PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Boatmate Mojo trailer

jbauer
08-14-2018, 07:31 PM
Front wheels on trailer off the ground when boat not on the trailer and wondering if anyone knows what is going on? This buckle that attaches both leaf springs seems to not be level causing things to be out of wack. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/bcade17132b4fb77222e52ba6d67279f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98outback
08-14-2018, 08:33 PM
Do these trailers not come with torsion anymore?

Stazi
08-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Do these trailers not come with torsion anymore?

I think only the singles are torsion

Mwcraz
08-14-2018, 08:59 PM
Mine is torsion and a double. I think it comes when you upgrade to 18” wheels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

larry_arizona
08-14-2018, 09:40 PM
2018 boatmates are all torsion, single, double or triple

jcarter20
08-14-2018, 09:57 PM
2018 boatmates are all torsion, single, double or triple

Not true. It was an upgrade on my Moomba. I was told by my dealer there have been so many problems that they did not recommend them anymore. I have leaf springs on my 18 boatmate for my Craz. As for the pic above, I have no idea. I better pic of the front leaf spring would help.

larry_arizona
08-14-2018, 09:59 PM
I stand corrected, 2018 boatmate for Supras are torsion.

jbauer
08-14-2018, 10:38 PM
I stand corrected, 2018 boatmate for Supras are torsion.

It is a pic of the equalizer that us between the front and rear axel’s.

Broke Pilot
08-14-2018, 10:55 PM
Once you put the boat on the trailer it should level out. With no load there’s nothing for the shackles to equalize. You probly rolled over a ledge without the boat, it shoved the front wheels up and you have no weight to push it back down.

jbauer
08-24-2018, 11:36 PM
Can someone post a pic of their dual axle trailer center level link? Trying to figure out what it should look like.

Broke Pilot
08-25-2018, 11:27 PM
Did you put the boat on the trailer? It should have leveled out with a load on it

mmandley
08-30-2018, 11:58 PM
Front wheels on trailer off the ground when boat not on the trailer and wondering if anyone knows what is going on? This buckle that attaches both leaf springs seems to not be level causing things to be out of wack. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/bcade17132b4fb77222e52ba6d67279f.jpg

There is a problem here and putting the boat back on isn't the solution. I have the same leaf springs on my Mojo trailer.

They went back to using Leafs because of all the torsion axle problems but its still an option on the Mojos, just a lot of people didn't opt for it.
Mine was one of the very first 13s and has all the new 13 options, along with almost every option allowed, but the Leafs were left on. I think they ride a TON nicer then Torsion axles, having pulled boats with both. They squeak a lot more at the boat ramp but when going over bumps and such the boat has a lot more of a suspension and rides a lot smother IMO.

I can get you pics of what they should look like, you can PM my your number and i can text them to you.

Broke Pilot
09-02-2018, 05:16 PM
The problem is that center rocker link is either too tight (maybe seized) or needs to be greased and reset. On a lot of heavy duty utility and horse trailers that is a greasable bolt.
With no load on the trailer that link should be relatively level.
If you put a load on it that will reset it.
Like I said, what probly happened was he drug it unloaded over a bump and the front wheels pushed up and stayed there. With no load to push them back down he’s a 2 wheeler for now. Lol
If you were to push down on the back of the trailer the rear axles will rise pushing the link and the wheels down in the front. It happens a lot on my car hauler when it gets towed empty since it’s got massive springs and made for ridiculous loads.
I like torsion trailers, they’re smoother. But the failure rate is kinda high. A link leaf system is set and forget for the most part. Also much easier to work on and replace parts when needed.