PDA

View Full Version : ballast tank failure

strato
10-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know, my ballast tanks won't fill on 2004 Mobius 21'. I can hear both pumps running but no water coming in. I checked under the boat where the water comes in to the pump and it looks clear. Has anyone unscrewed that water filter looking thing on their Moomba ballast lines, mine seems stuck. Thanks.

Stazi
10-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know, my ballast tanks won't fill on 2004 Mobius 21'. I can hear both pumps running but no water coming in. I checked under the boat where the water comes in to the pump and it looks clear. Has anyone unscrewed that water filter looking thing on their Moomba ballast lines, mine seems stuck. Thanks.

Either filter is clogged or the sprinkler valves to allow water into the bag aren’t opening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gregski
10-09-2018, 11:10 AM
The basic idea of your ballast system supply/fill is just like lawn irrigation. The pump supplies the water pressure to the distribution manifold and then each valve is controlled to allow water to enter the ballast bag. For draining, each bag has a smaller, dedicated pump. Do you know how to manually activate a sprinkler valve? That would be the easy way to check them. I think these have the little black lever switch (but could be the thumbscrew kind). I'd turn on switch, hear the pump run and then try to manually open the valve. (The solenoids on these valves don't last forever, any hardware store would have a replacement if that's the issue)