PDA

View Full Version : I am so confused!!

TobesDubai
11-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I am about to run my XLV GG in salt water and I am told a flush kit is sufficient and some say no way I need a Closed cooling system or even both.

What do I do?

If I flush her every time she is used and trailer her out to flush the exhaust every week or two will this be enough??

Also the cooling kit from Orca is 1,300 US plus shipping to Dubai, does any one know some were cheaper I can get one of these cooling systems??

Also the boat Is still on her way to me in Dubai and I cant order any parts as I don’t know the pipe dimensions, does any one know what the sizes are for a 2004 XLV GG?? (For Flush Kit and Cooling System)

Engine Nut
11-12-2006, 03:56 PM
I am about to run my XLV GG in salt water and I am told a flush kit is sufficient and some say no way I need a Closed cooling system or even both.

What do I do?

If I flush her every time she is used and trailer her out to flush the exhaust every week or two will this be enough??

Also the cooling kit from Orca is 1,300 US plus shipping to Dubai, does any one know some were cheaper I can get one of these cooling systems??

Also the boat Is still on her way to me in Dubai and I cant order any parts as I don’t know the pipe dimensions, does any one know what the sizes are for a 2004 XLV GG?? (For Flush Kit and Cooling System)

If you are going to be running in salt water more than 25% of the time, fresh water cooling is a MUST! If your engine has the one piece aluminum exhaust manifolds, the water needs to be drained from them after each use in salt water ... even if you flush it after each use. The closed cooling kits that Indmar sells are from Orca and are designed to fit your engine. Installation on a V-drive engine after the engine has been installed in the boat is not an easy task.

dmgx
11-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Tobes, you have it from the top. Mr. Englebert is the engine guru. We are lucky to have him on the board. Jay Warren

Ed_Geary
04-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Saw that someone was looking at this post and thought I would bump it up.

Jay Warren was SC's Marketing Manager for a long while and a great friend to all who had the pleasure of associating with him.

He passed away due to complications during surgery.

May he rest in peace.