PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing

eng208
11-07-2018, 05:47 PM
I am winterizing my 99 Moomba for the first time. I have never had a direct drive before. I ran it with Stabil, fogged the engine and sprayed a little fogging oil in the cylinders. Then I disconnected the pick up hose, inspected the drive cooler, disconnected the raw water pick up hoses and let them drain. Disconnected the rear exhaust riser hoses, then opened and removed the drain plugs in each side of the block. I then blew out all of the openings with a little air. I am pretty confident I got most all of the water out. Is there anything on the Drive Unit that needs to be drained? I saw where the Vdrives had a water line that needs to be drained. I didn't see anything but hydraulic lines going to the tranny cooler.

MLA
11-07-2018, 06:23 PM
Theres almost certainly a trans cooler inline of the raw water supply. They can hold water depending on its orientation.

zabooda
11-07-2018, 07:21 PM
Drain the block. One on each side.
Drain the riser. One on each side.
Pull the J hose.
Blow out the water heater hoses and shower hoses if you have them.

Time consuming but simple.

eng208
11-07-2018, 08:55 PM
No heater or shower. Got the hoses listed. Thanks

DOCDRS
11-07-2018, 09:43 PM
poke a wire into the block drains, sometimes rust and debris accumulation may block these drains. disconnect the lower hose at the impeller if you don't remove the impeller, disconnect the Jtube that runs down to the circulating pump, pull the hose off the low side of the tranny cooler