PDA

View Full Version : Removing upholstery on engine cover

Tbakes22
08-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Hey,

So I have a Moomba Mobius LSV 2013. I really hate that all the access to the inside of the boat is over padding.... I can see it ripping very soon! Any way I would like to know if anyone has removed the upholstery on the engine cover and replaced it with gatorstep or SeaDek?

Thanks,

Jeepers
08-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Iíve never heard of anyone doing that. It think it look like crap. That upholstery is just covering some ugly looking panels. It would like a couple doors with some really nice gatorstep on Ďem. In addition the foam padding and upholstery seal the area. I would think without it the engine noise would be quite loud.

I have an 08and havenít had any issues with it. I donít access the engine compartment but maybe a couple times per year.

If you pull the trigger, Iíd be interested in some pics and a review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tbakes22
08-21-2018, 10:43 AM
Iíve never heard of anyone doing that. It think it look like crap. That upholstery is just covering some ugly looking panels. It would like a couple doors with some really nice gatorstep on Ďem. In addition the foam padding and upholstery seal the area. I would think without it the engine noise would be quite loud.

I have an 08and havenít had any issues with it. I donít access the engine compartment but maybe a couple times per year.

If you pull the trigger, Iíd be interested in some pics and a review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Youíre probably right... maybe Iíll scale it down a bit. Something more like the engine covers on the new Supraís

Jeepers
08-21-2018, 01:41 PM
I have thought about having a walkway built down the middle. Somehow youíd have to build up the walkway higher. Iíd be interested in seeing any ideas.

The walkway sounds like a great mod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro