PDA

View Full Version : Autowake Inclinometer Backwards?

raffracing
09-09-2018, 11:30 AM
New 2018 Craz. Took the boat out last night to learn autowake and I think something is off. I set it to wakeboard autowake and it was trying to hit a value of positive 8% pitch (bow in the air) but the actual values were showing negative like the bow is submarining! The bow was definitely up in the positive direction but autowake thought different. I feel like the sensor may be installed backwards. Has anyone ever seen this on their boat?

It was just my wife and 3 year old in the boat. I even got them out and followed the calibration instructions. Same results after. Surf autowake yielded the same issue.

I have the dealer looking into it and they are awesome but it’s Sunday and I’m eager to figure this out! Haha

Stazi
09-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Dive dive dive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
09-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Unscrew and rotate it.

raffracing
09-09-2018, 08:25 PM
That’s what I figured I would try. Seems like it has to be in backwards. Wasn’t able to get to it today before we hit the water. I’ll have to try it later this week.

korey
09-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Could you tell if it responded in the right direction? try changing the wake plate and see if the numbers go more negative or approach zero (more positive). If they're following the right direction, you just have a calibration issue (common, I've re calibrated mine 2x this year but I trailer a lot). if they follow backwards - more negative with the bow MORE in the air, you're probably on to to something with the inclinometer.

raffracing
09-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Definitely more negative with the bow more in the air. I'm now 99.7% certain it is in there backwards! Simple enough fix. I'll swap it and head out to the lake this week for a quick test. Keep you posted.

korey
09-10-2018, 05:51 PM
The notification email for your response ring in my pocket literally as I was sitting in the floor of my boat cleaning up. You're 100% right, your sensor is backwards.

Front is right in my photo, it rotated weird on upload.

jimmygjr
09-10-2018, 07:37 PM
I would check the calibration before anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

raffracing
09-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Jimmygir- Tried calibration first. Same results.

Korey- Thank you! I have a lake 15 mins from my house so I'm going to rotate and then test it. Unfortunately won't be tonight but possibly tomorrow! Was also thinking I could turn it on in my shop and just lift the front of the trailer and watch that it corresponds correctly. Keep you posted.

raffracing
09-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Ok- 100% was in backwards. Thanks for your help Korey! Lifted the tongue of the trailer up in the air and numbers went negative. Lowered it and it went positive. Switched it 180 degrees and everything now reacts the way it should! I’ll have to re calibrate one last time and then we can play with Autowake! I was able to get a pretty good wave without it, but will be good to try and use it since I paid for it! Haha

Stazi
09-11-2018, 05:46 AM
Make sure left and right roll are correct!

raffracing
09-11-2018, 10:41 AM
I tilted the sensor in my hand left to right and it responded correctly. Will be getting the boat on the water tonight or tomorrow to calibrate and confirm everything but I think it’s all good now.