PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

98outback
11-13-2018, 02:38 PM
I have my 2017 moomba in the shop right now for some items you would think would be covered under warranty. Started reading the warranty document on the website and although it’s 5 year not much is covered under it. To many exclusions. We will see what gets covered and what doesn’t.

RC_Hinojosa
11-13-2018, 02:44 PM
I have my 2017 moomba in the shop right now for some items you would think would be covered under warranty. Started reading the warranty document on the website and although it’s 5 year not much is covered under it. To many exclusions. We will see what gets covered and what doesn’t.What kind of issues have you run into with your '17?

I need to drop mine at the dealer for a new head unit, the volume knob stopped working.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
11-13-2018, 02:49 PM
In for list of things not covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98outback
11-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Not sure if they will be covered. Dealer said they don’t think so. My boat is only in the weather when it is in the water on the weekends during the summer. It’s a 2017 Mojo. Purchased end of May 2017.

Center windshield uneven.
Black rubber in frame around glass coming out. Reported this last year.
Front 2 steps on bow the material coming up.
Swim deck pad coming up. Same material as bow.

Also had a chirp sound when accelerating going from reverse to neutral to forward and accelerating. Shaft out of alignment. No problem with this as it states check alignment yearly. I accept this and knew it going in.

Like I said. Not sure what these pads are glued down with but if I had known this I would have reported at beginning of summer before a year was up. Just thought I would wait til end of summer to put it in for these issues.

jason1973
11-13-2018, 05:37 PM
This is discouraging since most of the competition has a 5 yr bumper to bumper from what i understand. Hopefully your dealer is good enough to realize they need to take care of it.

rdlangston13
11-13-2018, 06:29 PM
What kind of issues have you run into with your '17?

I need to drop mine at the dealer for a new head unit, the volume knob stopped working.

Our volume knob is acting up too. I’m not very impressed with the fusion head units at all. Wish the WS one would fit and swap out easily.

98outback
11-13-2018, 06:53 PM
I guess it’s somewhat my fault. Dealer kept telling us 5 year bow to stern but the are so many exclusions. We also got the 2 additional years on power train though since I put a deposit during boat show time.

RC_Hinojosa
11-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Our volume knob is acting up too. I’m not very impressed with the fusion head units at all. Wish the WS one would fit and swap out easily.

Ditto, having issues with the fusion transom remote too...it works in a spotty fashion.

I saw WS has released a new smaller form head unit but Ioses 4 zone control and a bunch of other stuff.

I don't know who else does a transom remote in similar dimensions that wouldn't require mods or a fascia plate of some sort.

98outback
11-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Ditto, having issues with the fusion transom remote too...it works in a spotty fashion.

I saw WS has released a new smaller form head unit but Ioses 4 zone control and a bunch of other stuff.

I don't know who else does a transom remote in similar dimensions that wouldn't require mods or a fascia plate of some sort.

I had a transom remote on our last Supra and had to change it a couple times over the time we had it. Every time they changed the design or size so had to modify fiberglass someway to make them fit. Opted to go without a transom remote this time for that reason.

MJHSupra
11-13-2018, 09:39 PM
I had a transom remote on our last Supra and had to change it a couple times over the time we had it. Every time they changed the design or size so had to modify fiberglass someway to make them fit. Opted to go without a transom remote this time for that reason.

^^ I agree with this. Pain in the butt when they go out. Not a fan.

jph3
11-13-2018, 11:12 PM
Is it the kicker head unit that you guys have? If so, I dealt with Kicker directly and it was a positive experience. Just received a brand new KMC10 a couple days ago actually.

rdlangston13
11-14-2018, 09:58 AM
Is it the kicker head unit that you guys have? If so, I dealt with Kicker directly and it was a positive experience. Just received a brand new KMC10 a couple days ago actually.

It’s the fusion radio. On my helm head unit when I turn the volume knob up the volume just fluctuates 2-3 bars up and down and never really goes anywhere. It does the same thing when turning the volume down.

RC_Hinojosa
11-14-2018, 10:37 AM
It’s the fusion radio. On my helm head unit when I turn the volume knob up the volume just fluctuates 2-3 bars up and down and never really goes anywhere. It does the same thing when turning the volume down.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYep, that's exactly what mines doing.

Now if only Rinker's could just ship us the part without having to drag our boats across town. [emoji2959]

I know, I know.....#FirstWorldProblems

korey
11-14-2018, 12:14 PM
+1 on transom remote problems... The screen stopped working in August on mine, but the buttons and knob still do their job. I actually kind of forgot about that until this thread.

Also, the center section of my windshield is sagging a bit too and the pin in the hinge keeps working it's way out the bottom. My dealer told me in June that they've had a bunch of problems out of windshields in the last couple of years and SC didn't have a good fix for it yet. I figure'd i'd check back after the season was over - so about now...

rdlangston13
11-14-2018, 12:17 PM
+1 on transom remote problems... The screen stopped working in August on mine, but the buttons and knob still do their job. I actually kind of forgot about that until this thread.

Also, the center section of my windshield is sagging a bit too and the pin in the hinge keeps working it's way out the bottom. My dealer told me in June that they've had a bunch of problems out of windshields in the last couple of years and SC didn't have a good fix for it yet. I figure'd i'd check back after the season was over - so about now...

Our pin stick out of the bottom as well but it doesn’t seem to affect the performance of the windshield. I’ve never even given it much thought.

mcjimmy33
11-14-2018, 01:30 PM
My swim pad coming up was covered under warranty. Also had a transom pad covered as well.

98outback
11-14-2018, 05:34 PM
My center windshield is sagging enough that it’s rubbing the gel coat in the side by drivers windshield.

rshook77
11-14-2018, 11:12 PM
+1 on the volume issues with the head unit (2017 Craz). Doing exactly what you guys described. Assuming it will be fixed under warranty..

Our windshield pin also drops out. Interested to see if there is a solution to this..

Ryan
2017 Craz
Houston, TX

rdlangston13
11-15-2018, 09:41 AM
+1 on the volume issues with the head unit (2017 Craz). Doing exactly what you guys described. Assuming it will be fixed under warranty..

Our windshield pin also drops out. Interested to see if there is a solution to this..

Ryan
2017 Craz
Houston, TX

You, me, and RC should all show up at Rinkers on the same day to get this fixed lol

RC_Hinojosa
11-15-2018, 10:55 AM
You, me, and RC should all show up at Rinkers on the same day to get this fixed lol

I'm totally in favor of this....we all show up with the same issue then it isn't open for discussion.

rshook77
11-16-2018, 09:32 AM
Lol...that works for me.

Ryan
2017 Craz
Houston, TX

Broke Pilot
11-16-2018, 12:10 PM
On the windshield issue, that hinge wire should be able to be pushed up and out maybe 1/16”. Have some one hold it on the bottom side with a punch, and take a punch and hammer and hit the wire to slightly mushroom out the top out. That should stop it from sliding down, those wires are not hard, usually pretty soft metal.
That way there’s nothing to grab your hand and hurt anyone, but it shouldn’t slide down.
That would be my fix, and honestly what should have been done from the factory. If it ever needs removed just pull it from the top.

larry_arizona
11-16-2018, 03:26 PM
Is this issue on the Taylor made windshields on the Supras?

TXSurf4
11-16-2018, 04:19 PM
Not trying to hijack the OP's thread but I am in the process of ordering my boat and I have spec'd it with the transom remote, is this a mistake? Is everyone having problems with it and for those that are having problems with it does it affect the function of the main unit? Would you spec it on your next boat? TIA

larry_arizona
11-16-2018, 04:42 PM
Not trying to hijack the OP's thread but I am in the process of ordering my boat and I have spec'd it with the transom remote, is this a mistake? Is everyone having problems with it and for those that are having problems with it does it affect the function of the main unit? Would you spec it on your next boat? TIA

Not sure what boat you are ordering but I HIGHLY recommend the transom remote.

No issues with mine and it’s a great feature.

TXSurf4
11-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Not sure what boat you are ordering but I HIGHLY recommend the transom remote.

No issues with mine and it’s a great feature.

O sorry, I am ordering a Makai. Good to know though, thanks!!

Boonejeepin
11-16-2018, 07:57 PM

No issues with my transom remote. Nice option.

hawgtitan
11-17-2018, 12:07 PM
I had same problem with Fusion transom remote volume fluctuating. 2016 Craz. Replaced under warranty when I had it winterized and serviced this fall. Fusion products have a three year warranty straight from Fusion. My dealership took care of it no questions asked and it fit exactly in spot already there. Not that I have had a bad experience with my boat at all, but from boats, campers and vehicles in the past, I have learned it is better to have a lemon and have a good dealer to work with than to have a good product and a terrible dealer to work with!!

Broke Pilot
11-17-2018, 03:49 PM
So far I haven’t had an issue on my Supra or have I heard of one. Guess it’s just a Moomba thing?

larry_arizona
11-17-2018, 04:07 PM
So far I haven’t had an issue on my Supra or have I heard of one. Guess it’s just a Moomba thing?

I think so. Supra has a JL audio transom remote and Moomba is a fusion TR.

Broke Pilot
11-17-2018, 11:44 PM
No, I was replying to your post a couple ^^ about the windshield. Lol
Too many conversations going now.

Boonejeepin
11-18-2018, 12:59 AM

The windshield pin on my Max slipped down and gouged the gel coat. It was that way at delivery. It is at the dealer now for a touch up.

larry_arizona
11-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Pictures would help to understand the windshield issue.

Boonejeepin
11-18-2018, 04:13 PM
Pictures would help to understand the windshield issue.

Sorry, I don’t have any pics and the boat is currently at the dealer.

zabooda
11-18-2018, 06:29 PM
The windshield separation issue was the biggest problem with Moombas back in 1998 and nothing much said after that until now. The curved windshield top frame would pivot up from vibration and there was only one screw on each side of the mounting to the side frames allowing the frame to pivot on the single screw on each side. The problem was with the observer side windshield and allowed the walk thru windshield to separate on the driver's side. I solved the problem by adding a small screw to the passenger side frame where it connects to the side frame to prevent pivoting. The windshield got out of alignment every time I hit a hard bump and the screw fixed it. Also the inside supports need to be solid with no movement.

98outback
11-19-2018, 08:33 PM
So far they did get the swim pad and the front now step area covered for the pads coming up. Now they are trying to figure out about the window. Luckily I have a great dealership. Next new boat I will read all the exclusions on warranty. They also ordered me the engine tray.

MJHSupra
11-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Good to hear. What dealership?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

98outback
11-19-2018, 11:05 PM
It’s regal nautique of Orlando in Florida.

korey
11-21-2018, 10:10 AM
It’s regal nautique of Orlando in Florida.

I stopped by there when I was burning time in Orlando a month or so ago. Seemed like a great group! Then I went to OWC, had a lesson with Shawn Murray and then hurt myself on the cable park. Good day!

98outback
12-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Just to update. The dealer was able to get everything covered under warranty. Just picked it up today and everything looks good. Also ordered the engine tray while it was there.

Found a new problem today when I got home though while getting g it ready to be put up for the winter. I’m sure others have the same problem and may want to check. Probably applies to more then just the mojo. Port and starboard sundeck cushions are getting a hole worn in them in the exact same place in each side. The cushions are rubbing on the welt cording of the center engine section. I’m going to report it for warranty and see what they decide.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181207/3aaaa7150f97fad2d99b8ac42c82ab02.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181207/d2a431dfa971a975cc9df0ac0afa76d5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181207/7b8180ef4f343a4f6f5a2c3b9e7e2e51.jpg

98outback
12-07-2018, 04:55 PM
This is why.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181207/9a829ee5c9733ea2854b02237eb5adba.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181207/b6bffb80b3ec965633474b9b24887908.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181207/8ef64bbb6044b9764536728f7b1c97a2.jpg

korey
12-10-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't have any issue there, but I have a similar rub where the bow filler cushion meets to starboard seat back. Something just doesn't fit right there. I have not shown it to my dealer yet, so I'll be interested to hear what comes of yours.