PDA

View Full Version : Trans and V-drive fluid

TN_Boarder
10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Do any of you ever change the Transmission and/or V-drive fluid in your moomba?

This weekend while winterizing, I accidently pulled the fluid drain plug on the v-drive thinking that it was the water drain. A few ounces of fluid drained out. How important is it to keep that fluid level exact? I checked the fluid level on the dipstick and it still read full, but that was not at running temp.

qb12
10-24-2006, 06:24 PM
tn, in regards to checking the correct level of your vdrive and transmission fluid it is always best to do so when the oil is warm, (of course it is really low cold, put some in). i should also be done on the water and not the trailer.

in regards to your other post, you really need to discuss the engine paint chips and rust with your dealer. i put over 125 hrs on my boat this past summer and the motor, vdrive and tranny still look brand new.

db

JesseC
10-24-2006, 10:01 PM
I change the V-drive fluid and the trans fluid every year. It is so easy and inexpensive to change that I figure it is worth it. I would rather be safe than sorry.

KamberraRick
02-17-2007, 12:18 AM
I too change the V-drive tranny fluid every year, or 100 hours. Each time I go to the lake I check the fluid after the engine has had a chance to warm up.