PDA

View Full Version : Trailer wheel bearing & torsion arm

Gabbyg88
08-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Have a question about wheel bearings and torsion arm on 07 Boatmate trailer with 5200lb single torsion axle. I started getting a harmonic sound coming from the wheel after I make a left turn. Didn't really think anything of it but this year the sound is getting worse and occurring more often, not just left turns. After launching the boat this past weekend I pulled on each tire and I deffiantly have play in each wheel. I am assuming the inner and outer bearings are worn since the trailer is 11 yrs old. Has anyone had issues with having to replace the torsion arm and or roators?

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
08-07-2018, 09:03 PM
I replaced one on my old trailer. I bought the torsion arm with the hub and bearing already packed and ready to go. It even came with a new brake caliper but I just reused the old one since it still worked and I didn’t want to repack bearings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbyg88
08-08-2018, 07:43 PM
I replaced one on my old trailer. I bought the torsion arm with the hub and bearing already packed and ready to go. It even came with a new brake caliper but I just reused the old one since it still worked and I didn’t want to repack bearings

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI decided to do the same and replace the the torsion arm and hub on both sides. I have a bad caliper and a bad bearing or bearings. I know I have an old torsion arm already so I don't want to waste money replacing several pieces and find out when I have it apart that I have a worn spindle and have to spend more money. So I am spending the extra money now and all new.

Gabbyg88
08-11-2018, 12:51 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHow hard was it to slide the new torsion arm on the spindle of the axle with rotor and caliper already attached to the torsion arm?

rdlangston13
08-11-2018, 12:53 PM
I don’t recal having too much issue, it was a few years ago. I think I used a dead blow hammer or rubber mallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk