PDA

View Full Version : Considering 06 XLV, thoughts?

mts04
08-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Considering an 06 XLV as my first inboard wake boat for sale local to me. Ballast system I read could use some help in the pump department. Any issues with engine reliability? Plan on going for a look in person soon.

https://www.candlewoodeast.com/new-models/2006-moomba-xlv-gg-coming-soon-brookfield-ct-06804-2425452i

Stazi
08-20-2018, 05:05 PM
Lotta hours but the price is OK.

I would look at a the vinyl super closely and as long as it’s not shit it would be a decent deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yearround
08-20-2018, 05:17 PM
I am thinking that 461 hours is not so much for a 12 year old boat. (my 08 has 777.7) hope the vinyl has been replaced, or you can plan on needing to do that. the ballast system probably needs some help if it is the G3 from new. but it is a functional system that works. It probably has moomba cruise, it is fine.

the pricing seems pretty good, if i was a buyer. or maybe a reality check to me who is hoping to get a bit more than that when i sell next year.

gregski
08-21-2018, 12:47 PM
Is the '06 XLV the same "generation" as the '06 LSV? I believe so, but hopefully someone can confirm. Certainly the hull design is. Is it the throttle body or multi-point fuel injection? I'm thrown off by that engine cover.

Overall, it looks pretty nice. In my opinion, 460 hours is on the low side, but at worst it's "mid-life" for a boat. There are similar LSV's with some customization listing for more and the XLV's don't come around as frequently. It seems like a nice boat from the posting.