PDA

View Full Version : for those who upgraded to 1450#enzos

Isaguel
08-15-2018, 10:27 PM
Would like to get opinions. I upgraded to the Enzo's this year and Holy Cow! the boat is throwing a monster wave. My kids can double surf. Best money I've spent on that boat. Problem is, I feel like the boat struggles, almost like the prop "slips" initially on takeoff and then once its going its fine. I'm thinking I may need a different pitch prop with all the extra weight. I have the 400 engine. Any thoughts? Has anyone tried replacing prop?
I weigh the boat down with both rear bags and front ballasts full to 100%. THe enzos fit pretty well so I'm guessing I'm getting pretty close to the rated 1450 lbs/bag. So close to 3900#'s total.

Love the wake though!

RC_Hinojosa
08-16-2018, 07:42 AM
Do you have the stock prop or did you opt for the wake prop?

I have the OJ 945 15x13 prop and have no issues with 4600#s between Enzos & lead.

MLA
08-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Id go up up diameter, as well as a pitch adjustment. This adds surface for better speed holding, less slip and counters the RPM increase you get from just a drop in pitch.

corvette8189
08-16-2018, 11:29 AM
I have the enzos plus lead. You'll want to upgrade your prop. I'm running the Acme 2775 which was recommended.

mattsask
08-16-2018, 03:49 PM
I run the oj 945 Also, but would like something more aggressive. Priorities....

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Isaguel
08-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Do you have the stock prop or did you opt for the wake prop?

I have the OJ 945 15x13 prop and have no issues with 4600#s between Enzos & lead.

I'm running the stock prop. I have the surf edition.
But thanks everyone for the input, it sounds like the extra weight calls for a different prop.

I've also been thinking bout adding lead, 200 front and 400# back. Any suggestions where to put it? The rear lockers are pretty full with the Enzo's. Not sure where to hide them in the front.
I would like to add the lead but keep them inconspicuous, out of the way.
WHere did u buy the lead?

The other mod I'm looking into is upgrading the tabs to the 2.0's. I think that'll clean the goofy side wake. I'm contacting Wakeland MFG tomorrow. I spoke to one of the reps and he gave me another guys name to talk to. I've read some threads showing great results with the upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 surf tabs.

RC_Hinojosa
08-16-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm running the stock prop. I have the surf edition.
But thanks everyone for the input, it sounds like the extra weight calls for a different prop.

I've also been thinking bout adding lead, 200 front and 400# back. Any suggestions where to put it? The rear lockers are pretty full with the Enzo's. Not sure where to hide them in the front.
I would like to add the lead but keep them inconspicuous, out of the way.
WHere did u buy the lead?

I got mine from LeadWake...buy 9, get the 10th free, free shipping and choices of colors.

I keep 400lbs under my bow filler cushion in the front and 100lbs surfside under the sliding bench. Can't see any of it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk