PDA

View Full Version : Doomswell question

Sp8
07-08-2018, 09:45 PM
What's the main difference between the Neo and the Nubstep?? Currently have a Ronix Koal Thruster and a Phase Five AKU.

jmvotto
07-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Neo. Should be more responsive , agile etc.

rdlangston13
07-09-2018, 08:42 AM
We have both, one is pointy and one is not lol. I'm obviously not good enough to tell the difference.

trayson
07-09-2018, 12:21 PM
I've got a nubstep. It's got a pointed tip. I've ridden the Neo. They're both great, but I honestly like my Nubstep better. Supposedly the squared off front of the Neo would be better for flipping it around 180 and riding switch...

jcarter20
07-09-2018, 03:49 PM
How does Doomswell compare to other brands like Phase 5 or Ronix? To be honest I have never even heard of them. I am just starting to do more surfing. Currently I have a phase 5 hammerhead. I like the skim style board, but I am looking to pick up a new surf style board also. Does anyone have an opinion on these vs. the phase 5 boards.

2018 Moomba Craz

muehlcj
07-09-2018, 04:06 PM
What's the main difference between the Neo and the Nubstep?? Currently have a Ronix Koal Thruster and a Phase Five AKU.

Outline - Neo has a straight rail = more down the line speed not so tight turns. Nubstep tighter turns less speed.

Rail - The neo is advertised to have more of a surf inspired rail (tucked under) this will help engage (pull the rail into the wave) on turns. The Nubstep is advertised to have more of a skim style "hard" rail that slides aross the surface of the wave and breaks free easier.

Rocker - Neo has more rocker - helps fit board in face of wave going up and reentering on airs. Slows it down. Nubstep little rocker - fast but doesn't fit in wave face as well for airs and landings

Bottom contours - Neo has a single concave which will help maintain speed on a board with more rocker. Nubstep - flat and fast

Hope that helps.

Sp8
07-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Outline - Neo has a straight rail = more down the line speed not so tight turns. Nubstep tighter turns less speed.

Rail - The neo is advertised to have more of a surf inspired rail (tucked under) this will help engage (pull the rail into the wave) on turns. The Nubstep is advertised to have more of a skim style "hard" rail that slides aross the surface of the wave and breaks free easier.

Rocker - Neo has more rocker - helps fit board in face of wave going up and reentering on airs. Slows it down. Nubstep little rocker - fast but doesn't fit in wave face as well for airs and landings

Bottom contours - Neo has a single concave which will help maintain speed on a board with more rocker. Nubstep - flat and fast

Hope that helps.

Thats great info. Thank You!!

trayson
07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
How does Doomswell compare to other brands like Phase 5 or Ronix? To be honest I have never even heard of them. I am just starting to do more surfing. Currently I have a phase 5 hammerhead. I like the skim style board, but I am looking to pick up a new surf style board also. Does anyone have an opinion on these vs. the phase 5 boards.

2018 Moomba Craz

They have the EPS foam core and they are light and fast. Aftermarket fine they are even more fun

I think they ride just as good as soulcraft. They have certainly developed quite a following. Soon you will haveposts that will likely follow this one, talking about how other brands are better or how Doomswell isnt as good as it used to be. To be expected.
I have only Ridden one phase 5 board and it was a lot of fun.

Doomswell is in my opinion top tier surf style board maker. I would certainly take them all day everyday over ronix.

Are their other top tier surf style boards worth considering? Sure. But I love my Nubstep and wouldn't part with it.

muehlcj
07-09-2018, 04:17 PM

2018 Moomba Craz

Doomswell has great shapes. IMO way more fun on the surf style side then P5.

trayson
07-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Hope that helps.

Damn. I own one and didn't know the half of that. WOW.

(p.s. Someday I hope to jump on a PSC and experience one of those too!)

muehlcj
07-09-2018, 04:31 PM

I know just enough to be dangerous - hahaha

muehlcj
07-09-2018, 04:32 PM
They have the EPS foam core and they are light and fast. Aftermarket fine they are even more fun

I think they ride just as good as soulcraft. They have certainly developed quite a following. Soon you will haveposts that will likely follow this one, talking about how other brands are better or how Doomswell isnt as good as it used to be. To be expected.
I have only Ridden one phase 5 board and it was a lot of fun.

Doomswell is in my opinion top tier surf style board maker. I would certainly take them all day everyday over ronix.

Are their other top tier surf style boards worth considering? Sure. But I love my Nubstep and wouldn't part with it.

Def better then the wakeboard brands

sivs1
07-09-2018, 04:35 PM

The PSC Phantom was a fun board, just wish my boat was working right, which it is now BTW.

muehlcj
07-09-2018, 04:52 PM
The PSC Phantom was a fun board, just wish my boat was working right, which it is now BTW.

Glad to hear the boats off the IR. Great meeting you and the fam! Tell them I said hello!

LAwake
07-09-2018, 09:19 PM

Me too, and me either.