PDA

View Full Version : Salt water flush???

JonnyV
08-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Taking my family on a vacation to Destin, FL in a couple weeks. I want to be able to bring my 2015 Mojo along, but am super worried about the salt water and what it'll do to my boat if it isnt flushed out well enough. Anybody have any good tips or have done it before??

Stazi
08-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Don’t do it. It’s not worth the corrosion damage that will occur. With people walking in and out of the boat, the salt water will drop and get in everywhere and your engine bay will quickly start to look like a bucket of rusty nails.
Just rent a boat if you really must go boating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
08-06-2018, 12:46 PM
He's right. You will also destroy your trailer. It is not meant to be submerged in salt water. Rent a boat.

lmm1967
08-06-2018, 12:47 PM
if thoroughly rinsed / washed down after use - and if you can get it back in a fresh water body of water very soon after your vacation - I wouldn't worry about a short trip to saltwater. I lived in SoCa for 17 years so short term exposure to SW doesn't scare me as much as some.

If you pull it out of the water and put it away wet - you should leave it home.

996scott
08-06-2018, 01:02 PM
Don't do it, it is horrible on the trailer. I would just rent a boat if I were you.

Edo88
08-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Yeah I would rent a boat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
08-10-2018, 05:05 PM
I'm sure you can already read how most freshwater boaters feel.

My buddy bought his Supra from LA. Looked fine when he bought it. Owner claimed 'some brackish water'. Too many electric issues, too much corrosion, yikes. The oil drain line rusted off the bottom of the motor causing a massive leak and motor failure. Made for a shitty end of summer for him.

I realize your vacation is probably a week . . . . but not me if you plan on keeping your boat.