PDA

View Full Version : How to remove swim deck on Mobius LS 2004

steven55
08-06-2018, 01:40 PM
I am just wondering if anyone has a photo or video so I can see how to remove the swim deck on the boat while it is in the water.

The black pad is staining everything and I want to spray it with a clear rubberized coating to stop that, but am not sure how to actually remove the deck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

996scott
08-06-2018, 02:27 PM
If you are trying to do it while the boat is in the water that could be pretty tough. You have to remove the two pins at the bottom of the bracket which are under the water. You will have to get in the water to do this. From there you can just lift it up out of the brackets but doing this while hanging over the side of the boat will be very hard to do. You would probably want a couple of guys for sure. I would tie some kind of rope around the swim deck just in case it fall in. You can't pull the boat out of the water?

VA LSV
08-07-2018, 07:30 AM
The swim platform is very heavy and awkward to handle. Best to do this with the boat on the trailer. I still have the original black covering on mine. I scrub it every spring with back to black when I wax the boat. Boat sits in the lift the rest of the year and no black stains in the boat. Another option is remove the old and re[place with SeaDek.

kaneboats
08-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Yea, peel that black stuff off and get a custom softer cover. The Seadek ones are very durable and feel great on the knees.