PDA

View Full Version : Stock Ballast Pump issue

flienlow
08-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Hoping someone that knows something about these pumps can help me.

I am getting a Ballast failure notification on my LCD Display. This starting occurring after I upgraded to the Wake Makers ballast bags, however, This is happening on the center Bow bag which was not upgraded.

Here are the symptoms that I am experiencing:

1. Turn on the center bag fill , Starts filling for a second and then just stops. Flip the switch and it will start and then stop again. Eventually, I can get it to stay on, but I usually fill with engine off so I can hear when pump stops. Some times I flip the switch and nothing happens.

2. All pumps work and will start filling and then intermittent shut off. (different pumps, different times)

What are some things I should look at?

Thanks

Stazi
08-01-2018, 01:20 PM
What type and year of boat? The bag should not have changed anything the way you are describing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flienlow
08-01-2018, 02:11 PM
What type and year of boat? The bag should not have changed anything the way you are describing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition

Stazi
08-01-2018, 02:43 PM
2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition

Typically, what I have seen is thane late Iowa, the pumps will only run for a few seconds. That’s why say to run them with the engine on. You may have a battery going bad if it’s getting temperamental. Have you tried Filling the ballast with the boat in neutral lockout, with a little more gas/throttle, to bump up the voltage? If this works, then you probably have a battery going bad or the terminals are getting corroded.

korey
08-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Yep, I was going to suggest low voltage as well.

flienlow
08-01-2018, 04:46 PM
So, I noticed the batter ground was a loose the other day filling the tube, I might try tightening it, I will say that the pumps do work without the engine on and just the battery in the current state. May or may not be the issue, but should rule it out anyway.