PDA

View Full Version : Used purchase advice, Craz, SC, Mojo

Aondion
07-30-2018, 08:49 PM
We currently have a 2007 Moomba LSV which has been a great boat, surfs pretty well, but looking for something with significantly more freeboard vs filling up bow bag and attaching suck gate manually. Our budget is around $70k, looking at only inboards there are several 2016 and even 2017 Mojo's & Craz's in that range. Also several 2014 SC350 in that price range. My son and I love to surf, girls mainly tube. Looking for something with more freeboard than our LSV and significantly easier to set up and go surf. Heard the SC's surf wave has a ton of push, but not very clean. Any comments on how the SC, Mojo & Craz's surf waves compare? Also freeboard? Thanks guys!

KnoxMojo
07-30-2018, 10:13 PM
I would suggest trying to get out on all of them for a test ride. The SC wasn't around very long and will have swell 1. Swell 2 is better while swell 3 is a heck of a lot better. You may be able to change the plates like you can with auto flow 1 to flow 2 plates. Most everyone loves their Mojo and Craz. Realize that if surfing with a small crew, you will need some added weight in these boats.

parrothd
07-30-2018, 10:43 PM
Juts upgraded from an 06 lsv to 2017 Craz and so glad I did. Either boat will be a huge upgrade.

Aondion
07-31-2018, 07:30 AM
Juts upgraded from an 06 lsv to 2017 Craz and so glad I did. Either boat will be a huge upgrade.

How does is surf? Do you feel like there is a lot more freeboard when surfiung vs the lsv

parrothd
07-31-2018, 09:56 AM
How does is surf? Do you feel like there is a lot more freeboard when surfiung vs the lsv

Obviously you haven't seen these new boats in person, you should check it out. You'll be shocked how tiny your LSV is compared to a Craz. The newer models are huge. There's so much freeboard just getting in from the trailer can be tricky.

DatTexasBoy
07-31-2018, 10:11 AM
Here's an SC, I bet you could get it for under 70. Call and ask for JT
https://www.dmboats.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=5666225&p=2&s=Year&d=D&fr=xpreownedinventory