PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Fulton Jack..

996scott
10-03-2018, 11:51 AM
I need to replace my original jack on my 07 LSV trailer. It is the swivel kind. I have read about the double wheel ones but it sounds like a lot of people think the single wheel one is a good option. I found the Fulton XLT model but am unsure if that will just attach directly on to the existing welded on swivel that is there or do i have to buy the "adapter" as well?

Broke Pilot
10-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Buy the adapter either way and get a jack that mounts to it. The swivel bolt style are a ticking time bomb as it is IMO. It failed on my 06 trailer right after we bought the boat.
The adapter mount is much much stronger.

sandm
10-03-2018, 01:08 PM
buy the adapter. don't remember where I got mine for the '06 but seems it was either on here or ebay.
I started with the dual wheel fulton and broke one of the wheels the second week. went back to a single wheel version. I think it was because I was able to move the single axle trailer around a lot by hand and the dual wheel really doesn't do that well.

Broke Pilot
10-03-2018, 01:24 PM
I forgot, I got mine on amazon. The adapter was super cheap. I tho k I bought the jack thru west marine on sale

RC_Hinojosa
10-03-2018, 01:44 PM
I need to replace my original jack on my 07 LSV trailer. It is the swivel kind. I have read about the double wheel ones but it sounds like a lot of people think the single wheel one is a good option. I found the Fulton XLT model but am unsure if that will just attach directly on to the existing welded on swivel that is there or do i have to buy the "adapter" as well?

Here is the adapter if you want to switch to the Fulton F2: https://www.boatmateparts.com/product_details.php?itmId=59

I got the F2 from Overton's a while back when they had a good sale.

The F2 is awesome with the swivel T handle, built in wheel stop and way less cranks for movement...

996scott
10-03-2018, 06:10 PM
Ok, thanks for the info guys. So does Fulton make a jack that can be just bolted right on to the existing swivel?

Broke Pilot
10-03-2018, 10:08 PM
I believe they do... but I’d recommend against it. If you’re changing the jack it’s worth it to get away from that factory swivel mount. When it breaks, you can’t easily replace it anyway.
Also, check out eTrailer. They make an adapter for the Fulton jack too, I think it’s cheaper than the Fulton.

jzelt
10-04-2018, 09:40 PM
Replaced mine this summer directly by removing the nut with Fulton Xlt Jack from e trailer.
Night and day difference with grease fittings built in.
I did get the replacement gears to rebuild the original one that blew up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk