PDA

View Full Version : Ballast hose replacement and manifold hose leak

Leirhiht
07-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Got a 08 mobius lsv with the 325 efi indmar. I noticed yesterday when I started the boat it had a tiny drip from the port side manifold where the hose is threaded into the manifold itself. Is this just sealed with teflon tape?

Later that day when I started to fill the port side bag I noticed the boat bilgeing opened the engine compartment and there's a ton of water in there. The drain hose on the bag had sheared off and was gushing out. We ended up throwing another bag in and pumped it with water from a tsunami pump. So at the end of the day I forgot to grab the broken hose so I could get the size and length. Would anyone know the size and length I should buy? Do I also have to buy another fitting or can this one be reused? Will I need to buy new clamps as well? Boats 45 mins away so I can't really get out to look at it unless it's the weekend.
It's a gravity games edition, I dont know if that helps anyone...

Thanks for reading

Stazi
07-23-2018, 09:21 AM
They use Flow-Rite connectors on the bags. You can get the parts from. ww.flow-rite.com Best to just get the hose off and measure it and replace. It’s not exactly a standard part that you can order. In the older systems they used 7/8” hose and 3/4” fittings/connectors and then in the newer systems went to 1-1/8” fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leirhiht
07-23-2018, 11:21 PM
Got a 08 mobius lsv with the 325 efi indmar. I noticed yesterday when I started the boat it had a tiny drip from the port side manifold where the hose is threaded into the manifold itself. Is this just sealed with teflon tape?

Later that day when I started to fill the port side bag I noticed the boat bilgeing opened the engine compartment and there's a ton of water in there. The drain hose on the bag had sheared off and was gushing out. We ended up throwing another bag in and pumped it with water from a tsunami pump. So at the end of the day I forgot to grab the broken hose so I could get the size and length. Would anyone know the size and length I should buy? Do I also have to buy another fitting or can this one be reused? Will I need to buy new clamps as well? Boats 45 mins away so I can't really get out to look at it unless it's the weekend.
It's a gravity games edition, I dont know if that helps anyone...

Thanks for reading

Yeah I figured. Wish I remember to grab the hose!! Any advice on the manifold leak?

Stazi
07-24-2018, 06:44 AM
Yeah I figured. Wish I remember to grab the hose!! Any advice on the manifold leak?

Those are plastic elbows with threaded sealant on them. You can buy them from www.skidim.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk