PDA

View Full Version : Almost a new MOOMBA owner

Boatin
08-08-2018, 11:41 PM
Hey everyone! New guy here.. Figured I would join up. I am getting ready to order a brand new Moomba CRAZ. I am hearing nothing but positive reviews from people and dealers about the new 2019's. I am coming form a 2016 Sanger V215 which I love it is built like a tank and handles like a dream on the water has great craftsmanship... BUT within the last year the wife and I have been doing way more surfing and wishing we had more free-board and "Surfing tech" with the boat. So I am nervous and excited at the same time I am getting rid of a really nice boat and hoping this new 2019 Moomba is a significant upgrade (Which I am hearing it is). So on that note can anyone recommend anything I should have on the build list when I go to finalize it with my dealer? Thanks all! Glad to be here!

Stazi
08-09-2018, 07:39 AM
Get the 1280 rear bags from wakemakers, I don’t think the dealer will do it. But as for build options make sure you get the surf prop (15x13), and the Auto Flow and Autowake 2.0 options.

If you really wanted to go all in, get the Craz Pro, it had the Flow 3.0 plates that are only available on the Pro models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
08-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Hey everyone! New guy here.. Figured I would join up. I am getting ready to order a brand new Moomba CRAZ. I am hearing nothing but positive reviews from people and dealers about the new 2019's. I am coming form a 2016 Sanger V215 which I love it is built like a tank and handles like a dream on the water has great craftsmanship... BUT within the last year the wife and I have been doing way more surfing and wishing we had more free-board and "Surfing tech" with the boat. So I am nervous and excited at the same time I am getting rid of a really nice boat and hoping this new 2019 Moomba is a significant upgrade (Which I am hearing it is). So on that note can anyone recommend anything I should have on the build list when I go to finalize it with my dealer? Thanks all! Glad to be here!

A little more coin but they have the Craz Pro for 2019. If it fits your budget I would look long and hard at it.

DFTR Josh
08-09-2018, 09:29 AM

A little more coin but they have the Craz Pro for 2019. If it fits your budget I would look long and hard at it.

RC_Hinojosa
08-09-2018, 11:11 AM
If not going the Craz Pro route I would get : G6 ballast, AutoWake, Wake Prop, and get your dealer to swap bags for Enzos. On your trailer, get the transom steps.

parrothd
08-09-2018, 11:15 AM
If not going the Craz Pro route I would get : G6 ballast, AutoWake, Wake Prop, and get your dealer to swap bags for Enzos. On your trailer, get the transom steps.

Transom steps should be required.. Lol

jcarter20
08-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Agree with all the above. The G6 ballast and Bimini with board storage is a must in my opinion. I also ordered mine without Wakeboard/ surf racks and ordered the PTM clamps separately. They are a lot of coin, but I didn’t like my boards bouncing around. They direct bolt to the Moomba tower. I also like the Gator step flooring. It is so nice to just hose it down and scrub it when it gets dirty and not have to worry about drying it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parrothd
08-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Agree with all the above. The G6 ballast and Bimini with board storage is a must in my opinion. I also ordered mine without Wakeboard/ surf racks and ordered the PTM clamps separately. They are a lot of coin, but I didn’t like my boards bouncing around. They direct bolt to the Moomba tower. I also like the Gator step flooring. It is so nice to just hose it down and scrub it when it gets dirty and not have to worry about drying it out.

I'm gonna rip the gator step crap out, it's on my walkway and platform, can't stand how hit it gets. Hydroturf may not look as nice but sure works better.

parrothd
08-09-2018, 12:17 PM

I'm gonna rip the gator step crap out, it's on my walkway and platform, can't stand how hot it gets. Hydroturf may not look as nice but sure works better.

korey
08-09-2018, 12:44 PM
I was pretty excited about the Craz pro too but as I started trying to figure out what you really get, It's loosing it's luster for me. Basically, the difference between a fully loaded Mojo and Mojo Pro for '18 is like $6-8k. For that you get Flow 3.0, graphics that I really don't like (probably not a popular opinion here), and a few other lighting and color accents and stuff that you can't add to a non-pro boat?

The others have covered the must have options pretty well. This thread made me realize that I DO have the upgraded prop (15x13). I didn't MEAN to order that, but now that I ahve it I'm more than happy with it! The boat gets on plain with as much weight as I want and still runs almost 40 unloaded!

DFTR Josh
08-09-2018, 01:24 PM
I was pretty excited about the Craz pro too but as I started trying to figure out what you really get, It's loosing it's luster for me. Basically, the difference between a fully loaded Mojo and Mojo Pro for '18 is like $6-8k. For that you get Flow 3.0, graphics that I really don't like (probably not a popular opinion here), and a few other lighting and color accents and stuff that you can't add to a non-pro boat?

The others have covered the must have options pretty well. This thread made me realize that I DO have the upgraded prop (15x13). I didn't MEAN to order that, but now that I ahve it I'm more than happy with it! The boat gets on plain with as much weight as I want and still runs almost 40 unloaded!

Flow 3.0 is what I really like about the Pro! I really like the look of the Craz Pro and it's a plus to me. With the added 2019 options you can almost build a Pro equipped boat except the tower and surf system I would guess.

Jeepers
08-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Congratulations! The Craz is my dream boat!

You’ll be very happy with Skier’s Choice! There isn’t another manufacturer who cares about and supports their customers! Even guys like me who are still rockin an old 08 LSV!

As for the forum, you’ll find a tremendous amount of support from our giant and growing family!

Welcome aboard! Please keep us updated on the process and don’t forget to include many pics!

Don’t be shy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeepers
08-09-2018, 09:13 PM
So the 19 Craz Pro doesn’t come with Flow 3.0 dual actuator blades?

Stazi
08-09-2018, 09:37 PM
So the 19 Craz Pro doesn’t come with Flow 3.0 dual actuator blades?

Yes it does. Only the Pro’s come with the 3.0 double hinged plates

Jeepers
08-09-2018, 09:45 PM
That’s what I thought.

jph3
08-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Does anyone have pics of Flow 1, 2 and 3 for comparison?

larry_arizona
08-09-2018, 09:51 PM
Is flow 3.0 and Swell surf 3.0 the same?

Stazi
08-09-2018, 09:59 PM

That I’m not sure of. I can tell you that the swell system 2.0 plates look completely different to the Moomba Flow 2.0 plates though. Different actuator angles, plate shape, everything

Broke Pilot
08-09-2018, 10:07 PM

No, moomba Pro’s only get the double hinged flow 3.0.
The Supra swell 3.0, it just looks like the plates are moved further back off the hull than my 2.0. There’s also a little bit of water flow directors on them.

Fat-chance
08-09-2018, 10:14 PM
27463These are the 1.0 plate and 2.0 plate

jcarter20
08-09-2018, 10:21 PM
I'm gonna rip the gator step crap out, it's on my walkway and platform, can't stand how hot it gets. Hydroturf may not look as nice but sure works better.

Do you have the snap out Gator step? I noticed the 17’s were darker than my 18. At least the two the dealer had when I ordered my boat were. Also, mine is not the snap out type. My Gator step doesn’t get that hot in my opinion. Now the silver seat fabric is hot
As sh*t!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/a673c56f7469ed45f0fd7b321ce18b95.jpg

Stazi
08-10-2018, 06:26 AM
I have the snap out Gator Step in my 17 Craz and it is hot as hell.

RC_Hinojosa
08-10-2018, 08:37 AM

Ditto!!! I wish I had like a monster size EZup for when I'm cleaning and detailing the interior. It doesn't take much direct TX sun for it to become scorching. I guess on the bright side, it dries fast so it never gets that wet dog smell.

korey
08-10-2018, 10:34 AM
I ditto what jcarter said. On my '18, the gatorstep (not snap in but glued down) is about the only cool surface on my boat!
https://i.imgur.com/AMTcvTw.jpg

BrettLee3232
08-10-2018, 11:57 AM

I may be mistaken but that’s the old shit, made my the same manufacturer who somehow through it was a good idea to put flaming hot black rubber on the swim deck. In 18 they switched to gatorstep who made their product with snaps (just like the 17s) but with gatorstep material. They also did the adhesive “normal gatorstep” as well

Cody
08-10-2018, 03:32 PM
The stock non-skid stuff gets really hot. We had GatorStep installed and it's much better. Don't confuse the 17-prior non-skid with GatorStep.

Boatin
08-10-2018, 11:15 PM
So all in all is it worth the extra coin to have the gator step material or just stick with the snap in carpet? I thought I wanted gator step but after reading some of these comments on it im on the fence. And thanks for all the great comments on what to add on the order im for certain going to get the surf system stuff and the craz pro is a bit out of the price range.

jcarter20
08-11-2018, 07:21 AM
So all in all is it worth the extra coin to have the gator step material or just stick with the snap in carpet? I thought I wanted gator step but after reading some of these comments on it im on the fence. And thanks for all the great comments on what to add on the order im for certain going to get the surf system stuff and the craz pro is a bit out of the price range.

Personally, I will never go back to carpet. I would say yes it is worth it. I think everyone who says it is hot had the older stuff, which was a snap out non-skid floor. I didn’t even think that was made by Gator Step, but you could double check with your dealer on that. I hate carpet because it stays wet longer. I would always wet vac my carpet after each trip to keep it from smelling. This stuff drys in no time and it is easy to maintain. Plus it looks much better. The used to put the Moomba logo in the carpet, but now it is just a big ass plain rug. That was my other deciding factor. I have had a lot of different groups of people on my boat and every single one has commented on how they like my floor.

KnoxMojo
08-11-2018, 06:21 PM
I don't like seadeck, gator, any of that stuff. Gets hot, gets slick, punctures easy. Give me nice plush carpet any day in boat and leave the nonskid stuff on the gunnels and topsides.

stevemarich
08-11-2018, 07:04 PM
I like the carpet on deck, but definitely get the gator step for the bow, and gunnels. I cam from a 2016 V215 to a 17 Craz. And love it, the sanger was built like a tank and craftsmanship was a little better with the sanger, and handled like a dream, but its hard to beat the free board and wider beam of the Craz vs the v215, you shouldn't be disappointed at all.

Boatin
08-11-2018, 08:50 PM
I am curious, with gator step what do you usually use to clean it?

jcarter20
08-11-2018, 09:27 PM
I am curious, with gator step what do you usually use to clean it?

Just soap and water. If you get a hard to clean spot I have used Spray 9, which is a degreaser. I really haven’t had trouble keeping it clean, and trust me, I am a clean nut! One more note, one of my friends has a slightly darker grey Sea Deck than I do, and I did notice his got hot. So, I could see where people have formed that opinion. As long as they didn’t change colors from 18 to 19 you shouldn’t have to worry about that.

BrettLee3232
08-11-2018, 09:30 PM
OP, go in any boat with gatorstep and then sit in a boat with carpet. Carpet is hotter than BLACK gatorstep. Carpet sucks & smells. Gatorstep feels way better on your feet. Did I mention it doesn’t smell? Oh and gatorstep doesn’t suck. PS carpet smells like wet asshole.

Stazi
08-11-2018, 10:36 PM
Whoever first decided carpet was a good idea for boats is a dipshit.

KnoxMojo
08-11-2018, 11:03 PM
I guess I am just a huge dummy as we love the carpet underfoot. Seadeck and gator and all that other stuff sucks inside the boat. Odd, I've had carpet in all my wake boats for over a decade, never had that wet dog smell. Are y'all spilling beer everywhere or peeing on it? lol... I let it dry some, the cover has vents, cover it, never had an issue. Yeah, the non skid feels good on very mild days, in the shade, but that's about it. It gets so hot and then slick when wet..pass! But that is why they have options, not everyone is the same. I do like that stuff on the gunnels and bow, but that's it.

BrettLee3232
08-11-2018, 11:19 PM
I guess I am just a huge dummy as we love the carpet underfoot. Seadeck and gator and all that other stuff sucks inside the boat. Odd, I've had carpet in all my wake boats for over a decade, never had that wet dog smell. Are y'all spilling beer everywhere or peeing on it? lol... I let it dry some, the cover has vents, cover it, never had an issue. Yeah, the non skid feels good on very mild days, in the shade, but that's about it. It gets so hot and then slick when wet..pass! But that is why they have options, not everyone is the same. I do like that stuff on the gunnels and bow, but that's it.

I boat in 100-120 degree heat. My carpet in 10x hotter than my buddy’s brown gatorstep. Gatorstep is not slippery when wet. The old rubber pre 2017 is hotter & slippier than the Devils belly button. My rubber swim deck is 100,000,000x hotter than the brown gatorstep swim step. The pre 2017 “non skid” gunnels and bow is horrible. I thought it was the coolest thing until by buddy got gatorstep [emoji23]. Then I absolutely hated my non skid. It’s hard and extremely hot.

Yeah I’ve spilled a beer or 2 on the carpet. I clean the boat after every day on the water & carpet is dry before i even put it in the garage. Still smells & it’s still 100x hotter than gatorstep.

I do like carpet in my bedroom though [emoji1303]

That Guy
08-12-2018, 09:02 AM
The carpet has changed a lot in 20 years. In our 96 Malibu the carpet was very thin so it dried quickly, in our last 2 boats the carpet has been very thick and plush so it didn’t dry quickly. I got rid of the snap out carpet in those after the first couple outzings, yet had the permanent carpet in the 96 for 18 years before selling it without problems. But I agree gatorstep is the way to go, had black in the last boat and it was manageable and dried so fast.

I also have zero carpet in my house now, versus 10-20 years ago where we had carpet in many rooms.

jcarter20
08-12-2018, 12:52 PM
I boat in 100-120 degree heat. My carpet in 10x hotter than my buddy’s brown gatorstep. Gatorstep is not slippery when wet. The old rubber pre 2017 is hotter & slippier than the Devils belly button. My rubber swim deck is 100,000,000x hotter than the brown gatorstep swim step. The pre 2017 “non skid” gunnels and bow is horrible. I thought it was the coolest thing until by buddy got gatorstep [emoji23]. Then I absolutely hated my non skid. It’s hard and extremely hot.

Yeah I’ve spilled a beer or 2 on the carpet. I clean the boat after every day on the water & carpet is dry before i even put it in the garage. Still smells & it’s still 100x hotter than gatorstep.

I do like carpet in my bedroom though [emoji1303]

Bingo!!!!! Thank you! The 2018 Gator step is not hot and not slippery at all. Here is a close up. It has a grained texture and is much more plush than the old stuff. This reminds me of the cool touch seat vinyl conversation. Simple answer is, if you like the look and feel on your feet vs. carpet, then get it. You won’t be disappointed.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180812/e4879cb11f6e20e3d681ac5dcde490d0.jpg

DFTR Josh
08-13-2018, 09:25 AM
Bingo!!!!! Thank you! The 2018 Gator step is not hot and not slippery at all. Here is a close up. It has a grained texture and is much more plush than the old stuff. This reminds me of the cool touch seat vinyl conversation. Simple answer is, if you like the look and feel on your feet vs. carpet, then get it. You won’t be disappointed.
Checked out the 2019 MAX and it's been in the sun I guess most the day with the cover off. I was surprised how cool the Gator was compared to the rest of the boat. I was skeptic on this stuff with the UT heat and now sold on how cool Gator is in the sun.