PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Mojo Pro - Couple questions

2018MojoPro
07-15-2018, 01:33 PM
Took delivery of my new boat 3 weeks ago and been tinkering and figuring out as much as I can on my own, and reading Goose's content here. Stuck on a couple items, keep in mind we only surf, no wakeboarding:

1. Was messing with autowake, learning plates and ballasts, think I got most of it down. Looking for others experience/settings with the "SIDE" plates. I read a lot on the main wakeplate, but not much here on the sides. I have the Pro model, so I have 2 actuators on each side plate which I dont believe can be independently controlled. Currently running 0/30/85 surf setup. Weird experience in how you manipulate the side plate system. You have to get out of autowake, go into cruise mode, only then (it seems) I can adjust side plates. Then when I go into autowake, those side settings stay. Side plates dont seem to auto-anything when in autowake? Anybody know what the factory default is?

2. My rear fusion stereo remote, only works in "run" mode at the ignition key, acc does not let me power on the rear unit. So sitting and listening runs the hour/clock if I want to swim and use the rear remote. Looking up manuals and installation/wiring, this is a NEMA connection, so I cant say the power wire is wired wrong? Guessing its a setting in the head unit, but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Thanks fellow SC owners

larry_arizona
07-15-2018, 02:24 PM
I didn’t think hours counted unless engine was above 650 rpms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018MojoPro
07-15-2018, 03:46 PM
I hope so, that would be fantastic! I’m going out today, going to confirm

rdlangston13
07-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Took delivery of my new boat 3 weeks ago and been tinkering and figuring out as much as I can on my own, and reading Goose's content here. Stuck on a couple items, keep in mind we only surf, no wakeboarding:

1. Was messing with autowake, learning plates and ballasts, think I got most of it down. Looking for others experience/settings with the "SIDE" plates. I read a lot on the main wakeplate, but not much here on the sides. I have the Pro model, so I have 2 actuators on each side plate which I dont believe can be independently controlled. Currently running 0/30/85 surf setup. Weird experience in how you manipulate the side plate system. You have to get out of autowake, go into cruise mode, only then (it seems) I can adjust side plates. Then when I go into autowake, those side settings stay. Side plates dont seem to auto-anything when in autowake? Anybody know what the factory default is?

2. My rear fusion stereo remote, only works in "run" mode at the ignition key, acc does not let me power on the rear unit. So sitting and listening runs the hour/clock if I want to swim and use the rear remote. Looking up manuals and installation/wiring, this is a NEMA connection, so I cant say the power wire is wired wrong? Guessing its a setting in the head unit, but I cannot find it for the life of me.

Thanks fellow SC owners

I wired my whole stereo directly to the battery to get around this. Now I can turn it on regardless of what position the key is in just using the power button on the radio itself.

And you are correct about the auto flow plates, the do not automatically adjust in auto Wake. The easiest way to change them is to toggle a ballast switch on, this will cut off auto Wake allowing you to adjust the plates and view ballast levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018MojoPro
07-31-2018, 10:43 PM
whats everyone running their side plate settings at? Currently I am 85% non-surf side, 0% surf side.

KnoxMojo
07-31-2018, 11:48 PM
whats everyone running their side plate settings at? Currently I am 85% non-surf side, 0% surf side.

Way too much plate. Try 50-60 for port (regular) and 65-70 for goofy. Trim plate from 0 to no more than 30

Mobius22
08-01-2018, 08:43 AM
Keep in mind that the Flow 3.0 does not have the same settings as Flow 2.0. If 85% is what came from the factory then I would roll with that. Adjusting the surf plates is the quickest way to really screwing up your wave.

KnoxMojo
08-01-2018, 02:21 PM
Keep in mind that the Flow 3.0 does not have the same settings as Flow 2.0. If 85% is what came from the factory then I would roll with that. Adjusting the surf plates is the quickest way to really screwing up your wave.

You can dial your boat in manually not using auto wake then transfer the numbers over. It is very easy to do on the main screen while surfing, just click the tab button up or down to change it, don't like 50, go to 55, then 60, and so on. You cannot mess anything up as long as you are not in auto wake.

2018MojoPro
08-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Knoxmojo, your dead on. Went through the main screen as you said. Jackpot. Wave is pumping now. 60-65 is did it for me (for the day as the boat was loaded). Now I know how to tune it anytime there’s a change in bodies/weight.

Mobius22 is also correct, the side plates can kill the wave quick if not dialed in. Seems like the tabs sometime move on their own. I’ll look down after setting them, change riders, then the plates are off again. Unless I’m accidentally going into autowake which I don’t believe I did, and even if I did, my understanding is autowake does nothing with the surf tabs

Jeepers
08-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro