PDA

View Full Version : 18 Mojo Ballast Sizes

2018MojoPro
12-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Can't find anywhere the breakdown of sizes in each area. I've got the factory belly hard tank, bow bag, and rear locker bags. Anyone know what they are? I'm considering WM upgrade to the dual 1270's, but is it really worth it for $1,000?

RC_Hinojosa
12-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Can't find anywhere the breakdown of sizes in each area. I've got the factory belly hard tank, bow bag, and rear locker bags. Anyone know what they are? I'm considering WM upgrade to the dual 1270's, but is it really worth it for $1,000?

The factory rear bags are 900s, the belly hard tank is 700 and the IBS is 500 for a total of 3,000 lbs factory.

I can't tell you if the WM 1270s are worth a $1,000 for the little bit of storage you'd retain over Enzo 1450s you can get for about $700.

Keep in mind that you are gonna want some more bow weight after upgrading the rears to keep your pitch down and Autowake from dumping your bags to achieve pitch.

I did Enzos and 500lbs of lead I keep completely hidden under the bow cushion and it's been phenomenal.

RC_Hinojosa
12-07-2018, 03:30 PM
How big is your crew typically with this setup?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using TapatalkTypically 4 or 5.

On the days we're rolling 8+ it's a monster [emoji305]

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

2018MojoPro
12-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Thanks RC! Thats the route I’m going then, Enzos, assuming they fit properly in my ‘18 Mojo. At WakeMakers when I enter my bot model, the Enzo’s don’t show up. My crew is typically 4-6 at most, and right now I have the opposite problem, not enough rear weight so front bags wont fill to get pitch. I added 500lbs of lead, almost went 1,000 but I’d rather do bags to dump the weight and not trailer it.

RC_Hinojosa
12-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Thanks RC! Thats the route I’m going then, Enzos, assuming they fit properly in my ‘18 Mojo. At WakeMakers when I enter my bot model, the Enzo’s don’t show up. My crew is typically 4-6 at most, and right now I have the opposite problem, not enough rear weight so front bags wont fill to get pitch. I added 500lbs of lead, almost went 1,000 but I’d rather do bags to dump the weight and not trailer it.

They will fit your Mojo perfectly unless you have a heater. The guys that have heaters fold the heater-side leg a bit.

The guys that gripe that Enzos eat all your storage space I feel are just packing too much shit to begin with. Between my over-engine storage tray and my observer compartment I have plenty room for docking/anchorage gear/jackets, etc.

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-enzo-surf-sac.html

You kinda missed the mark on the black Friday sale but there is a forum discount. They may run something right before Christmas, might wanna monitor the site or you can order directly from FatSac by phone.

You'll also need your vent plugs, quick-connects and I'd reccomend a heat gun to ease the hose off and on the fittings.

2018MojoPro
12-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Crap, I do have the heater option. So its either fold that leg, or see if the 1270's fit with the heater option. So the bag hardware just transfers over to the new bags?

RC_Hinojosa
12-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Crap, I do have the heater option. So its either fold that leg, or see if the 1270's fit with the heater option. So the bag hardware just transfers over to the new bags?The 1270s are the new laser-scanned exact fit bags from WMs, I'd assume they fit with the heater but no harm in calling WM to verify.

You could transfer the existing hardware, most just get new hardware and sell their 900s plug n play.

2018MojoPro
01-26-2019, 01:04 PM
That feeling when boxes from WM show up. Also adding another 10x50lb bags of lead to the 10 already in

2018MojoPro
01-26-2019, 01:47 PM
http://www.mediapeeps.com/images/forums/IMG_0121.jpg

http://www.mediapeeps.com/images/forums/IMG_0123.jpg

chubb
06-09-2019, 11:03 PM
So I got a Moomba Mojo Pro 2018 last year and upgraded the bags to 1100 and I'm still not getting a clean wake and a big enough wake with the push I want. What am I doing wrong. Do I need to upgrade to the enzo 1350s? Also do I need to upgrade the front as well? Please for the people who has figured out the right setting share!! i'm crying w/ frustration....

Usually its one driver and one rider in the boat....

KnoxMojo
06-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Please don't cry..lol...spend the money for Wake Ballast from Dialed Wake or Lead Wake from the company of the same name. You need about 600 pounds to really get you rolling with just a driver and a rider...put 100 up front under the bow filler, 50 to the off side and 450 to the surf side, under the side seats. Fill everything, that should get you the pitch and roll you want with a ton of push.

2018MojoPro
06-10-2019, 12:47 AM
Let me tell you. As a 2018 Mojo Pro owner myself, this boat needed a LOT of weight and really fast boards. I almost sold my boat (literally), but I found a new love for it once I got it dialed. Like you, I ride with 4 people most the time, which means 3 in boat while one surfs. KnoxMojo is right, but I’d say thats the minimum you should add. I had to add 30 bags of lead (1500lbs), and oust my Hyperlite for Doomswells, to finally drop the rope and enjoy a “surf” boat.

I can’t tell you enough how important the board is, and I have Phase 5, Doomswell, and Hyperlite. Brand isnt an issue, they all have good boards, but make sure its sized right for you and your wake. My Phase 5 skim and Doomswell surf board are super fast and super buoyant. The Hyperlite I have (and just gave it another go yesterday) cannot keep up. I couldn’t stay in the pocket yesterday without pumping like a madman. I would still be hating this boat if my WIFE hadn’t talked me into new boards saying that was the problem. My Doomswell and Phase 5 gave me a huuuuge play area, where I could surf waaay back and still get an insane amount if speed to pass the boat if I wanted.

Again, Hyperlite isnt a bad brand, the model I had just wasnt a match for my size and wake. Since we have Pro models, we have upgraded axles on the trailer, so the extra lead weight you now have to tow around is not a problem.

Settings: wake plate at 0 (all the way up), and 60 for surf tab opposite surf side. I dont use autowake, I just fill the bags full till their spitting water out the sides. Try 10.8 mph to start, but now I’m able to go 11.6 and a looong pocket to play in. The pro is a great boat, but truly you have to weight these boats down to get a really nice wave. I also dont fill ballasts all the way if I add friends into the boat, careful to not exceed max weight. You’ve got the bigger bags now, so dont need to add as much lead.

I’d add 20 50lb lead bags, run manual full ballasts, check plates, and run at 10.8 mph if I were you. Then with your fast board, tear it up and have fun.

slowfizzz
09-25-2019, 12:30 AM
My experience with our 2018 Mojo (not pro but has 3k ballast). I am 180 and ride an older CWB Ride (easy board) and Ronix Carbon Thruster - supposed to be cool, but I still like my CWB)

Stock - I could surf but found myself at the back of the boat

Enzo 1450 - definitely better. Buyer beware. Not sure if I was a dumb a_s, but these ripped my starboard side seating support and pushed through the engine wall. It split the bottom C channel holding the wall and simply pushed the seat support out of the way. Bummer. Things seemed to creak more but no known damage. It may have creaked before. I rebuilt but did not like the feeling I could damage. These things hold a lot of water and I did not feel I could fill to capacity.

Wakemakers 1270 + 500 leadwake - better for my psyche. Similar result to the enzo. Still working on "the wave" and lead placement. I have had some human ballast in the back (read bigger people) and wow. Pushing my older 6000 lb hydrohoist (oh no - another upgrade in my future)

I have not experienced the push or pocket some folks talk about on other boats but do not know if it is my lack of knowing what that is, my skill, lack of time (my wife gets bored when I dork around) or ??. I can recover from far back ... sometimes. Could also be that folks that spend $$ have more or just say it. I use autowake and it starts dumping so theoretically, I have ballast in the wrong place. Usually the front side dumps to get more pitch. I am curious is the boat is calibrated as I feel nose high.

No sage wisdom - just my experience. Definitely no problem getting a surfable wave in any configuration and better than my supra 24v sunsport listing to the rub rail.

I am not clear if "the wave" is like searching for perfection on the ocean or $$. Maybe both. Hiho.

I have fun surfing and have never had an issue throwing the rope. Strange, no hand from above has taught me the 360. Probably the boats fault.

I have messed with trim and speed a bit. I find without tabs at full, the surf wave is not as good. Speed helps lengthen the wave. Once again, time and messing with it could help with slower speed and raising the opposite tab to openthe pocket.

I do suggest this thread if you like to geek out on the reality of how things work https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?30060-AutoWake-questions/page12

cardsharp
07-15-2020, 01:00 AM
I know this is a bit of an old thread but I have to reply with my experience. I have a 2019 Mojo with the Wakemaker's ballast upgrade and 150 lbs of lead weight I move around depending on my mood.

With 4 people in the boat and a fast board (Potbelly Cruiser or Inland Surfer Red Rocket or Blue Lake) I can easily find both the front and rear pockets. I'm a big guy and while I've been on bigger waves (that cost 2.5X what my wave cost), I have tons of fun and have no problems at all. With the Wakemaker's upgrade, a couple surf pros on my boat said it was the best wave they've seen on a mojo. So there ya go!