1a71d963d45f92c0e62a60ed1f71.jpg

larry_arizona
01-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Love it! Have any pics in the sun? I think it lightens up a bit in sun but not much

Not my boat but this one is a view in the sun, the pacific blue doesn’t change much and it pops on the water for sure.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/bcf425d47e6658fa3c65d0ef811ca8d2.jpg

Matt0520
01-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Not my boat but this one is a view in the sun, the pacific blue doesn’t change much and it pops on the water for sure.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190123/bcf425d47e6658fa3c65d0ef811ca8d2.jpg

yeah I was really happy about that - seems to just get brighter outside which I like

jason1973
01-24-2019, 09:29 AM
I vote black trailer...not that my opinion matters.

The trailer color has to match the color of the tow vehicle!!

couldn't agree more.

DFTR Josh
01-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Never too much blue. We ordered the duel colored trailer for this one.

TXSurf4
01-24-2019, 10:59 AM

Two Tone trailers always look so good!

Prospersigman
01-24-2019, 11:59 AM

Now if the Dodge pulling this was black it would look great...the non-matching blues between the truck and the trailer would drive my OCD crazy.

Matt0520
01-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Now if the Dodge pulling this was black it would look great...the non-matching blues between the truck and the trailer would drive my OCD crazy.

Didn’t think about that til you said something lol

Neighbor of mine just brought up an interesting point (he has a red boat and trailer)...colored trailers are easier to see in our murky water here in Ohio. He said it’s especially helpful when loading or unloading the boat in morning, at night, or when overcast.

Either way, I’m think we’ll stick with the colored trailer.

Prospersigman
01-24-2019, 05:29 PM
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink :D

It will look great either way, you could always do the two tone...black base with the blue fenders. It's only money and you can't take it with you.

larry_arizona
01-24-2019, 05:52 PM
You won’t be disappointed with all blue trailer.

Not too many colors will match the tow vehicle.

Black will match black, white will match white but most other colors will not match tow vehicle.

Reds, blues, greens will all likely be shades off.

Trailer matching boat is more critical to me.

DFTR Josh
01-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Didn’t think about that til you said something lol
Neighbor of mine just brought up an interesting point (he has a red boat and trailer)...colored trailers are easier to see in our murky water here in Ohio. He said it’s especially helpful when loading or unloading the boat in morning, at night, or when overcast.
Either way, I’m think we’ll stick with the colored trailer.
You won't be disappointed with the colored trailer, congratulations with the build.

Matt0520
01-25-2019, 11:12 AM
You won't be disappointed with the colored trailer, congratulations with the build.

Agree thanks. We’re psyched.

Plant visit in less than 2 weeks! Should be a cool experience.

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Agree thanks. We’re psyched.

Plant visit in less than 2 weeks! Should be a cool experience.

Man I am jealous!! Our boat goes into production the first week in February and we would love to visit the plant! You will have to see if you can spot it!
I think we are going to plan a trip for next year to visit some lakes in Tennessee (kind of a wake9 inspired trip) and stop by for a tour.

Matt0520
01-25-2019, 11:19 AM
Man I am jealous!! Our boat goes into production the first week in February and we would love to visit the plant! You will have to see if you can spot it!
I think we are going to plan a trip for next year to visit some lakes in Tennessee (kind of a wake9 inspired trip) and stop by for a tour.

Sure! Our spray date is 2/1 and I visit 2/5. I bet I could spot it. Send me your colors and all that!

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Sure! Our spray date is 2/1 and I visit 2/5. I bet I could spot it. Send me your colors and all that!

Thanks! That would be pretty cool if you spotted it! I'll have to contact my sales person to get the exact spray date. Here it is...

https://i.imgur.com/oMvoL9W.jpg

Matt0520
01-25-2019, 01:17 PM
Thanks! That would be pretty cool if you spotted it! I'll have to contact my sales person to get the exact spray date. Here it is...

https://i.imgur.com/oMvoL9W.jpg

Ok LMK. Always happy to hunt around for a Makai!

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 01:42 PM
Ok LMK. Always happy to hunt around for a Makai!

I just found out it sprays on the 5th so might not be much to see.

sandm
01-25-2019, 02:52 PM
(kind of a wake9 inspired trip)

if you ever get a chance to meet up with ragboy and surf with him, he is a great guy. opening up his house in cali for the polar bear each year shows his generosity and just a real down to earth dude.... and man can his kids surf..

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 03:23 PM
if you ever get a chance to meet up with ragboy and surf with him, he is a great guy. opening up his house in cali for the polar bear each year shows his generosity and just a real down to earth dude.... and man can his kids surf..

Ya that would be awesome!! He seems like a great guy! His videos of their cross country trips are really an inspiration to load the family up and head out on an adventure.

Matt0520
01-27-2019, 09:53 PM
Like this

Hey guys - revisiting this...does trexx get hot? It’s used minimally on my interior but still, not sure if it’ll get hot or not especially since ours is black [emoji2373]

clark
01-27-2019, 10:50 PM
You will love the Craz

DFTR Josh
01-28-2019, 10:50 AM
Hey guys - revisiting this...does trexx get hot? It’s used minimally on my interior but still, not sure if it’ll get hot or not especially since ours is black [emoji2373]
It does get pretty hot, nothing a towel can solve if you like the dark color.

Matt0520
01-28-2019, 10:58 AM
It does get pretty hot, nothing a towel can solve if you like the dark color.

lol that’s what I’m thinking, I was most worried about the seat boxing but that doesn’t see direct sunlight. Was debating on doing the black areas in pacific blue but I like the way the black breaks it up (between deck color and grey seats)

Matt0520
03-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Home stretch, went down to dealer to pay for this beauty yesterday. Waiting continues, we take delivery on 4/12! :cool:

They actually had it pulled up and are starting prep, just needs tower audio and batteries.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7917/46636895394_d540c04813_c.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7869/32417863007_f792479c83_c.jpg

larry_arizona
03-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Home stretch, went down to dealer to pay for this beauty yesterday.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7917/46636895394_d540c04813_c.jpg
]

Nice!!!! What’s her name? Did you get to take her out for a test drive yet??

I am going to hell aren’t I??? Ugh

Matt0520
03-13-2019, 01:45 PM
Nice!!!! What’s her name? Did you get to take her out for a test drive yet??

I am going to hell aren’t I??? Ugh

Hahahahaha I want to say so many things...but I’d get banned

See you there brother. I hear it’s warm there this time of year :)

Matt0520
04-13-2019, 09:01 AM
Well we got her on Tuesday and had our maiden voyage Thursday, way beyond our expectations, we love it. Our first boat so there is definitely a learning curve, we have ~6 hours left of break-in to sort out how to drive lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190413/d44bf856808685ca9e1b40c803f8fa38.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190413/d47412bca8a9b2ce01de3004cd28a510.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190413/8a692265dfa3036c93c1b2f146942400.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190413/a19edfd71a0f89b9a5a175e142cfddfc.jpg

haknslash
04-13-2019, 09:43 AM
Awesome man!! Boat looks great and I hope y'all have a blast on your new baby. I can't wait until my delivery gets here! It has seemed like AGES waiting. They start the build next Wednesday!!

rdlangston13
04-13-2019, 10:22 AM
Looks awesome! I think your interior color combos came out great, hope you're ready for a fun summer.

RC_Hinojosa
04-13-2019, 10:34 AM
Our first boat so there is definitely a learning curve, we have ~6 hours left of break-in to sort out

We've all been there at some point with our first Vdrive. Take your time, don't be in a hurry and I'm sure you've heard it....don't approach the dock any faster than you are willing to hit it.

Use some of that remaining break-in to work on low speed maneuvers. Use a life jacket out in open water and practice your approach, reverse, etc.

The jitters will go away and then it's time to have fun!

Have a good weekend!

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
04-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Matt,

Boat is looking good, blue black looks great!!!!

Blue interior accents and trailer were wise choices.

As stated just previous , V drives take practice.

Slower the better approaching the dock.

Personally I prefer to approach the left side of a dock at about 10-15 deg slowly and hit reverse to stop and pull ass end in.

Matt0520
04-13-2019, 07:39 PM
Thanks all!

Getting better today as far as driving goes. Also put in at a real steep ramp and still got it on the trailer no problem.

Sitting at 7 hours. Almost done w break in!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190413/de277495aaeddf22779f3f42717ff718.jpg

TXSurf4
04-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Color came out great!! Congrats!

haknslash
04-13-2019, 09:16 PM
We need a like button on this forum!

What dock lines are those? They look similar to the bungee ones I use but much thicker and nicer looking. How you liking the buoy balls?

Matt0520
04-13-2019, 09:35 PM
Color came out great!! Congrats!

Appreciate it! We’re thrilled

We need a like button on this forum!

What dock lines are those? They look similar to the bungee ones I use but much thicker and nicer looking. How you liking the buoy balls?

Here they are, they’re great when the dock clears are in the right spots
Extreme Max 3006.2735 BoatTector Bungee Dock Line Value 2-Pack-4', Blue/White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N9JZBF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZZOSCb995G1P3

They’re awesome! I got the Exile ones. Take a minute to blow up manually, and plenty big enough for good protection. I got them on a BOGO deal so it was a no brainer. $25 for both or something like that.