PDA

View Full Version : LLTR Question

Ed_Geary
09-20-2018, 01:58 PM
LLTR - bet there are many members on here who have no idea what that stands for.

My question - does the Roo logo exist on any of the newer Moomba models or is it gone?

jmvotto
09-20-2018, 02:39 PM
its been gone on the boats logo since 2009 and I think on the steering wheel 2012 was the last year

sandm
09-20-2018, 09:31 PM
change is inevitable. although roo was the mascot for many a boats over the years most of the new surf barges today never see a slalom set so it makes sense that he's "retired".

perhaps skiers should have reinvented him from a slalom roo to a surfing roo.....

larry_arizona
09-20-2018, 09:36 PM
Just a wild ass guess...... Long Live the Roo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed_Geary
09-21-2018, 10:22 AM
"Just a wild ass guess...... Long Live the Roo?" you are correct! Kaneboats uses that in his signature.

At one time the slalom Roo was changed to a wakeboarding Roo.

Roo was the creation of "Erny", SC's graphic artist.

I think it was doomed to be phased out after he was laid off.

Does Moomba still follow an Australian theme? "No Worries" and all that - or is that pretty much gone too?

larry_arizona
09-21-2018, 10:45 AM
"Just a wild ass guess...... Long Live the Roo?" you are correct! Kaneboats uses that in his signature.

Does Moomba still follow an Australian theme? "No Worries" and all that - or is that pretty much gone too?

Moomba should have a model special edition called the “Ned Kelly”

Ed_Geary
09-21-2018, 11:05 AM
The "Bush Ranger"

bjrow
09-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Bloody kangaroos, most stupid animal here IMO, worse than sheep.
Have to look out for them every night driving home, they see a car they'll most likely jump out into its path or into your door.
Replaced my wifes FJ cruiser front bumper 1 mth ago after she collected one, had to straighten the bull bar out also but all good. Bush Ranger sounds better, Ned apparently had his shootout 100 kays or so up the road from here. Bit off topic..as you were.
Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.

MJHSupra
09-22-2018, 09:31 AM
I remember everyone calling them “bouncer bars” when I was over there. “Bounces the Roos off the front of the vehicles . . . mate”

zabooda
09-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Besides the roo was Kokapelli on a wake board shown on the aft end. All gone soon after. The roo did transform from a water skier to a wake boarder.

kaneboats
09-24-2018, 11:57 AM

Huh? Say what???