PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Moomba Getting hot

23 Shinkle
08-11-2018, 08:20 PM
I took boat out today. Start it in the water on the ramp unhook ideal around temp gauge gets over 200 I wanna say it was at 220 maybe 230 then check engine light comes on blinking. So I shut it off let it cool down then try it again same thing. Then I just put it back on trailer. Not really sure what problem is. Guy I bought it from says he has it serviced every year fluids changed. It has 190 hrs on it. Any ideas that would help.

jcarter20
08-11-2018, 08:41 PM
Check your book, but I would guess you have a 160 degree thermostat. You should stay around that especially sitting at the dock. Mine get a little over that at times. I would check the impeller. If that looks good, then I would say you need a new thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stazi
08-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Check the impeller and maybe a clogged intake water filter/screen, if it has one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 Shinkle
08-11-2018, 09:26 PM
I think that’s where I will start with checking the screen and changing the thermostat and impeller. Does anyone know where I could get part numbers for thermostat and impeller?

Stazi
08-11-2018, 10:35 PM
I think that’s where I will start with checking the screen and changing the thermostat and impeller. Does anyone know where I could get part numbers for thermostat and impeller?

Go to skidim.com.

23 Shinkle
08-12-2018, 02:01 PM
I think I found the problem not sure if picture is going to work The guy told me he had it serviced and impeller changed every year I am starting to think he done nothing to the boat. 27487

jcarter20
08-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Uh....yeah. Unless it has been started up and ran dry I find it hard to believe that has been replaced. Hopefully you don’t have rubber crap throughout your cooling system. That happened to my dads old Rinker and it took an entire year to get it flushed out properly. I would replace and run it on a fake a Lake to make sure it is cooling properly.

zabooda
08-12-2018, 05:48 PM
It has been years since that boat saw a new impeller. I'd say about 5 years at least.

Stazi
08-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Check in the oil cooler down stream from the pump. You might find that some if not all of the impeller blades might be still trapped in that

SorryCharlie
08-13-2018, 09:23 AM
Check in the oil cooler down stream from the pump. You might find that some if not all of the impeller blades might be still trapped in that

Where exactly is that? I had an impeller break and only 2 blades were still attached when I pulled it. Thanks.

Stazi
08-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Follow the outlet hose from the pump and you will see it go into a black cylindrical metal (its brass painted black) piece that also has a separate set of inlet and outlet connections that the oil goes through. It’s not far from the pump. If you unhook the water inlet hose from the inlet side of the oil cooler and fish around inside it you may find the pieces sitting there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AtTheRiver
08-16-2018, 10:34 AM
I am not a fan of those black (nitrile?) impellers. It costs extra but I always run Globe Run Dry Blue impellers which last way longer. You can get them here and other online retailers. https://search.defender.com/?expression=Globe

DOCDRS
08-16-2018, 07:58 PM
that impeller was run dry, and or the boat run thru sh*tty water. check the tranny cooler as above. I doubt there is a water strainer. My impeller is on its 5th year and temp hold steady at 160- 166. It only runs dry at the beginning of the season start up till it sucks water. I have a strainer that has a bit of debris in it at the end of the season as i run in clear canadian water

LakePerson1952
08-27-2018, 02:15 PM
I agree with others that the impeller is the first thing to look at. If the impeller looks OK check to be sure the metal impeller doesn't spin with the actual impeller not spinning ... this happened to me and the dealer said he had never seen anything like that.