PDA

View Full Version : 2018 front ballast pump

DaveM
10-24-2018, 04:28 PM
How do you get to the front ballast pump on a 2018 Craz? It's behind the drain plug, so I can see it. Do I need to remove the floor? I wanted to drain it for winterizing. Thought about running pink antifreeze in it, but can't reach it.

flynnva
10-24-2018, 06:00 PM
You can pour the antifreeze into the bow bag through the air bleed valve, it drains into the tank, or you can remove the fill line on the rear of the bow bag (either side) and pour the anti freeze through that hose into the hard tank. Flip the drain switch to pump the antifreeze through the lines and through the pump. I pour 1 gallon in each rear bag and run it thru the lines and rear pumps also.

jcarter20
10-27-2018, 01:56 PM
That is what I did. Since you can’t drain all of the water from the center tank, I dumped 2 gallons of antifeeze in there because it is going to be diluted. Hit the pump and drained it. Then I used a shop vac and sucked from the bottom thru hull fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
10-27-2018, 04:52 PM
Pretty sure the ballast pumps are typically self draining and mounted higher than the low point in the tank.

I noticed my front pumps drain but the hose at the tank at the fitting still has water in it, I added AF but the simply lowered the trailer jack so the water was away from the fitting.

flynnva
10-28-2018, 09:43 PM
Pretty sure the ballast pumps are typically self draining and mounted higher than the low point in the tank.

I noticed my front pumps drain but the hose at the tank at the fitting still has water in it, I added AF but the simply lowered the trailer jack so the water was away from the fitting.

Yeah, the pumps probably drain but still water in the lines. Pump antifreeze from the bag and out the thru hull fitting then anything left behind is diluted enough to not worry about. I've had others tell me nothing is needed but for 10 minutes and $25, I'll keep doing it my way.
1 gallon in each rear bag and 2 gallons through the front bag and into the hard tank, flip the drain switch. I do raise the bow first and run the pumps to make sure I have the bags and tanked drained as much as possible before adding antifreeze.

larry_arizona
10-29-2018, 09:02 AM
Yeah, the pumps probably drain but still water in the lines.

I agree, I could see water in the hose and the tank fitting, lowering the trailer jack cleared the water in the lines.