PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Flow Surf Install Direction

hatt
07-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Have a 2014 LSV. Was going to go with the auto flow 2.0 system but the dealer had one manual flow kit left (discontinue now attached a pic of what the kit is). When I opened the box there was no directions. From what I have heard some sets come with and some don't. Does anyone still have there direction even if its for the mondo or different model? Just want the basic step by step directions. Thanks in advance! FYI Moomba won't send them to me due to liability reason they said...…..27377

BrettLee3232
07-24-2018, 05:12 PM
Try contacting WakeLand MFG. direct & see if they will send it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
07-24-2018, 05:49 PM
Did you email or call Moomba? Call Premier Watersports in Knoxville and see if they can help you. I have the manual flow, yeah, you have to turn a plate down, but they can make some awesome waves and nothing to break.

hatt
07-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys, I called Wakeland weeks ago with no call back. I called a local dealer that has a used system forsale and they have a pic of directions on ebay (just front page) but will not send them to me, said to call Moomba. I'm just getting a run around everywhere. Seems like the system is a little rare for the LSV, so figured I could get the direction to a mojo or another model and figure it out from there, just looks like there is a different mounting plate.

KnoxMojo
07-24-2018, 07:16 PM
Ah, didn't see for LSV. Man, you may be better off just getting a homemade wave shaper or one for like nauticurl or something and putting it on the side. My Buddy had a suck gate on his LSV and it threw a great wave. $150-$400 depending on what you go with, run some nose weight and upgrade you rears to at least 750s, slight list to the surf side and go have fun!!!!

costanza
07-25-2018, 12:18 PM
Ah, didn't see for LSV. Man, you may be better off just getting a homemade wave shaper or one for like nauticurl or something and putting it on the side. My Buddy had a suck gate on his LSV and it threw a great wave. $150-$400 depending on what you go with, run some nose weight and upgrade you rears to at least 750s, slight list to the surf side and go have fun!!!!

I concur... I run nauticurl on my 2013 LSV (1100's rear, 750 front, center). I run it at 100% full on surf side, 40-50% non surf side, and front and center full with nauticurl near the back end, maybe a foot from back, with it mostly out of the water when boat sitting level and it throws a great wave... I tried running 2 nauticurl's on my boat one on top of the other, but didn't get good results, Just 1 works better for now. I'll play around more with it when I get a chance...
I also have a couple 155# bricks that I move around since it's usually just myself, 2 kids and wife... Usually have brick on surf side in back corner - makes a big difference...

mmandley
07-25-2018, 12:23 PM
When I got my Flow system. there really isnt much in the way of directions. Its really just a drawing with the hull outline, and Pre Measured holes to match the Flow.

You can make one your self, the main thing is on the edges of the hull, it will need to be 1/4 to 1/2 above the bottom so its not dragging in the water.
On the side, the Flow is shaped to fit your hull, so you can see how it sits flush, but that is also 1/4 to 1/2 inch from that edge as well.

You need to seal the entire back side of the flow with marine sealant. Also you will want to add it to the holes going through your hull.

Thats pretty much all there is to it.

I can get you pictures of my Flow from my Mojo when I had it originally.

Just to clear up any confusion. Unless you are an authorized Moomba dealer you will Void your Hull warranty. But its only void for that area not the entire boat.

hatt
07-25-2018, 01:38 PM
That would be awesome if you could get me pics! Let me know if you would like my email to send to. I have already updated my sacs in back to 900lbs a side and use a wakeshaper. I'm just not getting a long wave. So figured this system would help.

BrettLee3232
07-25-2018, 01:42 PM
That would be awesome if you could get me pics! Let me know if you would like my email to send to. I have already updated my sacs in back to 900lbs a side and use a wakeshaper. I'm just not getting a long wave. So figured this system would help.

To be honest if your using a shaper already I think the manual flow won’t work any better. If you want a longer wave you need more weight in the nose. Not sure what you have now but fat sac has a 750lb horseshoe bag that you can replace your stock 500lb bag (if you have one). The manual flow will not make your wave longer.

hatt
07-25-2018, 02:13 PM
I have no weight in the nose, on the wakemaker sight it looks like they recommend 500lbs in the front, is this a easy install and just piggy backs off my center to fill and empty??

Sp8
07-25-2018, 05:28 PM
I agree with Brett Lee. I added manual flow on our LSV a few years back. We NEVER use it after building our wake gate. Key for us was 1100's in the back and 750 under the bow seats. Throws a really nice wave now.

JoelFett
07-25-2018, 05:31 PM
This is not the system for the LSV. I have a 2015 LSV that came with the manual flow and that ain’t it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180725/bf69c33cad5061b5f5f67233f59215c9.png

KnoxMojo
07-25-2018, 05:50 PM
This is not the system for the LSV. I have a 2015 LSV that came with the manual flow and that ain’t it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180725/bf69c33cad5061b5f5f67233f59215c9.png

Correct, the manual flow for the LSV and the manual flow for the Mojo, Craz, Mondo are different. The LSV only has 2 positions, stowed and deployed, and deployed is all the way under the boat. The other design, shaped for those specific hulls has 4 positions, stowed and 3 horizontal positions progressing further down. To my knowledge, the 4 position manual flow will not work on the LSV hull.

Use your shaper, add bow weight, the 750s to the back are enough, slight list to the surf side. Enjoy!!

JoelFett
07-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Correct, the manual flow for the LSV and the manual flow for the Mojo, Craz, Mondo are different. The LSV only has 2 positions, stowed and deployed, and deployed is all the way under the boat. The other design, shaped for those specific hulls has 4 positions, stowed and 3 horizontal positions progressing further down. To my knowledge, the 4 position manual flow will not work on the LSV hull.

Use your shaper, add bow weight, the 750s to the back are enough, slight list to the surf side. Enjoy!!

Partially correct. The manual LSV flow has 3 positions as well as stowed. It just works best fully deployed. It has settings for tall, mid and long. That’s what I refer to them as. The plate has 3 holes drilled in it that all get held by the bottom pin when deployed, and the top pin holds the plate stowed.

KnoxMojo
07-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Partially correct. The manual LSV flow has 3 positions as well as stowed. It just works best fully deployed. It has settings for tall, mid and long. That’s what I refer to them as. The plate has 3 holes drilled in it that all get held by the bottom pin when deployed, and the top pin holds the plate stowed.

Ok, we are splitting hairs...point is, the 2 systems look similar but are not the same. The LSV has 2 pull pins and the other only has 1. The blades are also shaped different. Look at my sig line, I have a Mojo with manual flow, oh, and I love it. But I wouldn't spend the money to put it on if it didn't already have it.

JoelFett
07-25-2018, 06:08 PM
Ok, we are splitting hairs...point is, the 2 systems look similar but are not the same. The LSV has 2 pull pins and the other only has 1. The blades are also shaped different. Look at my sig line, I have a Mojo with manual flow, oh, and I love it. But I wouldn't spend the money to put it on if it didn't already have it.

Yes. 100% agree with everything that you said. I use the flow, but if I didn’t have it, I wouldn’t miss it. It works enough, but a suck gate works better.

To the OP, The pic above is my LSV with the flow installed. The plate sticks out the bottom when deployed (a 180degree swing), not the side like the Mojo/Mondo of those years (a 90degree swing)

Sp8
07-26-2018, 05:32 PM
Have a 2014 LSV. Was going to go with the auto flow 2.0 system but the dealer had one manual flow kit left (discontinue now attached a pic of what the kit is). When I opened the box there was no directions. From what I have heard some sets come with and some don't. Does anyone still have there direction even if its for the mondo or different model? Just want the basic step by step directions. Thanks in advance! FYI Moomba won't send them to me due to liability reason they said...…..27377

Here’s a few pics I took today if you were gonna proceed with the Flow

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180726/3d99f1f704f3d349362425ace946f031.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180726/973a6ff7fd09da8dd97e8956a78a435c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180726/3241bc2f5ee721717252d3e60d004e57.jpg

mmandley
07-27-2018, 07:54 AM
Those are great pics.

Would you be able to get an approximate measurement on how fare in from the side they are.

Say lay something along the side of the hull then measure to the side of the Flow so he can see how fare in on the back it is.

Height looks pretty even with your strip.

Sp8
07-27-2018, 12:20 PM
Those are great pics.

Would you be able to get an approximate measurement on how fare in from the side they are.

Say lay something along the side of the hull then measure to the side of the Flow so he can see how fare in on the back it is.

Height looks pretty even with your strip.

Here’s a couple pics. Sorry, definitely not engineering grade measurements!! The side looks to be 2 3/4 inches in from straight edge off of top section. The long one is from the outside of platform bracket.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180727/6a9d91b809810f876610cd0474e1aa40.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180727/b93ff408990bc2302ac6dc245697b1bc.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180727/bba1269009a27d23bc9442ec7103aacc.jpg

KnoxMojo
07-27-2018, 12:29 PM
I'd highly recommend trying more weight all around and a suction wave shaper before doing this.

flienlow
08-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Oh God, That manual flow is dog shit! I wish my boat didn't have it. OP I would not even drill the holes if I was you. Your LSV needs full ballast in the Rear, full front bow bac, and about 600lbs in the middle next to the Helm. Add a mission delta and you will have a very nice wave.

KnoxMojo
08-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Oh God, That manual flow is dog shit! I wish my boat didn't have it. OP I would not even drill the holes if I was you. Your LSV needs full ballast in the Rear, full front bow bac, and about 600lbs in the middle next to the Helm. Add a mission delta and you will have a very nice wave.

I will agree, the manual tab system on the LSV isn't the best. The manual tabs on the Mojos and Mondos can throw some great waves both on regular and goofy side. The systems are different from the LSV to the Mojo/Mondo for whatever reason.

And as has been said, installing that system is a waste of time. More weight and a shaper will be far superior and for a lot less money.