PDA

View Full Version : EZ Cruise?

Rusten
10-23-2006, 09:27 PM
I noticed that on new Moombas, the "E-Z Cruise Speed Control" is an option. Is this available aftermarket, and if so, is it more economic than PerfectPass? Does it integrate (or offered by) with he Keiser Medallion gauges somehow?

By the way, the new Moomba website is BEAUTIFUL, good job guys!

smokedog2
10-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Just get PerfectPass - you will be glad you did

mvd
10-24-2006, 03:43 AM
What are Keiser Medallion gauges?
Google did not give the answer?

JoeTechie
10-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Rusten: E-Z Cruise is a basic RPM based cruise control. It IS available aftermarket, and I beleive is standard on all LS/LSV model boats this year. It was the engine that was the integration point, NOT the gauge package. The 325 HP Indmar is throttle by wire, and therefore the integration of cruise was very simple, so they added it as a feature.
It will do a nice job of basic speed holding, but you have to set it ahead of time, each time you go out and it not true speed holding. Perfect pass has true speed and rpm based speed holding, and adds adjustments for ballast, pull "feel", and many more. It also has memory so once you set a speed, you can give it a name and return to it. "Bob - Slalom" "Jane Wakeboard" "Bobby - Tube" etc.

MVD - Kysor / Medallion is a gauge manufacturer - Medallion Instrumentation Systems actually (Kysor Industrial purchased them in 1986) Skiers Choice uses Beede brand gauges mostly, but Medallion has recently been integrating perfect pass into their gauge packages. They just built a complete digital dash for Malibu boats. The package Rusten is talking about is probably the one on Supra Boats this year. Not the complete digital dash of the malibu, but pretty damn cool.

more here:
http://www.medallionis.com/products/products.cfm?catID=21&subnav=recreation&type=display

Hope this helps,

Joe

smokedog2
10-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Like Joe said, get PerfectPass :lol:

Brian Raymond
10-24-2006, 10:57 PM
The E-Z cruise is only available on the '06 and '07 model Moombas. This is due to the updated electronics on the fuel injected motors with cable assisted throttle by wire only. This is a nice package, but it is rpm based, and not adjustable to speed and load. Unfortunately, this system will not work with the older ('99-2000) Kysor system. Brian Raymond

bryanshiflett
10-25-2006, 10:17 AM
I had Perfect Pass on my 04 Outback and loved it. I got my 07 LSV a couple months ago and decided to try the E-Z cruise before buying Perfect Pass (since E-Z cruise was "free"). E-Z cruise does a much better job than I was expecting. Perfect Pass has some advantages as other people have pointed out, but we had over 2000 lbs of ballast in the boat (both rear lockers full, ski locker full, and a full bow) and E-Z cruise held speed as well as Perfect Pass did on my other boat. Perfect Pass has some nicer features, but to me, the price different isn't worth it and I will continue to use E-Z cruise. These comments apply to wakeboarding; I can't speak for skiing.

Buttafewcoe
10-26-2006, 04:37 PM
:?

bryanshiflett
10-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I believe E-Z Cruise is available because of the electronics and fuel injection characteristics of the new motors (and therefore wouldn't be available for your boat). I'd recommend getting Perfect Pass. I didn't pay for Perfect Pass because E-Z cruise comes standard on the 07 LSV and I wanted to test it first, but if I didn't have either option and had to pay for one of them, it would be Perfect Pass. I added it to my 04 Outback and it worked great.

Schmitter
12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I have the EZ on my 06 Outback. It does a decent job of holding the speed, especially when I am being pulled by someone other than my regular driver. We tend to trade on and off a lot each driver is a little different. I haven't skied behind a perfect pass boat, but this basic speed control does work well, especially for the cost. It was a standard feature with my motor, the 325.

jcb512
05-30-2017, 02:18 PM
Good afternoon, I have a 2006 Outback (not V-drive or LS model) it is a 325 Carb engine. Will the Moomba EZ Cruise work on my boat? Is it a plug-n-play, meaning would the wiring harness have the connection plug already integrated?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I know this thread is from a long time ago but the only one I could find on the subject.

jcb512
08-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Repost, curious again about EZ Cruise installing on a Carb engine.

VA LSV
08-13-2018, 11:40 AM
Check your throttle linkage. If it has throttle by wire then yes Moomba EZ cruise would be compatible. If it has a cable all the way back to the helm then look at this
https://www.hydrophase.com

Garn
10-03-2018, 01:03 PM
EZ Cruise sucks. Get Perfectpass. You will never regret it.

dakota4ce
10-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Check your throttle linkage. If it has throttle by wire then yes Moomba EZ cruise would be compatible. If it has a cable all the way back to the helm then look at this
https://www.hydrophase.com

^^ hydrophase is an excellent system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtTheRiver
10-04-2018, 10:39 AM
here are some advantages of RPM based speed control. I installed PP on my last boat and almost exclusively used RPM mode but had the option to use speedo based control with a paddle wheel. With RPM mode, speed is more constant in turns, even in subtle turns adjusting your line where GPS or paddle wheel will send a false change of speed signal. If you ride in a body of water with any current, a paddle wheel based control will work as will an RPM based control, but a GPS unit will need to be adjusted depending if you run with or against current which means you will need to adjust speed every time you turn around and this will quickly become annoying when riding a river. Lastly a GPS based control will go bananas if you ride under any structures like a bridge.

Now you do loose a little precision with RPM mode when riding in a straight line, but the loss of precision is subtle, maybe +/- .25 mph when wakeboarding and less variance when surfing. Most riders will not notice any difference unless you are towing on the edge of the lowest speed to get a clean wake/wave.

EvelynWilliam077
10-08-2018, 06:01 AM
Looking for a charter cruise on Sydney Harbour? Choose from popular luxury vessels, private decks, or party cruises with Sydney Harbour Charter Cruises. (https://www.sydneyharbourchartercruises.com.au) Whether it be for hosting a private party; a wedding, birthday or special event celebration; or a corporate party, business functions or conference… you’ll find the perfect vessel here!

With options as varied as standing cocktail, standing buffet, sitting buffet or formal dining and modern facilities like A/V system & event planner available, there is a charter cruise to meet every requirement!