PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Lake Powell

Cactus371
10-14-2018, 09:22 PM
I’m planning a trip to lake Powell next year. I will be pulling my boat from Houston. Is there any place or places of interest that I should plan on seeing there? Or a nice place to stay that is close to the lake? We are looking into renting a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elevatedconcept
10-14-2018, 09:42 PM
I’m planning a trip to lake Powell next year. I will be pulling my boat from Houston. Is there any place or places of interest that I should plan on seeing there? Or a nice place to stay that is close to the lake? We are looking into renting a house.

If I were making that drive I would go houseboat and it wouldnt even be up for debate. Some think they are a lot of work but I think if done right with a decent size group its a no brainer and super cost effective. The caveat here is if you are going out with a small group. If thats the case then I would stay at a hotel in town at whatever marina you go out of.

Bloooze66
10-15-2018, 12:12 AM
I have spent quite a bit of time on the lake over the last 30 years. This is a phone conversation not a forum post. [emoji6]

Hit me up if you want to talk.

yearround
10-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Lake Powell is best experienced on the water. Houseboat! or if you are really good you could beach camp from you boat, but that is a different kind of fun. I agree with Blooze66 that a phone chat may be better that a forum post. I would share my opinions too. Though all of my experience is from Bullfrog and you would likely be going to Page. DFTR is there a lot, he could offer some stuff too.

But, absolutely go.

Cactus371
10-15-2018, 01:58 PM
Lake Powell is best experienced on the water. Houseboat! or if you are really good you could beach camp from you boat, but that is a different kind of fun. I agree with Blooze66 that a phone chat may be better that a forum post. I would share my opinions too. Though all of my experience is from Bullfrog and you would likely be going to Page. DFTR is there a lot, he could offer some stuff too.

But, absolutely go.

I’m not even sure where we are planning on staying yet.

Cactus371
10-15-2018, 02:04 PM
I have spent quite a bit of time on the lake over the last 30 years. This is a phone conversation not a forum post. [emoji6]

Hit me up if you want to talk.

Pm sent

Cactus371
10-15-2018, 02:05 PM

But, absolutely go.

PM sent

996scott
10-15-2018, 02:30 PM
I've been boating there for 30 yrs as well as a lot of people, shoot me a pm anytime. Houseboating is the best way to go for sure, even with a small group. You would look at Wahweap or Antelope marinas. Both those are close to Page Arizona and a lot of people who don't houseboat will stay in a hotel or home there in town. Camping on the lake is a PITA if you ask me, but some people like it.

DFTR Josh
10-15-2018, 11:51 PM
Man I can go on and on about this lake with fun and exploring.
If your going home/hotel I suggest a AirBNB out of page, you can rent a slip at Antelope Point Marina and have a hell of a time. I want to say I've done most of it, hit me up with questions.

DatTexasBoy
10-16-2018, 09:51 AM
This is definitely on my to do list as well.