PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Moomba Makai

Pages : [1] 2

TXSurf4
12-20-2018, 06:51 PM
So I put down my deposit for the February spray date and finally ironed out all of the details in spec'ing this beast..
Big thanks to the guys @ Rinker's Marine here in Houston, they have been awesome to work with!! Top not crew over there!
I will post any info I get as well as pictures and that fun stuff here for those that care to follow along. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Here she is.....

https://i.imgur.com/9OOlwqA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8Uejhs4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ApdUpsw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DOqSUqv.jpg

RC_Hinojosa
12-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Continuing from the other thread, I'm running 20% ceramic. It looks awesome on the outside and visibility is great from inside. I'm normally on the bolster looking over the windshield but I can see perfectly with shades on when seated. I don't really boat at night so I could have gone 5% but if night boating is a regular thing for you go with 20%.

The next level lighter is 35% but that's not really worth the LOE for the amount of reflectance/refraction you get.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

RC_Hinojosa
12-20-2018, 07:42 PM
So I put down my deposit for the February spray date and finally ironed out all of the details in spec'ing this beast..
Big thanks to the guys @ Rinker's Marine here in Houston, they have been awesome to work with!! Top not crew over there!
I will post any info I get as well as pictures and that fun stuff here for those that care to follow along. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Love that Raspberry Flake over Black!! It's gonna look sick once that sunlight hits the flake!

You're gonna have to take me out sometime next year on that beast...I'll bring an extra 500lbs of lead [emoji1690][emoji305]

Well done Sir [emoji41]

TXSurf4
12-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Continuing from the other thread, I'm running 20% ceramic. It looks awesome on the outside and visibility is great from inside. I'm normally on the bolster looking over the windshield but I can see perfectly with shades on when seated. I don't really boat at night so I could have gone 5% but if night boating is a regular thing for you go with 20%.

The next level lighter is 35% but that's not really worth the LOE for the amount of reflectance/refraction you get.

Good to know on the 20% it looks awesome!!!

Love that Raspberry Flake over Black!! It's gonna look sick once that sunlight hits the flake!

You're gonna have to take me out sometime next year on that beast...I'll bring an extra 500lbs of lead [emoji1690][emoji305]

Well done Sir [emoji41]

Thanks!! Ya Rinker’s has a Craz that has the Raspberry metal flake and the Raspberry interior accent so I was able to see it on a boat before I spec’d it and even just under the lights on the showroom floor it looked awesome! I can’t wait to see it in the sun!

Ya we can definitely find a day this summer and get out on the water! Extra lead is always welcome! Where do you typically run your boat?

RC_Hinojosa
12-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Ya we can definitely find a day this summer and get out on the water! Extra lead is always welcome! Where do you typically run your boat?

Lake Houston from Duessen Park or Somerville Lake from Rocky Creek or Yegua Park.

TXSurf4
12-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Lake Houston from Duessen Park or Somerville Lake from Rocky Creek or Yegua Park.

I grew up going to Somerville so I am familiar there but I hadn’t been to Lake Houston until the other weekend when I demoed the boat. It seems like a nice lake. Does it get busy?

RC_Hinojosa
12-21-2018, 05:34 PM
I grew up going to Somerville so I am familiar there but I hadn’t been to Lake Houston until the other weekend when I demoed the boat. It seems like a nice lake. Does it get busy?It depends on the weekend, most of the time it's not too bad and if you get out on the water in the morning, you can usually get several sets on glass. It's nice and deep in the cove by the dam across from Duessen.

tarheelskier
12-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Gonna be a beautiful boat, Congrats! Here's some great pics from Southtown Watersports of a similar Makai. Doesn't have your red accents on the interior (which looks awesome) but everything else is pretty close.

https://www.southtownwatersports.com/raleigh/product/moomba-makai-2019-inventory-3148/

TXSurf4
12-23-2018, 01:22 AM
It depends on the weekend, most of the time it's not too bad and if you get out on the water in the morning, you can usually get several sets on glass. It's nice and deep in the cove by the dam across from Duessen.

Good to know. The day we demoed the boat was after all the rain so the water was muddied and it was blowing 12 mph so no one was out there lol.

TXSurf4
12-23-2018, 01:26 AM
Gonna be a beautiful boat, Congrats! Here's some great pics from Southtown Watersports of a similar Makai. Doesn't have your red accents on the interior (which looks awesome) but everything else is pretty close.

https://www.southtownwatersports.com/raleigh/product/moomba-makai-2019-inventory-3148/

Thanks my family and I are really excited about it!! That boat looks soo good! I can’t wait to see how the Raspberry interior accents are going to look. I think it is all going to come together really well!

The_Robo_Fighter
12-23-2018, 08:44 AM
I just bought a Makai with the same exterior colors but a gray interior. I pick it up on the 7th. I’ll post pictures ASAP.

The_Robo_Fighter
12-23-2018, 10:00 AM
I just bought a Makai with the same exterior colors but a gray interior. I pick it up on the 7th. I’ll post pictures ASAP.

TXSurf4
12-23-2018, 11:34 PM

Congrats on your new boat!! Is that dark graphite on you gel accent color? Did you go 400 or 450?

rdlangston13
12-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Congrats on the new boat. Jim is the best there is to work with. We will look for yah out on Somerville (Lake Houston sucks). Have you ever been up to the Trinity River in Riverside? When the conditions are right, that place cannot be beat!

TXSurf4
12-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the new boat. Jim is the best there is to work with. We will look for yah out on Somerville (Lake Houston sucks). Have you ever been up to the Trinity River in Riverside? When the conditions are right, that place cannot be beat!

Thanks, we are really excited!! The whole crew over at Rinker’s, Jim, Amy & Chris, have all been great! We will definitely keep an eye out for you on Sommerville! I have never been on th trinity before so that might be something we have to give a try. From the looks of your signature I might have to get some sound system advice from you. I feel like I might be underwhelmed by the 12” sub set up the boat is coming with. I don’t know much about speakers and it might have not been “tuned” in the demo boat yet but the open air 12” sub didn’t seem to hit like a 12 should have or atleast not like I expected. I could be completely wrong about it though.

Broke Pilot
12-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Congrats on the beautiful new toy... if I go for a new SA in a year or so, I hope they keep that color scheme available. I love it!
Yea, if you’re looking for a great sounding stereo, you’re never gonna be impressed by the stock single 12. Tuning will only get you so far.
But if you’re down to turn some wrenches, my shop is always available to anyone who wants work! I have some good connections up here and we can get anything you want to put in it. After being in a makai for a day, that dog house is just begging for a W7 12!! Lol

RC_Hinojosa
12-24-2018, 01:16 PM
Congrats on the beautiful new toy... if I go for a new SA in a year or so, I hope they keep that color scheme available. I love it!
Yea, if you’re looking for a great sounding stereo, you’re never gonna be impressed by the stock single 12. Tuning will only get you so far.
But if you’re down to turn some wrenches, my shop is always available to anyone who wants work! I have some good connections up here and we can get anything you want to put in it. After being in a makai for a day, that dog house is just begging for a W7 12!! LolJL W7 is a beast no doubt but my next setup is gonna have the new big dog WS REVO15 XXX.

dakota4ce
12-24-2018, 01:29 PM
I had to bump the gain up on mine to get anything remotely adequate. I’m OK with it now. But it’s not gonna loosen any fillings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
12-24-2018, 02:08 PM
Thanks, we are really excited!! The whole crew over at Rinker’s, Jim, Amy & Chris, have all been great! We will definitely keep an eye out for you on Sommerville! I have never been on th trinity before so that might be something we have to give a try. From the looks of your signature I might have to get some sound system advice from you. I feel like I might be underwhelmed by the 12” sub set up the boat is coming with. I don’t know much about speakers and it might have not been “tuned” in the demo boat yet but the open air 12” sub didn’t seem to hit like a 12 should have or atleast not like I expected. I could be completely wrong about it though.

RC has a much better sub setup than I. I am just running a WS XS12 in a home made ported box. RC took his over to extreme offroad in Katy and they put in a WS Revo12 xxxx with a custom box complete with plexiglass, LED lighting, and a moomba logo. Makes mine look and sound a little pathetic. That being said, the XS12 in a ported box seems to provide good enough bass for me.

TXSurf4
12-24-2018, 02:45 PM
RC has a much better sub setup than I. I am just running a WS XS12 in a home made ported box. RC took his over to extreme offroad in Katy and they put in a WS Revo12 xxxx with a custom box complete with plexiglass, LED lighting, and a moomba logo. Makes mine look and sound a little pathetic. That being said, the XS12 in a ported box seems to provide good enough bass for me.

Now that you say it I remember his setup on his thread for his boat it is sick!!! I’ll have to see if he has any thoughts. Unfortunately the Makai doesn’t have the cubby are under the consol like the Mojo or the Craz. It’s consol is more like the Max where it is open to the left side. I think there is a recent thread that I need to look into about enclosing these on a Max. I am sure it can be done similarly on the Makai. I’ll have to ask how much of a difference it makes.

TXSurf4
12-24-2018, 02:58 PM
But if you’re down to turn some wrenches, my shop is always available to anyone who wants work! I have some good connections up here and we can get anything you want to put in it. After being in a makai for a day, that dog house is just begging for a W7 12!! Lol

Thanks! Ya when I heard they were going to have these colors a available I was pumped!! Did you sell yours yet? I might have to take you up on that offer!! I am always down to turn some wrenches and do some mods. Ya I agree a W7 12” would fit nicely in there! I will just have to see how it ends up sounding after a few trips.

TXSurf4
12-24-2018, 02:59 PM
JL W7 is a beast no doubt but my next setup is gonna have the new big dog WS REVO15 XXX.

Man a 15 would be killer!!!

TXSurf4
12-24-2018, 03:02 PM
I had to bump the gain up on mine to get anything remotely adequate. I’m OK with it now. But it’s not gonna loosen any fillings!

With that being the case then I might be okay with the factory. I love loosening fittings as much as the next guy but I might have to keep it a little on the tame side for now for the family.

The_Robo_Fighter
12-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Congrats on your new boat!! Is that dark graphite on you gel accent color? Did you go 400 or 450?

Yes graphite and the 450. Got a heater for the wife!

TXSurf4
12-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Yes graphite and the 450. Got a heater for the wife!

Looks great!! I am excited to see how the 450 performs!

Broke Pilot
12-24-2018, 06:50 PM
I guess I need to hear one of these wet sounds subs... just looking at them I don’t see anything too special about them, but seems like everyone loves them. I just can’t handle that price tag! Lol
If you want all out, I’m sure i could fit a Q class L7 15” in a Makai!
I never sold mine, we’re gonna keep it for the time being. Screw the kids, I like surfing too much. Lol
I’m hearing some rumors about the ‘20 SA from the Rinkers guys, and it’s making me itchy... they’re way to good at selling boats lol

larry_arizona
12-24-2018, 08:30 PM
20SA should be an all new boat, it’s the next in line for a refresh.

Broke Pilot
12-24-2018, 09:35 PM
That’s what I’m told... wish I could share some bits and pieces of what I’ve heard. It’s nice having trips to Tennessee ever now and then! Lol

TXSurf4
12-25-2018, 01:18 AM
I guess I need to hear one of these wet sounds subs... just looking at them I don’t see anything too special about them, but seems like everyone loves them. I just can’t handle that price tag! Lol
If you want all out, I’m sure i could fit a Q class L7 15” in a Makai!
I never sold mine, we’re gonna keep it for the time being. Screw the kids, I like surfing too much. Lol
I’m hearing some rumors about the ‘20 SA from the Rinkers guys, and it’s making me itchy... they’re way to good at selling boats lol

Ya a 15 would be awesome! Not sure how much room there is to mount on the wall.....hmmm

Glad to hear you still have it. It is a great looking boat!! Do you run out on Conroe?

I am sure whatever Supra has in the pipeline for the SA will be sweet!!

rdlangston13
12-25-2018, 05:19 PM
Ya a 15 would be awesome! Not sure how much room there is to mount on the wall.....hmmm

Glad to hear you still have it. It is a great looking boat!! Do you run out on Conroe?

I am sure whatever Supra has in the pipeline for the SA will be sweet!!

Taylor and Chris and Will from Rinkers are like the kinds of Conroe...

Broke Pilot
12-25-2018, 05:47 PM
Yessir, Conroe and the trinity. And we’ve done one group trip to Somerville, with plans to return. I hadn’t been out there since college. It’s just not convenient from Conroe. Towing down 105 sucks... lol
And yea, the rinkers guys have become extended family, my wife went to school with Will and Dustin. I do all the work on their vehicles now, and we just sit in the shop and drink beers every now and then to hang out since it’s not surfing weather.
When it is, all of y’all are more than welcome to come hang out on a Monday for the Bro Surf Tour (it was Pro, but who are we kidding?!? Lmao)
No wives or kids, just all day surfing...

TXSurf4
12-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Yessir, Conroe and the trinity. And we’ve done one group trip to Somerville, with plans to return. I hadn’t been out there since college. It’s just not convenient from Conroe. Towing down 105 sucks... lol
And yea, the rinkers guys have become extended family, my wife went to school with Will and Dustin. I do all the work on their vehicles now, and we just sit in the shop and drink beers every now and then to hang out since it’s not surfing weather.
When it is, all of y’all are more than welcome to come hang out on a Monday for the Bro Surf Tour (it was Pro, but who are we kidding?!? Lmao)
No wives or kids, just all day surfing...

I gotcha. Ya from Conroe, Sommerville can make for a long day. The Bro Surf Tour sounds pretty awesome! I might have to take you up on one of those mondays!

TXSurf4
12-26-2018, 10:01 PM
I am working on a list of items that I need to buy for the boat and I know I need some fenders for fueling at the marina and getting lunch. I have been looking at the Mission Sentry Boat Fenders but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them and if not what y’all have that works well?

I am also wanting to get a Box Anchor and it seems the “small” is what is recommended any thoughts on these or what you guys are using. TIA

RC_Hinojosa
12-26-2018, 10:13 PM
I am working on a list of items that I need to buy for the boat and I know I need some fenders for fueling at the marina and getting lunch. I have been looking at the Mission Sentry Boat Fenders but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them and if not what y’all have that works well?

I am also wanting to get a Box Anchor and it seems the “small” is what is recommended any thoughts on these or what you guys are using. TIA

The mission sentry fenders look pretty sweet but I personally rock the Exile bouy balls. The fact that they deflate and take up near zero space is major.

I believe small box anchors are good for use up to 27' vessels. I use one on my Craz with an Anchor Buddy bungee pretty effectively. Also, it's folding form factor is nice.

dakota4ce
12-26-2018, 10:34 PM
I love the mission fenders. Pretty solid invention.

rdlangston13
12-27-2018, 09:04 AM
I too rock the small box anchor on my Mojo and it holds like a champ. Way better than anything else I have used.

larry_arizona
12-27-2018, 09:23 AM
+1 on small box and mission fenders.

I plan to add a slide anchor shore spike this season.

Broke Pilot
12-27-2018, 10:50 AM
^^ what he said... I’ve been putting off buying the spike cus usually everyone else has one I can tie on to. lol but those few times those guys aren’t there it’s tough to keep from swinging. Wake boats don’t act like most in the wind with towers and Bimini tops.
The box anchor is pretty much all that works on our sandy mud bottom lakes and rivers.

larry_arizona
12-27-2018, 11:16 AM
^^ what he said... I’ve been putting off buying the spike cus usually everyone else has one I can tie on to. lol but those few times those guys aren’t there it’s tough to keep from swinging. Wake boats don’t act like most in the wind with towers and Bimini tops.
The box anchor is pretty much all that works on our sandy mud bottom lakes and rivers.

You are so right, the tower and big Bimini act like a sail boat. The lakes I frequent are fairly quiet, but a couple times last year with shifting winds, I had the boat damn near do a 360 while anchored.

Thinking a small shore spike is all I need combined with the box anchor.

BTW, the small box anchor is very impressive.

TXSurf4
12-27-2018, 11:23 AM
Good to know fellas, I really appreciate yalls input! Thanks!

I am definitely going to get a small box anchor and the mission sentry fenders. I might also get a few of the exile buoy balls to leave deflated in the boat for the times we tie up to friends boats in the cove.

Broke Pilot
12-27-2018, 12:30 PM
My buddy got his shore spike off amazon super cheap, it’s the hammer style. I’m gonna order one now... lol

larry_arizona
12-27-2018, 01:10 PM
My buddy got his shore spike off amazon super cheap, it’s the hammer style. I’m gonna order one now... lol

Link?

Broke Pilot
12-28-2018, 04:26 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Slide-Anchor-Off-Shore-Spike/dp/B004RDOO1C?th=1&psc=1

larry_arizona
12-28-2018, 10:10 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Slide-Anchor-Off-Shore-Spike/dp/B004RDOO1C?th=1&psc=1

Thank you sir

TXSurf4
12-29-2018, 03:39 PM
So I know there is already a thread running about surfboards but I have a little different view that I need some input on and I figured I would ask you guys.....so if I was going to buy 2 boards to have on this boat for friends and guests (complete beginners like myself) what should they be?

I figured 2 boards because some people like my wife and other family members are much lighter (100-150) than me and my buddies and some people are in the 150-200lb range. Are those good ranges to try to cover or am I over thinking it? Or do they need to be even more tailored?

Full disclosure I think I already have good boards for us big boys (200#+). A 2018 Phase 5 Kong 63” and a really cool wood board I actually recently won in an IG give away that is a Surf style 66” board.

As always I appreciate y’all’s input! TIA

KnoxMojo
12-29-2018, 07:14 PM
I would take a look at the Inland Surfer Black Pearl. It is a thruster style board, comes in 1 size. We have it, our 100 pounders can ride it as well as guys up to 220 or so. A lot has to do with wave, then board. If your wave is on point, a board like this is perfect for most everyone. It can be rode surf or skim style.

TXSurf4
12-29-2018, 10:11 PM
I would take a look at the Inland Surfer Black Pearl. It is a thruster style board, comes in 1 size. We have it, our 100 pounders can ride it as well as guys up to 220 or so. A lot has to do with wave, then board. If your wave is on point, a board like this is perfect for most everyone. It can be rode surf or skim style.

Good to know! I hadn’t looked at Inland yet. I will definitely give it a look! Thanks.

dakota4ce
12-29-2018, 10:12 PM
There are a million answers to this. I would say this, multiple boards is a good idea, but maybe toss a budget out there.

A good hybrid shape will please most people. Kind of a surf shape with hard skim rails. But with all the decent choices out there, tell the forum what you wanna spend.

TXSurf4
12-29-2018, 10:21 PM
There are a million answers to this. I would say this, multiple boards is a good idea, but maybe toss a budget out there.

A good hybrid shape will please most people. Kind of a surf shape with hard skim rails. But with all the decent choices out there, tell the forum what you wanna spend.

Good point dakota4ce! I would like to stay around $600 per board. I am not opposed to going up a little bit if it is worth it. I have been looking at the Hyperlite Shim for one of them but really wanted to hear everyone opinions and favorites. I understand that everyone has their preferences and that is really what I want to hear.

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 12:04 AM
https://www.evo.com/wakesurf-boards/doomswell-nubstep-board-2018?image=132053/550878/doomswell-nubstep-wakesurf-board-2018-merica.jpg&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=GSC_Watersports&pt_adgroup=PLA_Watersports&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvK20z9XG3wIVDJFpCh3G6AF7EAQYAiAB EgJ40PD_BwE

That’s a good deal for an excellent all around hybrid board.

4-8 will cover your bigger range, and you will be riding it once your skills sharpen and your wave is dialed. You’re 230#, right?

TXSurf4
12-30-2018, 12:25 AM
https://www.evo.com/wakesurf-boards/doomswell-nubstep-board-2018?image=132053/550878/doomswell-nubstep-wakesurf-board-2018-merica.jpg&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=GSC_Watersports&pt_adgroup=PLA_Watersports&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvK20z9XG3wIVDJFpCh3G6AF7EAQYAiAB EgJ40PD_BwE

That’s a good deal for an excellent all around hybrid board.

4-8 will cover your bigger range, and you will be riding it once your skills sharpen and your wave is dialed. You’re 230#, right?

That looks like a great deal!! Ya I am 225-230#.

So the 4’ 8” will cover my 150-200# beginners?

KnoxMojo
12-30-2018, 01:11 AM

The Doomswell is a great brand and the Nubstep is an awesome board. Only thing I will say about them is that the Nubstep, like my Drone, is super floaty. That means that some beginners will have problems sinking the board under foot to get up. But you can never go wrong with Doomswell, it and our Black Pearl are the favorite boards on the boat.

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 01:51 AM
Any true surf style board will be much more floaty than a skim style construction. Very true.

I personally have taught everyone under the sun on surf style boards. Namely a few different Lakewakes models over the years. Usually the floaty-related difficulties are overcome with instruction. I have had a few folks never get it. I managed to get a couple over it by tossing a cruddy liquid force fish to them. Those are very inexpensive typically and aren’t very floaty. Good for teaching the art of getting up. Kinda useless after that.

Once someone is competent in getting up, the Nubstep will offer a wonderful ride with the ability to advance.

Only skimmer I have had to resort to is the Phase 5 Scamp for kids, for the reason Knox mentions. They can easily sink it. My 80# 10 year old girl can sink and ride my 4-8 Chaos Sixer as an example of technique, however.

Of the approx 50 newbies I have had, only a couple failed altogether. It’s a short and distinctive list. [emoji1787]

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 01:54 AM

Yes. 99% of them. And you will ditch that Kong very soon and ride the Nub.

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 01:56 AM
For the smaller folks, I have a 52” Lakewakes Bean I use. It’s good up to 150 or so. I put all three fins in and they learn like bosses.

TXSurf4
12-30-2018, 12:07 PM
For the smaller folks, I have a 52” Lakewakes Bean I use. It’s good up to 150 or so. I put all three fins in and they learn like bosses.

Good to know on all of the above fellas! I am really appreciating everyone’s input as it is opening my eyes to boards I hadn’t even looked at yet, so thanks for that!!

I looked for the Lakewakes Bean last night and I wasn’t able to find it on their site. Do they still make it? I did however find some videos of someone riding it on the google search. Was that the 52”?

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 12:46 PM
He makes boards one at a time. And sometimes he does it in a bit of a part-time manner. I’ll think about this maybe come up with an alternative that is similar.

RC_Hinojosa
12-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Good to know on all of the above fellas! I am really appreciating everyone’s input as it is opening my eyes to boards I hadn’t even looked at yet, so thanks for that!!

I looked for the Lakewakes Bean last night and I wasn’t able to find it on their site. Do they still make it? I did however find some videos of someone riding it on the google search. Was that the 52”?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMight wanna take a look at the Chaos Sixer and if you really wanna rep, they have a badass Texas Edition with the flag over bamboo. I plan on snagging a Ringer XL TE in the spring once my wife stops looking at the CC statements, [emoji16]

https://chaossurfco.com

TXSurf4
12-30-2018, 02:34 PM
He makes boards one at a time. And sometimes he does it in a bit of a part-time manner. I’ll think about this maybe come up with an alternative that is similar.

I gotcha. That works

Broke Pilot
12-30-2018, 02:57 PM
Talk to the guys at Rinkers and have them grab you a couple of the Conelly Voodoo boards. A 4’8” and a 4’10”. Those will cover your weights as you can probly get both for less than $700. They’re amazing all around boards. I haven’t touched my doomswell skim in a while lol.
Then you’d have $500 to buy a skim or hybrid board for yourself or whoever is most going to use it. That’s be my .02... if a lot of you are new to surfing and setting up a wave, get a true surf board to start. It’ll make the whole process more enjoyable for everyone when they’re not struggling with a board that won’t push or wants to spin or wants to buck you off learning to pump.

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 04:09 PM
With all due respect to Broke Pilot, I would not recommend a 4-8 and 4-10. They’re essentially the same thing in a practical sense. Perhaps one or the other.

I have not ridden a Connely Voodoo, so I cannot comment on that. I have heard him speak well of it.

TXSurf4
12-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Might wanna take a look at the Chaos Sixer and if you really wanna rep, they have a badass Texas Edition with the flag over bamboo. I plan on snagging a Ringer XL TE in the spring once my wife stops looking at the CC statements, [emoji16]

https://chaossurfco.com

That board is sick!! It would look great in the board rack going down the lake too!!

TXSurf4
12-30-2018, 04:16 PM
Talk to the guys at Rinkers and have them grab you a couple of the Conelly Voodoo boards. A 4’8” and a 4’10”. Those will cover your weights as you can probly get both for less than $700. They’re amazing all around boards. I haven’t touched my doomswell skim in a while lol.
Then you’d have $500 to buy a skim or hybrid board for yourself or whoever is most going to use it. That’s be my .02... if a lot of you are new to surfing and setting up a wave, get a true surf board to start. It’ll make the whole process more enjoyable for everyone when they’re not struggling with a board that won’t push or wants to spin or wants to buck you off learning to pump.

Do you know what brands they carry? Any time I was in there I was just looking at and talking boats. I never really looked at the shop. All I have seen is a spread sheet from them of their Phase 5 inventory. I must say Phase 5 seems to make some nice boards! I am just not going to to buy 1600-2400 worth of boards for everyone else to learn on. We will leave that for when the family gets better and for Birthdays.

What are the things you like about the Voodoo? Any things you don’t?

TXSurf4
12-30-2018, 04:33 PM
With all due respect to Broke Pilot, I would not recommend a 4-8 and 4-10. They’re essentially the same thing in a practical sense. Perhaps one or the other.

I have not ridden a Connely Voodoo, so I cannot comment on that. I have heard him speak well of it.

Understood. The 4’5” might be a good board for my 100-150 riders.

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 05:00 PM
Understood. The 4’5” might be a good board for my 100-150 riders.

Yes. That would be appropriate.

The $450 Nub is a pretty good discount for a typically higher priced board.

TXSurf4
12-30-2018, 05:05 PM
Yes. That would be appropriate.

The $450 Nub is a pretty good discount for a typically higher priced board.

Ya I am seriously considering the 4’8” for my 150-200# riders as well as something I can work into as well!!

dakota4ce
12-30-2018, 06:16 PM
You’ll be on it in no time! I can sneak a 4-6 in when the wave is dealing. At 226# plus or minus 3.

Broke Pilot
12-30-2018, 11:24 PM
I have the 4-10 after riding Will’s wife’s 4-8. At 230 I can ride the 8”, but it’s sinking a bit. 2” makes a huge difference. (Insert joke here).
So far I have found nothing I dislike other than it’s tough to spin, but it’s a surf board, not what it’s for. The whole Rinkers crew has one now. It’s a rocket ship and it will launch. You can spin it if you time it right, but it’s so stable my newby wife can hop on and ride all day. Before we ran outta season I was working on air 180’s with it. The edges are razor sharp and you can rip it. I’ve necer seen grown ass men huffing for air so hard after riding it lol

As far as their store, I know they have Conelly, they lost Doomswell to SMG, but picked up Phase5. Chris and will are both really good with the board sales up there. Tell them Taylor sent ya... you’ll get charged at least double. Lmao

Broke Pilot
12-30-2018, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=dakota4ce;335057]With all due respect to Broke Pilot, I would not recommend a 4-8 and 4-10. They’re essentially the same thing in a practical sense. Perhaps one or the other.

Thank you for that, but trust me, the 4-8 won’t comfortablyhold over 200 pounds. When I rode it, I had to work my butt off.
However, if you just picked up a 4-10, everyone could* ride it. But lighter people are gonna be riding the brakes all day. That’s the only downside for it from my wife. It’s so freaking fast.

You should come surf with us sometime if you ever make it to Texas! Monday’s are the sh** lol

TXSurf4
12-31-2018, 12:26 AM
I have the 4-10 after riding Will’s wife’s 4-8. At 230 I can ride the 8”, but it’s sinking a bit. 2” makes a huge difference. (Insert joke here).
So far I have found nothing I dislike other than it’s tough to spin, but it’s a surf board, not what it’s for. The whole Rinkers crew has one now. It’s a rocket ship and it will launch. You can spin it if you time it right, but it’s so stable my newby wife can hop on and ride all day. Before we ran outta season I was working on air 180’s with it. The edges are razor sharp and you can rip it. I’ve necer seen grown ass men huffing for air so hard after riding it lol

As far as their store, I know they have Conelly, they lost Doomswell to SMG, but picked up Phase5. Chris and will are both really good with the board sales up there. Tell them Taylor sent ya... you’ll get charged at least double. Lmao

I’ll be sure to tell them you sent me! LOL Good to know they can get these.

I have been looking online and I don’t think they make a 4’8” any more. They have 4’5”, 4’10” & 5’1”.

I am looking at possibly getting the 4’5” for the wife and other family members.

If I get a chance I might have to catch y’all on a Monday Session and try out your 4’10”.

dakota4ce
12-31-2018, 12:41 AM
Okay: here’s my take home point; to lay all the cards out. Regarding VooDoo: A 4-8 is MASSIVE for a person under 150#. I am 225+ and ride a 4-8 surf style (Chaos Sixer). Often I hop onto my pal’s 4-6 Sixer or blunt DaHonu just for fun. But 4-8 is my size more than 4-6. I am a 6’3” 225# good sized dude on a very nice wave.

Point being this for surf style sticks: If you’re buying a good, light, well shaped board, you won’t need one so big to ride easily. Needing a big board is a testament to something. It’s either a weak wave, or an inefficient board for some reason. And -typically- speaking, a shorter board is going to be more fun (provided it’s carrying you properly). You’ll be able to slash, hop, air, spin, whatever more easily the shorter a board is. Again, all wave dependent too.

So I am sure a 4-8 Voodoo is very fast for a normal sized lady....it certainly should be! That’s a huge board. I put 150# and down newbies onto a board a -lot- smaller than that. It’s not a skim either, it’s a glass over foam, very light Lakewakes surf style Bean.

I am not trying to be a jerk. I am sorry about that if it seems so. I guess I just want to pass on what I have learned in 6 years and -no sh%t- at least 25 boards.

dakota4ce
12-31-2018, 12:45 AM
I am sure a Voodoo will be great if you go that way!

For $450 I would buy that Nub in 17 seconds. Personally.

TXSurf4
12-31-2018, 01:14 AM
I am sure a Voodoo will be great if you go that way!

For $450 I would buy that Nub in 17 seconds. Personally.

It took me a little longer than 17 seconds but I pulled the trigger on the 4’8” Nub earlier today. I got it in the Merica color scheme even though I did find it on Doomswell website in “Yellow Ice” for $50 more which was tempting as it is a cool color scheme but I couldn’t pass up the ole red, white, blue!!

I am still trying to find a good board for my 150# and less crowd so keep the thoughts and suggestions coming. I really do appreciate everyone’s input and experience on the subject as I know I have a lot to learn and there are a lot of variables when it comes to this.

KnoxMojo
12-31-2018, 01:40 AM
I would really look for a Black Pearl, new or used, to go with that Nubstep. You'll have 2 really solid and nice boards that your crew won't outgrow any time soon.

rdlangston13
12-31-2018, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=dakota4ce;335057]

You should come surf with us sometime if you ever make it to Texas! Monday’s are the sh** lol

We may have to venture out on conroe on a monday or two this summer. My dad lives on the water in Walden so we can just crash there and be out on the water bright and early.

RC_Hinojosa
12-31-2018, 09:47 AM
We may have to venture out on conroe on a monday or two this summer. My dad lives on the water in Walden so we can just crash there and be out on the water bright and early.

I'm game too, I can flex my schedule and take a Monday no biggie. Is it Spring yet?!? I'm getting the itch pretty bad....meanwhile in H-town, 45 degrees and rain :cry:

dakota4ce
12-31-2018, 10:19 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181231/035567eee54850f484f7df16815408d1.jpg

I happened to be at the cabin yesterday. Here are the Lakewakes I use for 150 pounds and down. Both 48 inches long. Not sure why I thought 4-4....they’re 4-0.

Broke Pilot
12-31-2018, 10:42 AM
I hate to say it, but we gotta lay off the surf talk for a while... this itch is getting bad. And I’m not a wet suit guy. Lol
And heck yea, anytime y’all are around you’re more than welcome to come play on the SA. I’ll never turn down more wave!

dakota4ce
12-31-2018, 12:07 PM
If I only had the chance....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181231/e2569448cb6fb0bdc9654293404fff42.jpg

Broke Pilot
12-31-2018, 12:15 PM
Dude... not helping! Lol

TXSurf4
12-31-2018, 05:03 PM
I would really look for a Black Pearl, new or used, to go with that Nubstep. You'll have 2 really solid and nice boards that your crew won't outgrow any time soon.

I am definitely looking in to the Black Pearl.

[QUOTE=Broke Pilot;335078]

I'm game too, I can flex my schedule and take a Monday no biggie. Is it Spring yet?!? I'm getting the itch pretty bad....meanwhile in H-town, 45 degrees and rain :cry:

I hate to say it, but we gotta lay off the surf talk for a while... this itch is getting bad. And I’m not a wet suit guy. Lol
And heck yea, anytime y’all are around you’re more than welcome to come play on the SA. I’ll never turn down more wave!

This all sounds great!! It needs to warm up quick!!

rdlangston13
01-01-2019, 04:13 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181231/035567eee54850f484f7df16815408d1.jpg

I happened to be at the cabin yesterday. Here are the Lakewakes I use for 150 pounds and down. Both 48 inches long. Not sure why I thought 4-4....they’re 4-0.

You are super accommodating. I have two boards, a nubstep and a neo and I don't know the exact size but they carry me (195) decent enough as well as my wife (lighter than me). I'm not about to go dropping hundreds of dollars for guest boards lol.

dakota4ce
01-01-2019, 08:05 PM
These carry my 60# kids up to my 120# wife. They don’t want to be riding adult sized boards. They have ridden mine, but it’s hard for them to progress on a gigantic board.

They wanna slash like the adults.

Also we are running a pretty meaty wave, so putting my wife on a big board would have her kissing the swim step the whole time.

Plus I am addicted to surfboards. So there’s that.

TXSurf4
01-06-2019, 09:51 PM

So I hit up the boat show today to see if they had any deals on any gear for the boat and that was a little bit of a let down but the show was great! Tons of beautiful boats! Rinker’s had their blue/black SE550 out there and it has the 20% ceramic tint on it and it was sick!!! I hopped in it and I was really surprised at the visibility from the inside considering how dark it looks from the outside but like you said it was awesome! I asked our sales person to have it done once the boat shows up!! It will be cool to see how it looks with all the black!

Broke Pilot
01-07-2019, 10:36 AM
Oh man, we probly passed each other a few times, I was there all day with my wife a brother and a pilot buddy who put a deposit down with will and Chris on a sea hunt 27’.
It was a fun show, but I agree, the show was a little slow this year for toys. M2 got their own booth this year. I hung out with Bryce for a while, but I didn’t come across anything I really couldn’t live without. I was hoping to find a shore spike before I ordered one on amazon

TXSurf4
01-07-2019, 01:31 PM
Oh man, we probly passed each other a few times, I was there all day with my wife a brother and a pilot buddy who put a deposit down with will and Chris on a sea hunt 27’.
It was a fun show, but I agree, the show was a little slow this year for toys. M2 got their own booth this year. I hung out with Bryce for a while, but I didn’t come across anything I really couldn’t live without. I was hoping to find a shore spike before I ordered one on amazon

I am sure we passed each other a few times as we were all over that place yesterday. That is awesome about your buddy! Rinker's setup was really nice!!

Broke Pilot
01-08-2019, 05:12 AM
Yea I like that they just did one big booth this year. It was a good layout, I really liked the makai they had on the floor. But I’m a sucker for anything with ultra blue!

TXSurf4
01-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Yea I like that they just did one big booth this year. It was a good layout, I really liked the makai they had on the floor. But I’m a sucker for anything with ultra blue!

Ya if they didn’t have the Raspberry Metal Flake I would have gone with the Ultra Blue it is a sweet color!!

dakota4ce
01-08-2019, 02:28 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190108/1f37442e28fb502c3c987135b2ea77f5.jpg

Not sure what blue this is but she perty in person.

TXSurf4
01-08-2019, 02:41 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190108/1f37442e28fb502c3c987135b2ea77f5.jpg

Not sure what blue this is but she perty in person.

Ya pictures never do these metal flakes much justice but they are purty in person for sure!! Both the Ultra Blue Metal Flake and the Brittany Blue Metal Flake look awesome in person and since we are talking about it I have to mention that the Silver Metal Flake is also really sweet in person too! If it hadn't been for the Raspberry Metal Flake and Raspberry Trex coming to the Moomba line this year I would have had a heck of a time deciding on a Flake Color! LOL

rdlangston13
01-09-2019, 08:08 AM
I find the metal flake looks best reflecting off lights at night. Every time we roll into the storage parking lot at night and I catch a glimpse in the side view mirror it looks amazing.

So you're in Hockley? I just moved my boat out of a storage facility in Hockley off of Zube Rd.

TXSurf4
01-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Ill have to see that when I do! Ya I know exactly where you are. That is a long way from Katy (depending on where you are). I actually keep my fishing boat in a storage place in Cypress that is owned by the same guy and I just got another stall for this boat when it shows up. Technically I am in Hockley but I am basically Cypress as we are just on the west side of 99.

rdlangston13
01-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Ill have to see that when I do! Ya I know exactly where you are. That is a long way from Katy (depending on where you are). I actually keep my fishing boat in a storage place in Cypress that is owned by the same guy and I just got another stall for this boat when it shows up. Technically I am in Hockley but I am basically Cypress as we are just on the west side of 99.

It takes us about 30 minutes to get there from my house going down Katy Hockley/Roberts Rd. I am north if 10 in Old Town Katy so its not like I am way out buried in Katy wannabe Cinco Ranch land (RC). All the lakes we go to are that direction so its not too bad, just pick it up on the way out.

RC_Hinojosa
01-09-2019, 02:46 PM
...so its not like I am way out buried in Katy wannabe Cinco Ranch land (RC).

First off, I guess Cinco Ranch isn't Katy enough (unless we count my tax dollars) [emoji57]

Secondly, I might be heading to ExxonMobil so Spring/Woodlands could be in my future.

Broke Pilot
01-09-2019, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=RC_Hinojosa;335301]First off, I guess Cinco Ranch isn't Katy enough (unless we count my tax dollars) [emoji57]

Secondly, I might be heading to ExxonMobil so Spring/Woodlands could be in my future.

Come up to Conroe... lol way cheaper and less people. Plus, you’re closer to the lake! And let’s be honest, that’s priority 1 right there!

TXSurf4
01-09-2019, 04:22 PM
It takes us about 30 minutes to get there from my house going down Katy Hockley/Roberts Rd. I am north if 10 in Old Town Katy

I didn't think about the fact that you have to come up this way to get to most lakes like Conroe or Somerville any way. That makes sense!

TXSurf4
01-09-2019, 04:27 PM

Nice! Both of those areas are great as I am sure you already know! And really if you don't mind a little drive and some tolls Exxon isn't bad to get to from Katy as well with 99.

rdlangston13
01-09-2019, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=RC_Hinojosa;335301]First off, I guess Cinco Ranch isn't Katy enough (unless we count my tax dollars) [emoji57]

Come up to Conroe... lol way cheaper and less people. Plus, you’re closer to the lake! And let’s be honest, that’s priority 1 right there!

We want to move that way too but Heidi insists we have to stay somewhere that feeds to the woodlands high school or college park high school. Apparently the other ones don’t have enough ribbons or something. I found a nice place that was zoned to Magnolia high school and she wasn’t having any of it. *sigh*

Broke Pilot
01-09-2019, 11:38 PM
Montgomery schools are fantastic if you can overlook the rich kid drug issues. I’d put Montgomery against the woodlands any day. And Walden falls into Montgomery schools I believe! Just something to look into.
Conroe schools definitely are great too. But my bar is incredibly low graduating from Huntsville... lol

rdlangston13
01-10-2019, 08:29 AM
Montgomery schools are fantastic if you can overlook the rich kid drug issues. I’d put Montgomery against the woodlands any day. And Walden falls into Montgomery schools I believe! Just something to look into.
Conroe schools definitely are great too. But my bar is incredibly low graduating from Huntsville... lol

Speaking to choir. Apparently Montgomery schools and even Magnolia schools have like the same start rating at the woodland and college park, but the latter have blue ribbons and the other doesn’t? I think it’s silly to split hairs like that but I’m not having much luck with my argument. Now Walden is a long drive from 242 and 45 (the nearest Methodist hospital) so I can see that being a deterrent.

rdlangston13
01-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Just poked all through the Makai at the boat show and my what a well thought out boat. That sucker is a home run for sure. Only thing I didn’t like was how low the tower is. Interior quality is awesome. And the hinged bench seats are great. Need to do this on my Mojo.

TXSurf4
01-11-2019, 10:05 PM
Ya it definitely has some nice touches that made us make the jump. I don’t know if I ever mentioned but we were originally looking at a Mojo. It is a crazy story how we ended up at the Makai but the size for us was a huge draw on top of other things.

I hadn’t compared the tower height but I did think that that if I wanted to add another set of speakers it would be a tight squeeze.

dakota4ce
01-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Ya it definitely has some nice touches that made us make the jump. I don’t know if I ever mentioned but we were originally looking at a Mojo. It is a crazy story how we ended up at the Makai but the size for us was a huge draw on top of other things.

I hadn’t compared the tower height but I did think that that if I wanted to add another set of speakers it would be a tight squeeze.

One set of Rev10 will blow your brains out. I don’t think you want for more. If you want to do anything just give them more power.

The sound system is solidly functional. I like it’s simplicity.

TXSurf4
01-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Good to know. I never really cranked up the system during the demo.

Is it true that there is a break in for the audio? (Full disclosure I am not a stereo head meaning I don’t know much about them but I do love when they sound good!)

dakota4ce
01-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Good to know. I never really cranked up the system during the demo.

Is it true that there is a break in for the audio? (Full disclosure I am not a stereo head meaning I don’t know much about them but I do love when they sound good!)

I could not speak to you anything regarding a break in. But a pair of REV10 will blast your face off with enough power

TXSurf4
01-11-2019, 11:12 PM
I could not speak to you anything regarding a break in. But a pair of REV10 will blast your face off with enough power

Are they under powered from the factory?

dakota4ce
01-12-2019, 01:01 AM
I sure don’t think mine are...they’re loud enough for me!

TXSurf4
01-12-2019, 01:18 AM
Okay good to know.

jph3
01-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Can you ever have too many Rev10's???:-D

Previous owner had stereo built... and I am back to 2 Rev 10's with 2 Stealth Bars... its all about the amp(s). Get it tuned correctly, and 2 Rev10's are plenty... a surf pipe REALLY helps instead of fighting the exhaust note.

TXSurf4
01-12-2019, 09:48 PM
That is soo awesome! I saw your posts from when you bought the boat and I saw you had quite a few Rev 10s up for sale a little while back hahaha.

Do most dealers do a good job tuning these or is it a job for a mobile audio shop?

I did spec the boat with the surf pipe so I am looking forward to seeing how it sounds compared to the demo which didn’t have one.

jph3
01-12-2019, 09:56 PM
Do most dealers do a good job tuning these or is it a job for a mobile audio shop?

I would just ask them bluntly... The dealer thats closest to me (3.5hrs away) are audio guys - BIG custom systems. When I asked him to send me a list of what they would build (I was looking at a max at the time), it was legit equipment ... and legit cost :)

I did speak with another dealer, and he more or less said 'we can just add stuff from the factory'. I would lean toward custom tuning if thats their response.

Broke Pilot
01-12-2019, 11:28 PM
No, I would say most* dealers don’t gave a clue what they’re doing unless they have an audio shop also. I’d be willing to bet most of them don’t even check anything other than if all the speakers work. My SA had gains all over the place when it was delivered.
But tuning is super easy, no need to pay a shop unless you’re just truly a no wrench kind of person lol.
Just pull all the amp side RCA’s, leave 1set at a time plugged in, put the head unit at about 75-80% max volume, and adjust the gain until you hear distortion. Then back it off a bit til you don’t. Then unplug that set and move on to the next set etc... then plug them all in and test it all together.
Also, adjust your crossovers while you’re in there. Once you get the gains set, play with the crossovers.

dakota4ce
01-12-2019, 11:38 PM
My Makai sub was weak at the outset. Had to bump that gain to match and from there it’s been all good.

The Fusion head unit is dead simple and I really like it coming from my integrated system on my 2016 Supra. It has a KNOB! How novel! [emoji1787]

TXSurf4
01-13-2019, 12:50 AM
No, I would say most* dealers don’t gave a clue what they’re doing unless they have an audio shop also. I’d be willing to bet most of them don’t even check anything other than if all the speakers work. My SA had gains all over the place when it was delivered.
But tuning is super easy, no need to pay a shop unless you’re just truly a no wrench kind of person lol.
Just pull all the amp side RCA’s, leave 1set at a time plugged in, put the head unit at about 75-80% max volume, and adjust the gain until you hear distortion. Then back it off a bit til you don’t. Then unplug that set and move on to the next set etc... then plug them all in and test it all together.
Also, adjust your crossovers while you’re in there. Once you get the gains set, play with the crossovers.

If I am being honest I have never messed with stereos or amps but I really enjoy wrenching on things. I will have to do some research on tuning it.

rdlangston13
01-13-2019, 10:26 AM
If I am being honest I have never messed with stereos or amps but I really enjoy wrenching on things. I will have to do some research on tuning it.

I took mine to Mobile Innovations to get it tuned and ended up blowing s cabin speaker that weekend. So I don’t recommend them. I tried my best to tune it but at over 1000 a pair for the rev10s I’m sure I went too conservative and left a lot on the table

RC_Hinojosa
01-13-2019, 10:47 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf you want to come to Katy, Extreme Off-Road can tune your system with mics, oscilloscope, etc. to get the most out of your components.

csm
01-13-2019, 12:30 PM
The only audio option I got with my Max was towers with an amp because I wanted to do everything else myself, but what surprised me was that it came from the factory with 4 gauge cable from the battery switch, to a terminal block with 6 gauge going to the amp. First thing i did was swap it for 0 gauge to a 4 gauge terminal block.

Maybe the Makai is different but I would take a look. I imagine this could cause amps to be underpowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TXSurf4
01-13-2019, 04:14 PM
If you want to come to Katy, Extreme Off-Road can tune your system with mics, oscilloscope, etc. to get the most out of your components.

I don’t mind trying it my self and learning something in the process, but that sounds like a good option too. Is it pricey to have done?

RC_Hinojosa
01-13-2019, 04:21 PM
I don’t mind trying it my self and learning something in the process, but that sounds like a good option too. Is it pricey to have done?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNot sure on the price for a stand alone tune, might wanna give'em a call. They did mine as part of my install but it made a world of difference.

Between my in-boats, REV10s & REVO12 XXX...everything is in balance and no component overpowers another.

rdlangston13
01-13-2019, 04:45 PM

Mobile innovations charged me $100 to blow up a speaker

TXSurf4
01-13-2019, 04:55 PM
Mobile innovations charged me $100 to blow up a speaker

I didn’t see your post about this above.

Wow that was really nice of them! What is the story behind that? Did they cover it?

TXSurf4
01-13-2019, 04:57 PM
Not sure on the price for a stand alone tune, might wanna give'em a call. They did mine as part of my install but it made a world of difference.

Between my in-boats, REV10s & REVO12 XXX...everything is in balance and no component overpowers another.

I will definitely hit hem up just to see...

rdlangston13
01-13-2019, 05:35 PM
I didn’t see your post about this above.

Wow that was really nice of them! What is the story behind that? Did they cover it?

Wetsounds warrantied it thankfully.

Broke Pilot
01-14-2019, 12:11 AM
I’ll come down and show you how to tune it by ear. Generally that’s the best way. If you’re going to O-scopes and fancy tools, that’s putting things right on the edge. But I can bring an SMD distortion detector if you want... I never use it anymore. And none of my expensive stuff has ever blown up lol
Save the $100, I’ll bring the beer!

TXSurf4
01-14-2019, 12:56 AM
I’ll come down and show you how to tune it by ear. Generally that’s the best way. If you’re going to O-scopes and fancy tools, that’s putting things right on the edge. But I can bring an SMD distortion detector if you want... I never use it anymore. And none of my expensive stuff has ever blown up lol
Save the $100, I’ll bring the beer!

Even better, how about I come up there and I’ll bring the beer!! I will likely be breaking my motor in on Conroe (that will be a long day LOL) and will be there that hole weekend as we have friends with a house on Conroe. We will be out there a good bit as having a house to retreat to is nice for the little ones which in turn makes for longer days on the water. Is it March yet?!

Broke Pilot
01-14-2019, 02:00 AM
Works for me... I’ve got a dry place to stash the boat in the shop if you need. Just leave the keys too! Lmao

rdlangston13
01-14-2019, 12:59 PM
I’d like to reserve a spot on the stereo tuning party please.

RC_Hinojosa
01-14-2019, 01:35 PM
I’d like to reserve a spot on the stereo tuning party please.

David...let's add a DB Drag contest to the Texas Jam! SC boats only....can't have Kevin Henry show up with 6 W7s.

TXSurf4
01-14-2019, 01:51 PM
Works for me... I’ve got a dry place to stash the boat in the shop if you need. Just leave the keys too! Lmao

LOL I was actually looking at storing this boat in Conroe because I couldn't find a place locally with an open stall but the place where I keep my fishing boat finally had one open up so I jumped on it!

Broke Pilot
01-14-2019, 02:05 PM
David, bring it on man...

TX, check out Tall pines storage up here in Conroe. They’re the best. I use the little Egypt facility. It’s right next to my house.

TXSurf4
01-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Since I was able to get a place where I keep my fishing boat I am just going to keep it there as it makes it much easier to bring it home to detail and get ready for trips ect. Especially when we make trips out to Sommerville, Travis or anything west of us. I just have to pay for it for 2 months that I am not using it which stinks but is better than having nothing. Thanks for the suggestion though!

rdlangston13
01-14-2019, 02:55 PM
David...let's add a DB Drag contest to the Texas Jam! SC boats only....can't have Kevin Henry show up with 6 W7s.

Haha, for real. That G he had at the boat show was ridiculous. 2 12W7s and 4 8W7s.

RC_Hinojosa
01-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Haha, for real. That G he had at the boat show was ridiculous. 2 12W7s and 4 8W7s.

Yeah, it's a killer stereo but I feel he's gone color blind. IHMO, Tahitian Lime & Mojave Brown is not a hot look no matter how hard that boat bumps....

The_Robo_Fighter
01-15-2019, 06:14 PM
27918First major upgrade to my Makai!27917

TXSurf4
01-15-2019, 09:39 PM
27918First major upgrade to my Makai!27917

I am assuming that you had the factory sub and that is the reason for the whole and the cover plate?

That cover plate looks great!! What was you reason for putting it in a box?

rdlangston13
01-15-2019, 09:43 PM
I am assuming that you had the factory sub and that is the reason for the whole and the cover plate?

That cover plate looks great!! What was you reason for putting it in a box?

Open air subs sound like garbage. Putting a box around it and getting rid of the open air sub would definitely be one of the first mods I would make and will greatly improve the output of the sub.

TXSurf4
01-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Open air subs sound like garbage. Putting a box around it and getting rid of the open air sub would definitely be one of the first mods I would make and will greatly improve the output of the sub.

I was curious as to why you wouldn’t try to enclose it from the back to keep it in its stock location. But you are saying you wouldn’t even keep the sub?

rdlangston13
01-15-2019, 09:47 PM
I was curious as to why you wouldn’t try to enclose it from the back to keep it in its stock location. But you are saying you wouldn’t even keep the sub?

I would keep the sub but I would build the enclosure to the specs of the sub I WOULD want to upgrade too if I didn’t like how the free air sub sounded after the enclosure. I ordered my boat with the basic stereo on purpose because I planned on swapping everything out.

The_Robo_Fighter
01-16-2019, 07:23 AM

My first attempt was to try and make a enclosure. It didn’t sound any better, so I put a new sub in a fat bandpass box. But I was stuck with a ugly hole under the helm. The local shop came up with the moomba plexiglass cover/ grill. Did you order a sub on your makai? I can take more pictures if you want.

- Blaine

TXSurf4
01-16-2019, 08:34 AM
My first attempt was to try and make a enclosure. It didn’t sound any better, so I put a new sub in a fat bandpass box. But I was stuck with a ugly hole under the helm. The local shop came up with the moomba plexiglass cover/ grill. Did you order a sub on your makai? I can take more pictures if you want.

- Blaine

Ya I did. I am not looking to loosen any fittings on the boat with the sub just want it all to sounds good.

The_Robo_Fighter
01-16-2019, 12:44 PM
I understand. I’m not looking to be obnoxious on the lake, but at cruising speeds like my music slightly louder than conversational volume. The nice part about how I have it set up is I can crank it up if I want, but if I don’t I didn’t spend too much.

TXSurf4
01-16-2019, 02:58 PM
I gotcha! My plan for now is to get the boat and see what I can do with "tuning" and if I feel like it needs more bass explore my options from there. I figure that during the motor break in period is a perfect time to analyse the stereo and start to get it figured out and also begin to learn all of the new things I need to about the boat since we won't be surfing during that time.

dakota4ce
01-16-2019, 04:15 PM
I bumped the gain on my sub and then was happy.

TXSurf4
01-16-2019, 04:43 PM
So here is something I have been thinking about and figured I would ask you guys. How do you carry and store your surf boards on and off the water? Does anyone have problems with the heat when they are in the Board Racks or Bimini Surf Storage? Do you put them in socks when on the boat?

TXSurf4
01-16-2019, 04:52 PM
I bumped the gain on my sub and then was happy.

Ya that is what I remember you and a few others saying so that is why I figured I would take Broke Pilot up on the offer to help with tuning and see where that gets me. My days of big bass setups (2 12s in a '97 GMC 1500 Extended Cab) have come and gone, now I just like good sound with some noticeable bass.

RC_Hinojosa
01-16-2019, 04:58 PM
So here is something I have been thinking about and figured I would ask you guys. How do you carry and store your surf boards on and off the water? Does anyone have problems with the heat when they are in the Board Racks or Bimini Surf Storage? Do you put them in socks when on the boat?

I use Mission board socks whether they are in the bed of my truck, bimini storage or in my swivel racks.

TXSurf4
01-16-2019, 05:46 PM
I use Mission board socks whether they are in the bed of my truck, bimini storage or in my swivel racks.

Good to know! I looked on their site and they are out of stock :( I got on the email list to notify when they are available. I see they have them at wakemakers too so I might get them from there. Can you run these with fins on?

RC_Hinojosa
01-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Good to know! I looked on their site and they are out of stock :( I got on the email list to notify when they are available. I see they have them at wakemakers too so I might get them from there. Can you run these with fins on?Yes, they work with fins too. The bags come in two general sizes to cover a wide range of boards.

I got mine through WM's...forum discount [emoji16]

Dtbradly
01-17-2019, 02:59 PM
This exactly

Yes, they work with fins too. The bags come in two general sizes to cover a wide range of boards.

I got mine through WM's...forum discount [emoji16]

TXSurf4
01-25-2019, 04:34 PM
So a little update: I heard from our sales person today and our Spray Date is 2/5! They also gave me the build # which is MK118. This # doesn't look like others I have seen so was wondering if anyone has had one similar? Obviously the MK is for Makai but I know some of you have had #s that were just numerical with no letter designations that is why I ask.

larry_arizona
01-25-2019, 07:42 PM
My 18 SA starts with SH so letters are legit.

TXSurf4
01-28-2019, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know who I can contact as SC to get pics of the build in process?

larry_arizona
01-28-2019, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know who I can contact as SC to get pics of the build in process?

Just ask your salesman, they will arrange sending you pics

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 11:52 AM
Just ask your salesman, they will arrange sending you pics

I hit my sales person up and I emailed Chris and he got back with me and said they will send them to me!!

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 11:55 AM
My Makai sub was weak at the outset. Had to bump that gain to match and from there it’s been all good.

The Fusion head unit is dead simple and I really like it coming from my integrated system on my 2016 Supra. It has a KNOB! How novel! [emoji1787]

Have you gotten your 1300's in for the rear yet? I am assuming that these will need the removal of the rear storage bins?

dakota4ce
01-30-2019, 12:24 PM
Have you gotten your 1300's in for the rear yet? I am assuming that these will need the removal of the rear storage bins?

I possess them, yes. Removal of bins, also yes. Installed, no. I suspect the bags don’t go all the way up, so I will assess that and possibly cut down the trays so that there is still a bit of storage to use. Yet to be seen!

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 01:04 PM
I possess them, yes. Removal of bins, also yes. Installed, no. I suspect the bags donÂ’t go all the way up, so I will assess that and possibly cut down the trays so that there is still a bit of storage to use. Yet to be seen!

I have bought 1,000# of lead from my dealer and will get it when I take delivery of the boat but I am definitely looking at these bags as well. I am not really worried about the storage bins but I would be interested in seeing how you will cut them down though! Do you think you will have to reinforce the engine dividers with the 1300s?

dakota4ce
01-30-2019, 01:07 PM
I have bought 1,000# of lead from my dealer and will get it when I take delivery of the boat but I am definitely looking at these bags as well. I am not really worried about the storage bins but I would be interested in seeing how you will cut them down though! Do you think you will have to reinforce the engine dividers with the 1300s?

They’re very beefy/already reinforced from the factory. I do not think they will need anything additional. They have C channel built into them already. Makes great sense!

TXSurf4
01-30-2019, 01:17 PM
They’re very beefy/already reinforced from the factory. I do not think they will need anything additional. They have C channel built into them already. Makes great sense!

That is good to know. Thanks!

TXSurf4
02-06-2019, 06:32 PM
So the boat started production yesterday!! Yay!!! I went by my dealer today to go over other items I am going to need that way they can have them when I take delivery. During this we talked about a spare prop which I am definitely going to pick (which one I am not sure yet) but it made me think about it and I wanted to ask you guys something. To those of you who have swapped props do you lap your new/spare prop to the shaft? Is it necessary?

dakota4ce
02-06-2019, 08:45 PM
So the boat started production yesterday!! Yay!!! I went by my dealer today to go over other items I am going to need that way they can have them when I take delivery. During this we talked about a spare prop which I am definitely going to pick (which one I am not sure yet) but it made me think about it and I wanted to ask you guys something. To those of you who have swapped props do you lap your new/spare prop to the shaft? Is it necessary?

I have to honestly admit I don’t know what that is....

TXSurf4
02-06-2019, 10:31 PM
I have to honestly admit I don’t know what that is....

So is that a no....?LOL

It is precisely fitting the prop’s taper to the taper of the shaft. Basically when you mount the prop on the taper of the shaft with out lapping it there are high spots (or low spots depending on how you look at it) in the prop’s bore that keep it from making even contact across the taper. By lapping it you sand down the high spots using a compound on the shaft so that when you mount the prop there is even contact across the entire taper.

There is a thread in the How To section that has a video about it but it didn’t get much traction so I figured I would ask here.

dakota4ce
02-06-2019, 10:38 PM
So is that a no....?LOL

It is precisely fitting the prop’s taper to the taper of the shaft. Basically when you mount the prop on the taper of the shaft with out lapping it there are high spots (or low spots depending on how you look at it) in the prop’s bore that keep it from making even contact across the taper. By lapping it you sand down the high spots using a compound on the shaft so that when you mount the prop there is even contact across the entire taper.

There is a thread in the How To section that has a video about it but it didn’t get much traction so I figured I would ask here.

That sounds like a good idea....I tend to change props on my back in a driveway with an Acme prop puller inside of roughly 6 minutes. I have done this about a dozen times over 4 boats to date.

Even changed a couple times on a paddle board while the boat is on a hoist. That actually kind of sucks and I have lost a few tools doing that!

I haven’t seen a problem yet but shoot who knows!

The_Robo_Fighter
02-06-2019, 10:49 PM
I couldn't stand it any longer! I put her in the water today!28054

dakota4ce
02-06-2019, 10:57 PM

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

jph3
02-06-2019, 10:59 PM

video needed for the rest of us stuck in winter... the crowd demands it!

The_Robo_Fighter
02-06-2019, 11:18 PM
Here ya go! Water was 54 and air was 68.

https://youtu.be/pYHI_Frd9-o

Trying to perfect the goofy wave. Just put in new wakemakers 1300 pound bags in the rear lockers. Total ballast is 4600#. Ran everything full (100%) except port side at 75%. Starboard plate at 0, center plate 0, and port plate at 60. Speed 10.1. Still working it.... open to suggestions!

TXSurf4
02-06-2019, 11:25 PM
That sounds like a good idea....I tend to change props on my back in a driveway with an Acme prop puller inside of roughly 6 minutes. I have done this about a dozen times over 4 boats to date.

Even changed a couple times on a paddle board while the boat is on a hoist. That actually kind of sucks and I have lost a few tools doing that!

I haven’t seen a problem yet but shoot who knows!

Ya I mean it seems to be good practice and makes sense. Just wasn’t sure if it is necessary or required.

I figured changing them was a quick drive way job but lapping seems as if it would be a lot tougher.

Paddle board sounds like a fun way to change one hahaha.

TXSurf4
02-06-2019, 11:32 PM

Trying to perfect the goofy wave. Just put in new wakemakers 1300 pound bags in the rear lockers. Total ballast is 4600#. Ran everything full (100%) except port side at 75%. Starboard plate at 0, center plate 0, and port plate at 60. Speed 10.1. Still working it.... open to suggestions!

Nice!! [emoji106] Do you have any pics of the 1300s installed? Was it an easy install/swap? Is there much room on top of them?

I already have plans to swap mine out to the 1300s and I just bought 1,000# of lead too! [emoji1]

dakota4ce
02-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Nice!! [emoji106] Do you have any pics of the 1300s installed? Was it an easy install/swap? Is there much room on top of them?

I already have plans to swap mine out to the 1300s and I just bought 1,000# of lead too! [emoji1]

I also wonder how much room exists above them when filled....

The_Robo_Fighter
02-07-2019, 08:39 AM

The install was very easy. There are 3 connections on the back of the bag and 2 on the front. The fitting on the stock bags won’t fit the new bag, but it came with all the connections needed. The storage tray unscrewed easy and once they are out of the way the whole job took 20 minutes. When full there is maybe 6 inches of space. I’m thinking of putting a “bungee cargo” net on top using the old screw holes from the bins. I will take a picture next time I’m down there.

Any suggestions for getting lead?

dakota4ce
02-07-2019, 10:20 AM
The install was very easy. There are 3 connections on the back of the bag and 2 on the front. The fitting on the stock bags won’t fit the new bag, but it came with all the connections needed. The storage tray unscrewed easy and once they are out of the way the whole job took 20 minutes. When full there is maybe 6 inches of space. I’m thinking of putting a “bungee cargo” net on top using the old screw holes from the bins. I will take a picture next time I’m down there.

Any suggestions for getting lead?

Wake ballast, lead wake (both .com) have very nice bags. 1000# would be such an epic setup for what you have cooking!

TXSurf4
02-07-2019, 11:11 AM
Good to know!! Ya some pics of them full would be sweet! The bungee net seems to be a popular mod for areas like that and a great use of space.

Dakota4ce cover the lead

larry_arizona
02-07-2019, 06:49 PM

Why not use the factory preset autowake settings? I would think with 4600# you would have your amplitude near maxed out and simply let autowake do its magic.

Or is it simply preferred to make manual adjustments and bypass Autowake?

larry_arizona
02-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Anyone have a link to decent bungee nets?

dakota4ce
02-08-2019, 02:40 AM
Why not use the factory preset autowake settings? I would think with 4600# you would have your amplitude near maxed out and simply let autowake do its magic.

Or is it simply preferred to make manual adjustments and bypass Autowake?

Only thing Autowake might do is drain....and if you can hit your angles without it, you keep all your weight onboard.

I use the angle sensors religiously, but rarely use the active component whilst surfing.

larry_arizona
02-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Only thing Autowake might do is drain....and if you can hit your angles without it, you keep all your weight onboard.

I use the angle sensors religiously, but rarely use the active component whilst surfing.

But robo manually drained his port side to 75%.

Autowake would not drop that much %. Most it has drained is 3-4% for me, but if people move in the boat, it adjusts it back.

I would take 3-4% versus 25% lost.

dakota4ce
02-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Not even talking specifically about robo. Really just in general. Don’t lose any weight.

I will drain more than 4% if it needs to depending on your settings.

dakota4ce
02-08-2019, 08:44 AM
Autowake is great if you already have a large crew and huge amplitude. Then some draining isn’t a big deal. But when the crew is smaller and I am going for the most I can, I keep it off.

Then there are several other times I use it regularly. In all the system is GOLD!

TXSurf4
02-08-2019, 11:53 AM
But robo manually drained his port side to 75%.

Autowake would not drop that much %. Most it has drained is 3-4% for me, but if people move in the boat, it adjusts it back.

I would take 3-4% versus 25% lost.

I am curious do you mean 3-4% from where autowake fills to to start with? or from 100% full?

larry_arizona
02-08-2019, 12:03 PM
I am curious do you mean 3-4% from where autowake fills to to start with? or from 100% full?

I fill 100% manual to start then pick the autowake surf 1 preset. Then when I pick the surf side I want it might drain 3-4% on non surfside.

It will continually adjust on the fly, mostly if people move around at all in the boat during the session. Autowake will hold your pitch and roll.

dakota4ce
02-08-2019, 12:50 PM
I fill 100% manual to start then pick the autowake surf 1 preset. Then when I pick the surf side I want it might drain 3-4% on non surfside.

It will continually adjust on the fly, mostly if people move around at all in the boat during the session. Autowake will hold your pitch and roll.

Yes that means you’ve got it very close when it’s full all around. Do you use any supplemental weight? Or just factory ballast?

TXSurf4
02-08-2019, 12:52 PM

While I do agree that 25% is a large # compared to you 3-4% I wonder if that is the difference in Swell 3.0 on your Supra and Flow 2.0 on Moombas? I have very real world experience with either and wont until my boat arrives but I have talked to a lot of people and done a ton of reading (in this cold crappy weather) and it seems that with Swell 3.0 you are able to surf with the boat weighted closer to even. I could be completely wrong on this and if I am then someone correct me as I really interested in learning as much about this as I can before my boat arrives.

Side note I will be using Autowake as I am a novice at setting up boats for a great wave hence why I am trying to learn as much as possible.

larry_arizona
02-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Yes that means you’ve got it very close when it’s full all around. Do you use any supplemental weight? Or just factory ballast?

Factory ballast only, 4-5 crew max. With my typical crew, Autowake is asking for more bow weight. But my crew likes sitting midship or rear.

Might get 300# of lead for bow, or invite a few more friends with the stipulation they must sit in bow.

dakota4ce
02-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Factory ballast only, 4-5 crew max. With my typical crew, Autowake is asking for more bow weight. But my crew likes sitting midship or rear.

Might get 300# of lead for bow, or invite a few more friends with the stipulation they must sit in bow.

So that makes good sense. The boat is set up to work properly from the factory. So with very level weight, it should make minor adjustments as you state.

When you start adding a whole bunch of extra weight, like in my case 1700 pounds of lead LOL, and if you don’t have things in the right place, the system will attempt to drain water to fix it. That’s when you can get big drainage percentages. So basically, what I’m saying is use the weight to get the angles right and you really won’t need active Autowake. Or very little.

As far as the difference between the surf systems, no not really I don’t think. You can always push the surf plate deeper into the water which will give the boat the angle it needs, but it does come at a cost of lift. My basic philosophy is ssinkthe boat as deep as possible and get the angles right using weight, and use as little surf plate as possible to form a wave. You could just ssinkthe boat as deep as possible with true level weight and use a little more surf plate to get the angles you need. But that does raise the rear a little.

If that all makes sense [emoji3061][emoji3061]

larry_arizona
02-16-2019, 09:14 PM
Was at the Detroit boat show, SE next to Makai

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190217/48722230a03d8c06783805a1bd0a133d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190217/09ad7aa102f4abbbbf0df9e90e09e8c8.jpg

SE is just that big. This SE MSRP was $183k

TXSurf4
02-16-2019, 09:45 PM
Nice!! The SE is a awesome machine!!

So a little update. The boat is all but wrapped up for shipping! I am guessing it will start making its way south this coming week. I have actually gotten quite a few pictures which has been an awesome experience. Unfortunately I was asked not to share them on social platforms but as soon as it arrives I will definitely get some pics to share with everyone.

Matt0520
02-17-2019, 02:05 PM

So a little update. The boat is all but wrapped up for shipping! I am guessing it will start making its way south this coming week. I have actually gotten quite a few pictures which has been an awesome experience. Unfortunately I was asked not to share them on social platforms but as soon as it arrives I will definitely get some pics to share with everyone.

Home stretch!! Can’t wait to see pics when you get it.

haknslash
02-17-2019, 02:25 PM

Woohoo that's awesome! It will be to you in no time now. I hope I get some pics of mine during the build process but I know they are busy. is there someone at SC that stays in touch with you on build progress or did your dealer do that?

larry_arizona
02-17-2019, 02:27 PM
Woohoo that's awesome! It will be to you in no time now. I hope I get some pics of mine during the build process but I know they are busy. is there someone at SC that stays in touch with you on build progress or did your dealer do that?

Just ask your salesman, he will get you pics of your build.

I got 4 sets of pics during my build. But they do ask you not to post on forums etc.

haknslash
02-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Just ask your salesman, he will get you pics of your build.

I got 4 sets of pics during my build. But they do ask you not to post on forums etc.

Cool, thanks for the info. I get it they don't want pics posted online as build pics aren't really that flattering in terms of marketing a boat goes. I work in manufacturing so i'm going to geek out over mine if I get them lol.

larry_arizona
02-17-2019, 02:41 PM
I think it’s more that SC does not want any “techniques” shared.

TXSurf4
02-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Ya it is more of making sure that if there is anything in background that might be proprietary or a trade secret they don’t want that out there. Being in manufacturing my self I totally get it and have been geeking out over the pics. It is just cool to see it all come together!

haknslash
02-17-2019, 03:43 PM
Ya it is more of making sure that if there is anything in background that might be proprietary or a trade secret they don’t want that out there. Being in manufacturing my self I totally get it and have been geeking out over the pics. It is just cool to see it all come together!

Did you do the tour and if so how much of the facility do you get to tour (just the shop floor or other places)? Do they allow you take your own pics of your boat if you're there during the spray date? I know in our facility we don't allow anyone doing a tour to take pictures for the same reasons mentioned so competitors don't see something they're not supposed to. Sorry for all the questions as I wasn't sure if you went to TN or just had pics sent to you along the way.

TXSurf4
02-17-2019, 04:00 PM
Did you do the tour and if so how much of the facility do you get to tour (just the shop floor or other places)? Do they allow you take your own pics of your boat if you're there during the spray date? I know in our facility we don't allow anyone doing a tour to take pictures for the same reasons mentioned so competitors don't see something they're not supposed to. Sorry for all the questions as I wasn't sure if you went to TN or just had pics sent to you along the way.

No I didn’t get to do the tour as I am down here in Texas. I am planning to do a summer trip either this year or next to check it out and stop at some lakes along the way!! Sort of a Wake9 inspired road trip. Matt0250 did do he tour and said it was awesome!!

Broke Pilot
02-18-2019, 01:32 PM
Sweet! Congrats brother! Get that new toy home and start playing with it. We’ll see you out on Conroe in no time!
Or I’ll see it in my shop for stereo tuning. Lol

TXSurf4
02-18-2019, 02:57 PM
Sweet! Congrats brother! Get that new toy home and start playing with it. We’ll see you out on Conroe in no time!
Or I’ll see it in my shop for stereo tuning. Lol

Thanks man!! Ya it will be both Conroe and your shop! I am not sure what all is entailed in taking delivery from Rinker's but I plan to take the boat to Conroe the first weekend and do the "break-in" on Saturday (going to be a long day) then be able to play on Sunday and then take it in for the 20hr service to get that out of the way and be ready for the summer. I have a friend that has a place on Conroe where we usually stay so it makes it easy to be up early and stay late.

Broke Pilot
02-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Where do y’all usually launch from?

TXSurf4
02-19-2019, 06:17 PM
Where do y’all usually launch from?

My buddies neighborhood has their own launch that I usually launch my fishing boat from. His neighborhood is on the east side of 1097 bridge and the south side of 1097. That being said their launch is a single wide on open water with docks on both sides so I might launch from another location the first time. Do you have any suggestions?

rdlangston13
02-20-2019, 08:21 AM
My buddies neighborhood has their own launch that I usually launch my fishing boat from. His neighborhood is on the east side of 1097 bridge and the south side of 1097. That being said their launch is a single wide on open water with docks on both sides so I might launch from another location the first time. Do you have any suggestions?

April sound marina has a nice launch that is pretty well protected. Only issue is they hit yah for $15 to use it.

GreersFerryARK
02-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Ordered our Makai 2 weeks ago. Supposed to be here mid April. Moving out of ‘13 Mojo. Really excited to get this beast !

GreersFerryARK
02-20-2019, 11:36 AM
Any update on when u are receiving ur Makai ??

BigOrange
02-20-2019, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=GreersFerryARK;337437]Any update on when u are receiving ur Makai ??[/QUOTE

Is that the Makai you have on order in your last post thumbnail picture? If yes, mark me down -- if you want to sale it in a few years I'm interested! Love the color scheme.

GreersFerryARK
02-20-2019, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=GreersFerryARK;337437]Any update on when u are receiving ur Makai ??[/QUOTE

Is that the Makai you have on order in your last post thumbnail picture? If yes, mark me down -- if you want to sale it in a few years I'm interested! Love the color scheme.

Yes, that’s it !! Thank you! Went with light grey interior/ flooring, with dark graphite and orange accents

TXSurf4
02-20-2019, 12:55 PM
April sound marina has a nice launch that is pretty well protected. Only issue is they hit yah for $15 to use it.

Looks like a good spot! I might have go there for my first launch. I don't mind paying a little for using a good setup.

TXSurf4
02-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Any update on when u are receiving ur Makai ??

Nothing yet. I spoke with my dealer yesterday and they said they are just waiting to get the shipment notification. As soon as they get it they will let me know and I figure at least 2 days transit to get down here. Once they get it they will have a week or 2 of work to get it ready with the usual prep as well as the tint and platinum protection. I am hoping to hit the water for the break-in mid March.

Matt0520
02-20-2019, 03:38 PM
Nothing yet. I spoke with my dealer yesterday and they said they are just waiting to get the shipment notification. As soon as they get it they will let me know and I figure at least 2 days transit to get down here. Once they get it they will have a week or 2 of work to get it ready with the usual prep as well as the tint and platinum protection. I am hoping to hit the water for the break-in mid March.

Lucky duck!

No word on my end either. Not that it matters. I’m looking at early April for a drop in date.

GreersFerryARK
02-20-2019, 05:15 PM
We are looking at mid April

TXSurf4
02-20-2019, 09:30 PM
We are looking at mid April

Nice!! That is a perfect time of year!

TXSurf4
02-21-2019, 04:51 PM
So my dealer just texted and the boat shipped yesterday!! So it should be arriving any day!

Broke Pilot
02-21-2019, 06:02 PM
We and most of the Rinkers guys use lake view marina on 105. You can get a year pass for I think $200? If you drop in as much as we do it’s a steal compared to $15 a shot.

TXSurf4
02-21-2019, 06:39 PM
We and most of the Rinkers guys use lake view marina on 105. You can get a year pass for I think $200? If you drop in as much as we do it’s a steal compared to $15 a shot.

That is good to know. I have been there before and I know they have the ice machines and all that. Nice place!

You make it out recently on your bike? Weather was good last weekend and things were dry enough to get out on the trails!

rdlangston13
02-21-2019, 08:26 PM

We launched there before too. It’s really close to that to go daiquiri shop...dangerous haha

I usually hit 105 from 149 so April sound marina just comes up first.

Broke Pilot
02-21-2019, 09:29 PM
When you say April sound, you mean April Plaza? Used to have a marine max in it?
I like that place, just gets so busy.
Yea, lake view is nice since you can use their ice machines if you’re a member, and you get priority launching

rdlangston13
02-22-2019, 03:34 AM
When you say April sound, you mean April Plaza? Used to have a marine max in it?
I like that place, just gets so busy.
Yea, lake view is nice since you can use their ice machines if you’re a member, and you get priority launching

Yeah it’s probably April plaza. It’s got a huge covered floating down full of boats and the launch is off to the left.

TXSurf4
02-22-2019, 03:05 PM
It has arrived!!!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190222/d0b8be87a8c4f4753f594099514dc20c.jpg

RC_Hinojosa
02-22-2019, 03:17 PM
It has arrived!!!!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190222/d0b8be87a8c4f4753f594099514dc20c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWoo Hoo!! Congrats bruh [emoji1690]

TXSurf4
02-22-2019, 04:14 PM
Woo Hoo!! Congrats bruh [emoji1690]

Thanks man!

ghebert1111
02-22-2019, 04:20 PM
I can only imagine your excitement. The wait has gotta be killing you.

Broke Pilot
02-22-2019, 04:27 PM
Dang that was quick! Good thing the weather is great so you can sign for it and go play with it! Lmao

larry_arizona
02-22-2019, 04:28 PM
Man two forum boat arrivals almost at the same time, Congrats!!!

Broke Pilot
Yeah it’s probably April plaza. It’s got a huge covered floating down full of boats and the launch is off to the left.

Yep, that’s April plaza. Wish they’d do a ramp membership. It’s wlways nice and calm back in there

Matt0520

Awesome!! Haha our boats have been going through the same thing every step of the way.

TXSurf4
02-22-2019, 04:37 PM
I can only imagine your excitement. The wait has gotta be killing you.

Ya it is going to be a long 2 weeks. I do get to go tomorrow and check it out as they unwrap it so that will be cool!

Dang that was quick! Good thing the weather is great so you can sign for it and go play with it! Lmao

Ya this weather is crap hopefully it is better in 2 weeks when we will be on Conroe for the break in.

Man two forum boat arrivals almost at the same time, Congrats!!!

Ya it is pretty funny that they have been running next to each other this whole time. Thanks!

TXSurf4
02-22-2019, 04:39 PM
Awesome!! Haha our boats have been going through the same thing every step of the way.

Ya pretty crazy they both arrived on the same day too. This has been a really fun experience!

haknslash
02-22-2019, 05:23 PM

Man that’s 2 new boat deliveries on here in the same day! So happy for y’all!! Looks like same crappy weather we’ve had for too long but hopefully it will clear for you soon.

TXSurf4
02-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Man that’s 2 new boat deliveries on here in the same day! So happy for y’all!! Looks like same crappy weather we’ve had for too long but hopefully it will clear for you soon.

Thanks man! Ya it has been a really wet winter around here but on the plus side all the lakes are full!!

rdlangston13
02-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Ya it is going to be a long 2 weeks. I do get to go tomorrow and check it out as they unwrap it so that will be cool!

Ya this weather is crap hopefully it is better in 2 weeks when we will be on Conroe for the break in.

Would you be referring to March 9-10 weekend? We are going to the rodeo that Saturday but plan to take the boat out that Sunday weather permitting.

TXSurf4
02-22-2019, 05:37 PM
Would you be referring to March 9-10 weekend? We are going to the rodeo that Saturday but plan to take the boat out that Sunday weather permitting.

Ya that is my hope as long as it is ready. Saturday we are going to try to get the most of the break in done (going to be a long day) then finish the break in early Sunday if needed and hopefully play the rest of the day! Hopefully the weather will be good and we can see yall out there!

Broke Pilot
02-23-2019, 01:52 AM
Yea that’s the first few days of spring break for our kids, maybe we can all drop in and go eat dinner at sams boat or something.

rdlangston13
02-23-2019, 08:24 AM
I would be down for some crawfish. Just found out that my wife has to work that day though. Something got over looked somewhere a long the way. Nolan and I may still be able to venture out. May get my dad to hope on with us. Bro day.

haknslash
02-23-2019, 09:52 AM
Thanks man! Ya it has been a really wet winter around here but on the plus side all the lakes are full!!

Yea tons of rain here as well. If I so much as spit on the ground it's going to cause a flood lol. It simply can't hold anymore water. Our lakes are all trying to move it as fast as they can. Almost all flood gates open and it's nuts!

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Yea that’s the first few days of spring break for our kids, maybe we can all drop in and go eat dinner at sams boat or something.

Sounds good to me!! Like rd I could go for some crawfish!

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 11:30 AM
Yea tons of rain here as well. If I so much as spit on the ground it's going to cause a flood lol. It simply can't hold anymore water. Our lakes are all trying to move it as fast as they can. Almost all flood gates open and it's nuts!

These pics are awesome!! Yea we aren’t that bad down here. The lakes are releasing but not at a crazy rate or anything. It is always awesome to see when they open the gates. All that water is some serious power!

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Got her all unwrapped this morning!! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/1f7e15fbf06f867aa4a16a91e396267e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/a2cabe8ffdca7519b0fb0e3ed1fb84e6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/0cb40f46432ae6b473b12488e4eafb43.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/b7fb479a107cba01811b92bf6234d252.jpg

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 01:45 PM
Continued..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/05a0696ad927df3f14db78702c462f09.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/7124d51d52748efbf34776c243c904ae.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/85bf0f48c82277517a81777cd7981b1b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190223/1bcc70956cf850399d852d011a886de0.jpg

rdlangston13
02-23-2019, 01:45 PM
Looking good! So much space for activities!

Time to start peeling warning labels off.

Matt0520
02-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Beautiful!!! I’ll trade you racks :) lol

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 01:57 PM
Looking good! So much space for activities!

Time to start peeling warning labels off.

LMAO!! Definitely space for so many activities!!

You think Rinker’s will peel them before they coat it? I figured they wouldn’t as it might be a liability [emoji53]

larry_arizona
02-23-2019, 02:07 PM
Gorgeous boat!!!

Love the raspberry flake and the khaki interior, peanut butter Rules!!! Lol

Step brothers reference is awesome!!!

You can go peel decals at the dealer.

ghebert1111
02-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Great choice on the interior colors.

DFTR Josh
02-23-2019, 04:42 PM
I'm sure the stoke level is off the charts, congrats again on a fantastic ride.

z28ke
02-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Gorgeous boat, congrats!!!!!

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 07:19 PM
Gorgeous boat!!!

Love the raspberry flake and the khaki interior, peanut butter Rules!!! Lol

Step brothers reference is awesome!!!

You can go peel decals at the dealer.

Thanks! Ya we could pass up those colors when we saw them for 2019!

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 07:20 PM
I'm sure the stoke level is off the charts, congrats again on a fantastic ride.

Ya it is going to be a long 13 days!! Lol

TXSurf4
02-23-2019, 07:20 PM
Gorgeous boat, congrats!!!!!

Thanks!

haknslash
02-23-2019, 09:35 PM
Wow it came out great! Congrats!!

GreersFerryARK
02-24-2019, 10:14 PM
Boat looks awesome !!! Can’t wait for ours to come in!!

TXSurf4
02-25-2019, 01:55 PM
Wow it came out great! Congrats!!

Boat looks awesome !!! Can’t wait for ours to come in!!

Thanks fellas!!

TXSurf4
02-28-2019, 01:17 AM
So we went and did all of the paper work today and are supposed to take delivery on the 8th if everything goes smoothly with coating and tinting.

Also after being inspired by RC_Hinjosa we are getting a price to coat the Bimini Arms and Rev10s with the Cranberry Metal Flake when we take her back for the 20hr service. Not 100% sure if we will have it done but we are really leaning that way!

I also wanted to find out from those of you who got your boats new, did you follow a break-in for the motor and if so what did you do? The Indmar Manual has a detailed 10hr break-in procedure that I was planning on following but wanted to see what you guys did. Any tips or pointers for the break-in? TIA