PDA

View Full Version : Connecting an MP3 player to Stereo-Is This Possible?

CT Skier
10-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Is it possible to connect an MP3 player to the stock Kenwood Stereo? I looked at the stereo front and back and can see no RCA inputs or any other kind of jack for that matter. I thought that I had read somewhere that this was possible. Can anyone tell me if this is so, and how to do it?

Thanks.

Smrtz
10-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Im pretty sure there are RCA inputs on the back of the deck. I know mine has an AUX setting... Otherwise just get a good quality FM modulator I use one with my Ipod and it works great with no feedback or static...

WaterDawg
10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
As far as modulators go for the ipod, Monster makes a very good one. It is a modulator and charger all in a single line. Sound quality is excellent but they are a bit steep; I believe about $70.00. Good news is that it is a quality product and will last you awhile. I have had mine for almost 2 years and it still plays great and I have definitly put it through some abuse! Hope this helps!

AZHeet
10-20-2006, 08:55 PM
The Kenwood KCA-iP500 is what you want. This is what I have on mine and you can control it through your deck and remote. They're all over ebay.

iaonbb
10-21-2006, 09:07 PM
AZ~ what if you have a different MP3 player than the POS ipod? Do you need a changer-to-RCA adapter instead or does it work with all aux input devices?

lowdrag
10-21-2006, 10:48 PM
If you want to connect any Mp3 player that's not an Ipod or don't want an Ipod interface, you need to order a cable for the head unit. There are no RCA inputs on the back, only extra outputs for amplifiers. There is a round interface with numerous pins on the back and that's where the cable for the AUX input goes. You can order a cable for the unit from someplace like Crutchfields. I believe you can order one that has an stereo headphone plug on it that will plug into the headphone jack on any Mp3. If not, just order the one with RCA jacks on it and get the adaptor from stereo to RCA and any electronics store. The cable will cost you about $20.

JoeTechie
10-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I have the links to the exact model in this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=2855&start=9

Enjoy,

Joe

iaonbb
10-22-2006, 12:44 PM
for all you non-ipod'ers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kenwood-Aux-input-to-RCA-iPod-Adpator-ref-CA-C1AUX-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38636QQihZ009QQitem Z190041654572QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
[/url]