PDA

View Full Version : Zone Control Rewiring

Ryann
07-19-2018, 08:17 PM
First off, I know little about audio systems but I’m learning.

I have read the ICE install and owners guide, but am not sure what it would take to redo some zone control wiring between the black box and the amp. I understand how the channels in vs out works, but is it possible to rewire the amp to accept two more speakers that are the “tower” zones?

Right now the M600/6 is running 2 7.7 on single channels, and 2 8.8s that are bridged. I want to add 2 7.7 tower speakers, bring the 8.8s down to 1 channel each speaker. I can easily add the tower speakers in place of where the cabin 8.8s are bridged. Only issue is that the towers will be controlled by the cabin speaker zone. I’d like them to take on the tower speaker zone so I can turn them off. Can anybody explain how it’s done wiring wise?

MLA
07-19-2018, 08:26 PM
Leave the 600/6 amp and in-boats as is and add an amp, like the M400/4, for the new towers. Find and unused pair of outputs fromt he ICE and run the RCA to the new amp.

Other wise, you will greatly reduce the output to the 8.8s and 7.7 towers will be underwhelming at surf speeds.