PDA

View Full Version : Another Tower Speaker post!!!!

Geoffrey18
10-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Has anyone heard/own the Bazooka 8" tower speakers? They sell them in crutchfield and I have been seeing them on ebay for cheaper lately. I was wondering how the sound quality on them was. Also, being an 8" speaker would it be better to have one pair of them or two pairs on 6.5 speakers? Also, I have an 06 Outback V w/the rad-a-cage and I was wondering what size the tubing is for speakers mounts? Finally, my stock kenwood on my boat only has one set of rca hook-ups, so how would I go about hooking up two amps, one for the tower and one for a sub? Thanks all.

pickle311
10-30-2006, 01:21 AM
I have a set of those speakers and I'm not impressed at all. I can hear them while I'm riding but not that great. The sound quality leaves something to be desired for sure. I've got a killer system in my boat and these speakers just can't hang with the rest. Also they don't fir the tower. I had to make insrerts for the clamps to get them to stay. It was a complete pain in the butt. All in all, for the $200 I have in them they aren't that bad but still no where near what I want.

JesseC
10-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Finally, my stock kenwood on my boat only has one set of rca hook-ups, so how would I go about hooking up two amps, one for the tower and one for a sub? Thanks all.

I have two amps in my boat. One running the tower speakers and one running the 6 hull speakers. My radio only has one set of RCAs just like yours, I just used a Y connector and split the signal. One other thing I added was a relay to turn one of the amps on and off from the drivers seat. Sometimes I do not like running the tower speakers, but do want to hear the rest of them, so I wired a relay into one of the unused switches on the dash and it basically cuts the remote power to the tower speakers with the flip of a switch. It has proven very handy!