PDA

View Full Version : Manifold draining

Karl
10-10-2018, 07:25 PM

Manual for 14 indmar 330 engine shows this pic to drain manifolds. Cant find this on mine tho, just have two hoses at front that T off near v drive. Am i missing somethg? Did they change it up and not update?

Thanks

Stazi
10-10-2018, 07:34 PM
There should be a hose connecting one exhaust manifold to the other. Look again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Karl
10-10-2018, 09:06 PM
There is a hose, but it T's off into a 3 way valve, with small drain hose near V drive. I dont have whats in the pic from manual. Is this the same thing? Just curious cause its pretty diff from whats in manual.

DOCDRS
10-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Some off the pics in the manuals are old. Thats what I had on my 99 outback

Mjhknox
10-11-2018, 12:50 AM
There is a hose, but it T's off into a 3 way valve, with small drain hose near V drive. I dont have whats in the pic from manual. Is this the same thing? Just curious cause its pretty diff from whats in manual.

That pic is a motor that has the quick brass disconnect.

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-hose-exhaust-manifold-cross-over-drain-hose-only.html?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk9_Ppsj93QIVSrjACh1B1AX7EAQYAiAB EgIaSfD_BwE

If you do not have that, the objective is still the same, getting the water out of the exhaust manifolds.
Disconnecting those hoses and putting them lower in the bilge will cause the existing water to run out.

Is that what you found?

Karl
10-11-2018, 07:18 PM
I did exactly that, not much water came out tho. Figured it was the same, but curious since diff and not much water drained out. No other hoses on them tho.
Thanks

twisters6
10-12-2018, 10:36 AM
What is the reason for draining the exhaust manifolds? If there is antifreeze in them for the winter they should be fine correct?

Karl
10-12-2018, 11:54 AM
I don't think everyone fills with antifreeze, a lot of folks simply drain all the water.

MJHSupra
10-13-2018, 11:53 AM
What is the reason for draining the exhaust manifolds? If there is antifreeze in them for the winter they should be fine correct?What Karl said.

Same debate each year on here and on the Supra site:
1) Drain water only
2) Drain water and fill with antifreeze

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
10-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Trying to figure out why you would skip antifreeze if there is any risk of freezing.

Plus the added benefit of corrosion resistance/protection of antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl
10-13-2018, 06:26 PM
Air wont freeze though. I do see the benefit of the rust inhibitors though on your second point. As long as I understand the difference between my setup and what the manual says I'm good with that. Just thought odd that it was different.

MJHSupra
10-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Trying to figure out why you would skip antifreeze if there is any risk of freezing.

Plus the added benefit of corrosion resistance/protection of antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgree 100%. But it's all not created equal b/c cheaper stuff is made w/alcohols that could affect rubber, seals or hose materials over time.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
10-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Propylene glycol FTW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk