PDA

View Full Version : Tower wires

Kxmoomba
07-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Dumb question, we can't locate where the speaker wires come out of the tower into the hull. We can see where they are run on each side into the hull.
Are they tucked way up in there on the side of the hull where the tower mounts?

mmandley
07-25-2018, 12:39 PM
If the tower was prewired, then they come out of the bottom of the tower where it mounts to the gunnel.
It could be on each side or all on one side, generally its the Port side

z28ke
07-25-2018, 01:59 PM
On the port side open the observers compartment door (backrest cushion) and stick your head in there (with a flashlight) and look back and up towards the base of the tower. The harness will be hanging from where it comes out of the tower base and into the hull. The speaker wires should be purple and purple w/Black tracer; green and green w/Black tracer.

Kxmoomba
07-25-2018, 02:12 PM
OK, that is what we thought but didn't see it. They are pre wired and we can see where they run down the tower when its folded forward. I will check for that tonight. Ours looks to be run on both sides. Thanks,

Ryann
07-25-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm working through a project very similar. I can't see them routing the tower speaker wires to starboard side. I'd guess they would run them directly to the amp on port side to minimize interference.

Chopper d
07-25-2018, 02:52 PM
The wires on the starboard side are for lights. The speaker wires are all on the port side

Stazi
07-25-2018, 03:19 PM
The wires on the starboard side are for lights. The speaker wires are all on the port side

What he said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kxmoomba
07-25-2018, 05:11 PM

Perfect, thank you! I am not a stereo or electronics person so I appreciate you all answering my questions.